Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:53 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
fjanyc wrote:
The Ellis thing just screams amateur hour and SOS has every right to feel aggrieved if what has been written about that failed courtship is true.

And that is the key. If it's true.
FWIW, I doubt it. The CEO isn't going to be that foolish. IMHO, the speculation about the Betts acquisition makes more sense. I believe Teague and Liddle were keen on Betts coming to the club and SOS wasn't. I'm happy enough with the outcome and perhaps SOS didn't like not getting his way. But I suspect it was Teagues wishes that determined the outcome, not Liddle.
The days of one person running the club are gone and rightly so. We have a football department. Not a dictatorship. I'm bemused by the references to old Carlton. Old Carlton is 2004. Anything before that is ancient history that cannot be re-created without working outside the rules.

SOS has done an admirable job but the time has come for him to move on. He has a conflict with 2 sons at the club and another possible in a year or so. Let his sons control their own destiny now. Perhaps that's how he recognises the situation.
We have people in place who have been under his tutelage. It's time to let them grow and develop.
I see the future as exciting and an opportunity. If anyone chooses not to be involved or to create instability, IMHO, it's your loss.

Well said

More stories in all of this than dealing with the facts - which will be for privileged participants.

Thanks for the contribution SOS - you keep giving!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:23 am 
Stephen Kernahan

billc3 wrote:
robertbb wrote:
"Liddle was already under pressure after his key commercial appointment failed and lasted less than eight weeks in the job."

Any insight into what's gone on here?
Agree? What's this refer to?... And the implication is that Prenda's role is to sort it out?

Go Blues

Has this been clarified yet?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:29 am 
John Nicholls

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
billc3 wrote:
robertbb wrote:
"Liddle was already under pressure after his key commercial appointment failed and lasted less than eight weeks in the job."

Any insight into what's gone on here?
Agree? What's this refer to?... And the implication is that Prenda's role is to sort it out?

Go Blues

Has this been clarified yet?

Not that I've seen, no.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
fjanyc wrote:
The Ellis thing just screams amateur hour and SOS has every right to feel aggrieved if what has been written about that failed courtship is true.

FWIW, I doubt it. The CEO isn't going to be that foolish. IMHO, the speculation about the Betts acquisition makes more sense. I believe Teague and Liddle were keen on Betts coming to the club and SOS wasn't. I'm happy enough with the outcome and perhaps SOS didn't like not getting his way. But I suspect it was Teagues wishes that determined the outcome, not Liddle.
The days of one person running the club are gone and rightly so. We have a football department. Not a dictatorship. I'm bemused by the references to old Carlton. Old Carlton is 2004. Anything before that is ancient history that cannot be re-created without working outside the rules.

SOS has done an admirable job but the time has come for him to move on. He has a conflict with 2 sons at the club and another possible in a year or so. Let his sons control their own destiny now. Perhaps that's how he recognises the situation.
We have people in place who have been under his tutelage. It's time to let them grow and develop.
I see the future as exciting and an opportunity. If anyone chooses not to be involved or to create instability, IMHO, it's your loss.

Well said

More stories in all of this than dealing with the facts - which will be for privileged participants.

Agree, well said BV.

I don't believe the Liddle Ellis thing either...not the way it has been reported.

Fact is, SOS was leaving at the end of 2020. He was leaving, and now chooses to leave a year earlier.

I believe that he wants to give his sons space to make their own history without the old man, as list manager, hanging over their heads.

If SOS was offered another role by MLG it suggests SOS is good to have around the club, but SOS has done his job. He must feel satisfied he's done the job, and left a war chest and future picks in tact for the club to keep adding value to the list. I would have liked SOS to do that next year, but it doesn't mean it can't happen without him.

Time to move along towards the next flag and golden era.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:12 am 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
london blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
fjanyc wrote:

Well said

Agree, well said BV.

I don't believe the Liddle Ellis thing either...not the way it has been reported.

Fact is, SOS was leaving at the end of 2020. He was leaving, and now chooses to leave a year earlier.

I believe that he wants to give his sons space to make their own history without the old man, as list manager, hanging over their heads.

If SOS was offered another role by MLG it suggests SOS is good to have around the club, but SOS has done his job. He must feel satisfied he's done the job, and left a war chest and future picks in tact for the club to keep adding value to the list. I would have liked SOS to do that next year, but it doesn't mean it can't happen without him.

Hard to know what to make of this. Managing the people well in any organisation is the key role of a leader and leadership group. I would like to believe BV's take on the situation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:18 am 
Bruce Doull

No matter what side of the fence you’re on, I think we can all agree that the club have handled this very poorly.

They’ve sat on their hands and allowed da meedya to control the narrative, rather than actually getting on the front foot and managing the situation.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
london blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
fjanyc wrote:

Well said

Agree, well said BV.

It’s the old Carlton to some degree
It’s not as bad as the Elliott years
But mates in the workplace often leads to disaster

Time will tell if the list he has assembled will deliver the goods
Reading Little’s body language at Bolton’s presser after he was sacked it seemed clear to me he thought
that the problems run a bit deeper

As we all know I have been a big critic of SOS’S recruiting particularly with the rejects from other clubs
As I said the proof will be in the pudding down the track on that one

Bolton disagreed with some of Sos recruiting
But SOS had more control with his mate the Pres at the helm
But with Lloyd joining his mates Liddle and Agresta at the club
SOS and MLGs power was eroded
Bit of a basket case really
But that’s Carlton off the field
And it’s been like that for a generation

Bottom line
If you have too many chiefs and not enough Indians in the workplace
it ultimately doesn’t function properly particularly when groups of mates are involved

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
No matter what side of the fence you’re on, I think we can all agree that the club have handled this very poorly.

