Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:19 pm 
Bruce Comben

Respect and much love to Moshe and all of his. One of my favourite posters. Will be sorely missed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

Some great posts being shared in the thread. Well done to all.

RIP Moshe and sincerest condolences to your family.

Hope the Blues do it for you this week against the old enemy...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Vale Moshe
Condolences to his family and friends including those on this forum who knew him.
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
TBWKTM wrote:
A callout to GWS; Agro; BV; Doc S and those who were very lucky to be counted as Moshe's friends- many thanks for the stories you all shared......I feel very touched and humbled to read the stories :thumbsup: :thanks:

And, what a wonderfully erudite and compelling writer he is- thanks to you Agro and Moshe for the experiences shared about the lost decade in the '70s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RIP Moshe.

Thank you for your thoughts but I was a passing acquaintance of Moshe. GWS, Doc, Agro and many others were far closer than I was. No doubt they would be significantly affected and I share your best wishes and thoughts for them. :thumbsup:

Actually he did think of you as a friend or at the very least a great force for good in the world and the only person in here who really had much of a clue about the game. :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:09 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
Sad news very sad.
I am going to miss him around here. Moshe and myself never agreed on anything but we had a healthy respect for each other. Every time I posted something I was always waiting for Moshe to correct my spelling or grammar.
I met up with him once at a Swans game in Sydney and prior to the game I was a bit apprehensive about meeting him as we disagreed on everything. However we sat next to each other watch our Blues cop yet another flogging and had a terrific afternoon trying to work out where it all went wrong and strangely enough we agreed on everything. We parted that day with a handshake and went back to the forum disagreeing with each other.

We will miss him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I just want to acknowledge this is also a beautiful tribute to Moshe: appreciate the humility and warmth.

FWIW, I met Moshe briefly at (the old) Percy's once. And got the same impression others have honoured.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BigGartos wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Sad news very sad.
I am going to miss him around here. Moshe and myself never agreed on anything but we had a healthy respect for each other. Every time I posted something I was always waiting for Moshe to correct my spelling or grammar.
I met up with him once at a Swans game in Sydney and prior to the game I was a bit apprehensive about meeting him as we disagreed on everything. However we sat next to each other watch our Blues cop yet another flogging and had a terrific afternoon trying to work out where it all went wrong and strangely enough we agreed on everything. We parted that day with a handshake and went back to the forum disagreeing with each other.

We will miss him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I just want to acknowledge this is also a beautiful tribute to Moshe: appreciate the humility and warmth.

FWIW, I met Moshe briefly at (the old) Percy's once. And got the same impression others have honoured.

Yeah good call BG.

Syd and I go hammer and tongs in here but I think there’s a level of grace there that is beautiful to see.

Moshe told me a number of times how much he enjoyed that day talking to Syd.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:01 am 
John James

I've never met anyone here and don't post too often but visit the site every single day. This place and the posters within have helped me through some pretty tough times just by giving me a distraction and many different opinions and views on life and the team I love.

The tributes here are beautiful and show what an impact Moshe has had on so many people. No doubt he would appreciate the discussion about health which has arisen and is so important as well. I for sure will miss reading his posts on a range of topics as they so often prompted deeper thought.

To those that were close to Moshe and are hurting right now I'm so sorry for your loss. May he Rest In Peace.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:34 am 
Bruce Doull

GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
TBWKTM wrote:
A callout to GWS; Agro; BV; Doc S and those who were very lucky to be counted as Moshe's friends- many thanks for the stories you all shared......I feel very touched and humbled to read the stories :thumbsup: :thanks:

And, what a wonderfully erudite and compelling writer he is- thanks to you Agro and Moshe for the experiences shared about the lost decade in the '70s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RIP Moshe.

Thank you for your thoughts but I was a passing acquaintance of Moshe. GWS, Doc, Agro and many others were far closer than I was. No doubt they would be significantly affected and I share your best wishes and thoughts for them. :thumbsup:

Actually he did think of you as a friend or at the very least a great force for good in the world and the only person in here who really had much of a clue about the game. :lol:

One thing which has struck me is that I was a passing acquaintance to Moshe, a guy in Sydney who happened to share a love of the same team, post in a footy forum, and once gave him a ticket to a match up here in Sydney against GWS (irony alert), yet he made me feel like I was a close friend of his. Moshe often messaged me just to say hi, or happy birthday or similar. Reading the posts here, I'm in a large community of others who he made feel similarly special and blessed.

That's the mark of an incredibly special person. He will remain with me for many years.

Thank you for your memories of Moshe everyone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
TBWKTM wrote:

RIP Moshe.

