Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 172  Next
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:18 am 
Robert Walls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
OK.
I think this is the best team we can put on the park.
Yes, I know, Kreuzer isn't in it but we lose nothing for having Casboult in the ruck but we gain a lot of around the ground possessions and he can play everywhere.
I have gone for a small bench because the team looks tall as selected and we can use the entire bench through the forward line or the midfield and Jack can play tallish as well in defence or attack.
I originally had Plowman for Marchbank but swapped them. As a result Plow plays twos.
Newnes is a bit of a guess but they wouldn't have gone after him to play him in the NBs so I put him ahead of Williamson who also goes to the twos and not the bench.
I was tempted to leave Simmo out but he is a clinch player and deserves a spot just for his gutsy on-field leadership. He will get squeezed out by Willo or SPS at some stage.
I don't expect this team to ever be available and on the park.

B. Marchbank Jones Newman

HB. Doc Weitering Simpson

C. Cunningham SPS Newnes

HF. McGovern C.Curnow Martin

F. Betts McKay Murphy

R. Casboult Cripps Walsh

Bench: Jack Setterfield Fisher Ed

Almost: Dow, Gibbons, Williamson, Plowman, Stocker, Kennedy, Kreuzer.

I think what you show here is that there are 29 players AFL ready, which is great. It's not like we're putting Mullet or O'Shea in a list of players, it's guys like Plowman people are now putting in the almost category - 3rd in the BnF and a proven performer.

And just on that, I can see arguments for/against anyone moving in and out of the team in the "almost" players. But not with Plowman.

Considering all last year we had periods without Weitering, Jones, Marchbank and Docherty due to injury he was bloody good week in week out in a defence with personnel consistently changing. Continues to be under estimated, I think mostly, because even though his stuff ups don't happen any more frequently than other players, they are more noticeable, leading many to think he is more error prone.

His defensive job on Charlie Cameron last year shows what he adds to the team. I don't think we have in any other player on the list, at this stage.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:43 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

toddkurnski wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
OK.
I think this is the best team we can put on the park.
Yes, I know, Kreuzer isn't in it but we lose nothing for having Casboult in the ruck but we gain a lot of around the ground possessions and he can play everywhere.
I have gone for a small bench because the team looks tall as selected and we can use the entire bench through the forward line or the midfield and Jack can play tallish as well in defence or attack.
I originally had Plowman for Marchbank but swapped them. As a result Plow plays twos.
Newnes is a bit of a guess but they wouldn't have gone after him to play him in the NBs so I put him ahead of Williamson who also goes to the twos and not the bench.
I was tempted to leave Simmo out but he is a clinch player and deserves a spot just for his gutsy on-field leadership. He will get squeezed out by Willo or SPS at some stage.
I don't expect this team to ever be available and on the park.

B. Marchbank Jones Newman

HB. Doc Weitering Simpson

C. Cunningham SPS Newnes

HF. McGovern C.Curnow Martin

F. Betts McKay Murphy

R. Casboult Cripps Walsh

Bench: Jack Setterfield Fisher Ed

Almost: Dow, Gibbons, Williamson, Plowman, Stocker, Kennedy, Kreuzer.

I think what you show here is that there are 29 players AFL ready, which is great. It's not like we're putting Mullet or O'Shea in a list of players, it's guys like Plowman people are now putting in the almost category - 3rd in the BnF and a proven performer.

And just on that, I can see arguments for/against anyone moving in and out of the team in the "almost" players. But not with Plowman.

Considering all last year we had periods without Weitering, Jones, Marchbank and Docherty due to injury he was bloody good week in week out in a defence with personnel consistently changing. Continues to be under estimated, I think mostly, because even though his stuff ups don't happen any more frequently than other players, they are more noticeable, leading many to think he is more error prone.

His defensive job on Charlie Cameron last year shows what he adds to the team. I don't think we have in any other player on the list, at this stage.

Too true Todd.

I think the only reason Plowman is on the outer is for the same reason Marchbank is: the perception the team can only have one or the other.

This derives from the perception they are exclusively 'talls' or 3rd tall, after Jones and Weiters take the 2 KPD posts because of the perception that anyone over 192cms can only play on talls and are too slow to man smaller opponents.

Your reminder of Plowman's performance against the great small forward in Charlie Cameron.

I've mentioned this before: Marchbank and Plowman are mobile, tall and quick. They have both played on the wing in their Under 18 years, and they both can play against small and tall opponents.

I'm a huge fan of Marchbank, and get very disappointed when posters question his kicking after the game against the Pies. I have no respect for posters who write either of them off as being poor by hand or foot.

I believe they both can play as attacking talls whilst being an interceptor or a tagger. The game plan determines how attacking they alowed to be. The Bolton plan chip side ways keeping possession didnt allow for us to see Marchbank and Plowman in full flight. I was delighted to see Plowman kick a goal against Pies last week playing as a defender, ditto Willimason.

People bias trying to fit in all the quality smalls is another reason Marchbank or Plowman or dropped from their teams.

Lets see what Marchbank's first game back after serious neck injury tonight against the Druggies.

Furthermore, lets see what the MC decide to do when both Plowman and Marchbank are fully fit and available. That's when we will know how they are both rated by the MC. Posters bias don't count at the selection table.

Marchbank is one of the top 5 or 6 runners at the club, can mark, and is a skillfull big man who can play on smalls and talls.
Plowman came 3rd in the BnF last year is a skillful runner who can play on smalls and talls.