One thing which has struck me is that I was a passing acquaintance to Moshe, a guy in Sydney who happened to share a love of the same team, post in a footy forum, and once gave him a ticket to a match up here in Sydney against GWS (irony alert), yet he made me feel like I was a close friend of his. Moshe often messaged me just to say hi, or happy birthday or similar. Reading the posts here, I'm in a large community of others who he made feel similarly special and blessed.

That's the mark of an incredibly special person. He will remain with me for many years.

Thank you for your memories of Moshe everyone

That would have been the match that I bumped into the two of you and had a brief chat for a few minutes. Understandably the only time I had the pleasure of meeting Moshe but a lovely fellow all the same.

It's taking me a while to fully process this. I never had any real personal dealing with Moshe, but he was always around to offer a well reasoned point on the club as it stands now or some great reminiscences of the past, or the grammar and spelling corrections that became so well known here. And yet... there won't be any more of it. I'm going to miss Moshe. I barely knew him, but I'll miss him. And so will the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

Very sad news.

Will be greatly missed.

RIP Moshe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:45 pm 
Bob Chitty

ColourMan wrote:
Very sad news.

Will be greatly missed.

RIP Moshe.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am 
Bruce Doull

GWS wrote:
CK95 wrote:
He loved that group :thumbsup:

The greatest mosquito fleet in the history of the game. :wink:

I was just thinking about the day you introduced me to moshe, & the mixed look of sadness & sympathy that crossed your faces when I told you I didn't start following footy until 1983 :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
GWS wrote:
CK95 wrote:
He loved that group :thumbsup:

The greatest mosquito fleet in the history of the game. :wink:

I was just thinking about the day you introduced me to moshe, & the mixed look of sadness & sympathy that crossed your faces when I told you I didn't start following footy until 1983 :oops: :lol:

:lol:

Was that in North Fitzroy?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yep, at the Parkview.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

This is so sad. Far too young to pass. RIP Moshe.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

You know, I've come into this thread over a dozen times these last three days and each time left writing nothing. Today I have to.

I never met Moshe, but I knew him for 16 years. Some may say how well can you know someone having not met them, let's see, this is how well I know him.

I know he was well read, that didn't take long to work out. Not that long ago I saw a picture of his library, I mean, the man had a library and not just a couple of shelves, I'm pretty sure I saw a ladder on wheels.

I know he loved robust discussion, especially when he was right. When Moshe was right it was a sight to behold, sit back and watch some poor sap receive a lesson.

I've spoken to many people over the last 16 years, who have had the privilege and great pleasure of meeting Moshe, everyone told me what a beautiful human he was and not everyone lies.

There's only one thing Moshe loved more than Carlton and that's his family, I never met Moshe but I knew that family was everything to him.

To his girls and the single most important person in his life, Helene, I offer my sincerest condolences. Moshe will never be forgotten and will forever remain a part of our family here.

I will miss that big smiling face and that warmth that he was able to convey in just a small paragraph.

I never met Moshe but you know what I'm pretty sure I knew him.

Rest In Peace my brother.

P.S. to Pat, my condolences mate, hope you're keeping well and staying strong, take care please.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Needs more dots tommi...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:

I know he loved robust discussion, especially when he was right. When Moshe was right it was a sight to behold, sit back and watch some poor sap receive a lesson.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

GWS, you seem to have known moshe the best.

I have never in my time on TC seen a series of posts to a late TCer.

And what a series of posts.

May I suggest, if you think it appropriate that you forward them to his family to show what we all thought of him and how much we grieve ourselves at his passing.

Sympathy at this time can never go astray.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

tommi wrote:
You know, I've come into this thread over a dozen times these last three days and each time left writing nothing. Today I have to.

I never met Moshe, but I knew him for 16 years. Some may say how well can you know someone having not met them, let's see, this is how well I know him.

I know he was well read, that didn't take long to work out. Not that long ago I saw a picture of his library, I mean, the man had a library and not just a couple of shelves, I'm pretty sure I saw a ladder on wheels.

I've spoken to many people over the last 16 years, who have had the privilege and great pleasure of meeting Moshe, everyone told me what a beautiful human he was and not everyone lies.

There's only one thing Moshe loved more than Carlton and that's his family, I never met Moshe but I knew that family was everything to him.

To his girls and the single most important person in his life, Helene, I offer my sincerest condolences. Moshe will never be forgotten and will forever remain a part of our family here.

I will miss that big smiling face and that warmth that he was able to convey in just a small paragraph.

I never met Moshe but you know what I'm pretty sure I knew him.

Rest In Peace my brother.

P.S. to Pat, my condolences mate, hope you're keeping well and staying strong, take care please.

wonderful post.
wonderful cos true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next