We are lucky to have them both available for selection when they are fit and in form.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:07 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I can only find spots for about 12 in my best 22.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:27 pm 
Banned

boy oh boy......

Anyway

B: Plowman Jones Marchbank
HB: Docherty Weitering Simpson
C: Setterfield Cripps Newman
HF: Gibbons Casboult Murphy
F: Betts DeKoning JSOS
R: Kreuzer Curnow Martin
IC: McGovern Dow Fisher SPS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
boy oh boy......

Anyway

Walsh!!..... Cough cough :donk:

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:39 pm 
Banned

killpies wrote:
Walsh wrote:
boy oh boy......

Anyway

See, this club has made me lose the plot not including the best player in the competition in my line up. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Walsh wrote:
killpies wrote:
Walsh wrote:
boy oh boy......

Anyway

See, this club has made me lose the plot not including the best player in the competition in my line up. :oops:
I thought you were just being humble and not picking yourself!
:lol:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
boy oh boy......

Anyway

I’m not sure Marchbank will be fit for round 1, in which case I think Newnes plays.
Add Walsh in for JSOS and you’ve got my round 1 team.
Add Walsh in for DeKoning and I think that’s what the match committee will take into round 1.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The last two weeks confirm my opinion that Matthew Kreuzer is unfit or unhealthy and not in my best 22 on current form.
It's time to get some games in to TDK. His ne quarter in M2 was more productive than Matty's entire game. Yes, he was fresh jumping against a tired opposition but Kreuzer was flogged all day at the ruck contests and contributed to our losing the clearances after half time. Plus he didn't tale one contested mark I can remember. TDK took two or three including the important one near the goalsquare.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
The last two weeks confirm my opinion that Matthew Kreuzer is unfit or unhealthy and not in my best 22 on current form.
It's time to get some games in to TDK. His ne quarter in M2 was more productive than Matty's entire game. Yes, he was fresh jumping against a tired opposition but Kreuzer was flogged all day at the ruck contests and contributed to our losing the clearances after half time. Plus he didn't tale one contested mark I can remember. TDK took two or three including the important one near the goalsquare.

I think we start with Kreuzer ... you know ... heart and soul.

He isn't easily pushed around and puts up a fight. TDK can build up in the VFL till he is kicking the door down.

I too don't think Kreuzer's a good tap ruck and he offers very little around the ground.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Don't have time for Marchbank. What's the point? He is just one of those guys who will always be injured.

Best for Rd1:

Plowman Jones Newman
Doc Weitering Simpson
Walsh Cripps Setterfield
Fisher Silvagni Martin
Betts Casboult DeKoning
Kreuzer Murphy Curnow
Dow Gibbons SPS Newnes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

I think we start with Kreuzer ... you know ... heart and soul.

He isn't easily pushed around and puts up a fight. TDK can build up in the VFL till he is kicking the door down.

I too don't think Kreuzer's a good tap ruck and he offers very little around the ground.

Can we afford to have him playing?
Can w afford not to?

I was thinking today that had we gone for Cotchin, Matt would now be a premiership ruckman and Cotchin would be languishing down the ladder. Sliding doors.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:38 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

For round one
Plowman Jones Newman
Docherty Weitering Simpson
Walsh Cripps Newnes
Martin Casboult Gibbons
Betts TDK McGovern
Kreuzer Curnow Murphy
Dow Silvagni Setterfield Fisher

Don’t think Marchbank, SPS or LOB are ready.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:43 am 
Geoff Southby

Sin City wrote:
For round one
Plowman Jones Newman
Walsh Cripps Newnes
Martin Casboult Gibbons
Betts TDK McGovern
Kreuzer Curnow Murphy

One running player short, IMO. If neither SPS or LOB are ready, I would play Cunners or maybe Willo instead of TDK.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sin City wrote:
For round one
Plowman Jones Newman
Walsh Cripps Newnes
Martin Casboult Gibbons
Betts TDK McGovern
Kreuzer Curnow Murphy

If history is a guide, SPS will play

Go Blues

Post subject: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:26 am 
formerly King Kenny

Round 1 we need match run and foot skills, so I’m going with a few changes from the norm.

B: Samo, Jones, Simpson
HB: Doc, Weitering, Newman
C: Setterfield, Cripps, Walsh
HF: Martin, Casboult, Gibbo
F: Betts, De Koning, McGovern

RCK: Kreuzer, Curnow, Murphy

INT: Fisher, Dow, Newnes, JSOS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:50 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Plowman is our best defender against small forwards and you're not playing him against the team with the speediest small forwards.
I'd leave Simpson or Newman out first.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I wish I could find the post where I suggested TDK would play games this year when Kreuzer went down with a season-ending injury.
His ankle may not be season ending but for a big strong man, he is not durable.
He has played 188 games all up. Cotchin, who went #2 in the same draft has played 234. Kreuzer has missed more than two full seasons against Cotchin, who has not played 234 games without missing a few.

He looks like missing weeks already. TDK, you're on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
I wish I could find the post where I suggested TDK would play games this year when Kreuzer went down with a season-ending injury.
His ankle may not be season ending but for a big strong man, he is not durable.
He has played 188 games all up. Cotchin, who went #2 in the same draft has played 234. Kreuzer has missed more than two full seasons against Cotchin, who has not played 234 games without missing a few.

He looks like missing weeks already. TDK, you're on.
:thumbsup:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:44 am 
Laurie Kerr

what happened to jimmae team board? i click on it and goes to a different site now. i need to do my team

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 172  Next