They’ve sat on their hands and allowed da meedya to control the narrative, rather than actually getting on the front foot and managing the situation.

Agree wholeheartedly. As a member, from the outside looking in and without knowledge of the internal politics, this is extremely messy and incredibly disappointing.

God help us all if we have a poor start to 2020....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:02 pm 
Ken Hands

Not very smart from Jack Silvagni to like tweets about this which publically slag the CEO and the club.

https://twitter.com/mattwalshmedia/stat ... 98432?s=21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Some points to consider:

1. Tom Browne is a flog of the highest order. He's a bullshit artist that rivals Caro, an ambulance chaser and one of the biggest wankers to hit AFL media since Damian Barrett. If you're believing any of the shit he spins or reposting it, take a step back.

2. 6 months ago when Brendon Bolton was sacked, everyone started calling for SOS to be sacked, saying the list was shit.

3. When Teague looked like he wasn't going to be considered for the coaching job, those same people wanted Juddy to be sacked.

4. At all times, everyone wanted Mark LoGuidice to be sacked.

5. Now "allegedly" (I say allegedly because no one from Carlton has addressed the media yet and neither has SOS, everything is soap opera makeyuppy clickbait crap at this stage) Liddle has forced SOS out. Now those same people who wanted SOS sacked 6 months ago are the same ones calling for Liddle to be sacked now for forcing SOS out allegedly :screwy:

So let's sack SOS, Liddle, Juddy, LoGuidice, the apprentice chef at the Carlton Cafe, whoever's doing an average job of mopping the toilet floors, the gardener, all the staff in the shop for closing on Saturdays...

Why don't we just nuke the entire place, hand back the keys and shut up shop?

Honestly, the drama and hysterical meltdowns by people not in the know who buy into media nuff clickbait trash is really getting out of control. The only people who know the truth are SOS and the Carlton board. At the end of the day the sun will set and tomorrow it will rise and Carlton will continue to march up towards success once more. Liddle knows what he's doing, the club is in a much better place since he arrived. We can say the same thing on paper about SOS but time will tell just how much improvement we have due to him.

Calm down, it's a loooooong preseason...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:13 pm 
John Nicholls

keogh wrote:

Bottom line
it ultimately doesn’t function properly particularly when groups of mates are involved

Truckloads of Indians in my workplace and it still doesn't function so well. :lol:
They're propping the housing market up though so it's all good.

Wait wrong thread.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

robertbb wrote:
keogh wrote:

Bottom line

Truckloads of Indians in my workplace and it still doesn't function so well. :lol:

Call centre?

NTTAWWT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:15 pm 
John Nicholls

Vic Government department... healthcare tech.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

Scotty12000 wrote:
Some points to consider:

1. Tom Browne is a flog of the highest order. He's a bullshit artist that rivals Caro, an ambulance chaser and one of the biggest wankers to hit AFL media since Damian Barrett. If you're believing any of the shit he spins or reposting it, take a step back.

2. 6 months ago when Brendon Bolton was sacked, everyone started calling for SOS to be sacked, saying the list was shit.

3. When Teague looked like he wasn't going to be considered for the coaching job, those same people wanted Juddy to be sacked.

5. Now "allegedly" (I say allegedly because no one from Carlton has addressed the media yet and neither has SOS, everything is soap opera makeyuppy clickbait crap at this stage) Liddle has forced SOS out. Now those same people who wanted SOS sacked 6 months ago are the same ones calling for Liddle to be sacked now for forcing SOS out allegedly :screwy:

So let's sack SOS, Liddle, Juddy, LoGuidice, the apprentice chef at the Carlton Cafe, whoever's doing an average job of mopping the toilet floors, the gardener, all the staff in the shop for closing on Saturdays...

Honestly, the drama and hysterical meltdowns by people not in the know who buy into media nuff clickbait trash is really getting out of control. The only people who know the truth are SOS and the Carlton board. At the end of the day the sun will set and tomorrow it will rise and Carlton will continue to march up towards success once more. Liddle knows what he's doing, the club is in a much better place since he arrived. We can say the same thing on paper about SOS but time will tell just how much improvement we have due to him.

Not having a go Scotty, but FWIW I reckon yours is the "least calm" post of the last few pages.

Perhaps you read hearing a different tone than me. All I'm perceiving is people with an interest in these events posting their thoughts and opinions. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

The AFL world is lousy with CEO's, list managers of quality and experience less so.
The President needs to explain this mess to the members.
Just seeing the club momentum finally shift to positive but Carlton gonna Carlton.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

BigKev wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
Some points to consider:

Not having a go Scotty, but FWIW I reckon yours is the "least calm" post of the last few pages.

Perhaps you read hearing a different tone than me. All I'm perceiving is people with an interest in these events posting their thoughts and opinions. :thumbsup:

Not only addressing the posters on this page or attacking anyone directly here, but the general Carlton community at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

keogh wrote:
Too many big egos never makes for a dysfunctional workplace

What the hell :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:

Agree, the club has handled this whole thing very poorly.
This story has been around for months and now is gathering momentum.
I will be interested to see how this is finally announced by the club.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 pm 
Robert Walls

Maybe they are going to sakc liddle and give SOS his job....

:eek: :sly:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:44 pm 
formerly Fevola

We all love SOS, legend and all but he seems to want everything his way otherwise will crack the shits. If the article is true and him taking a parting shot at the board, it’s poor form from him given his sons are at the club.

He appears to disagree with everyone. Bolton, Lloyd and now Liddle. Who was going to be next Teague too? Just a proud individual who can’t take orders or work with others in a team unless they agree with him.

We need a strong team working together and they can leave their egos at home. Geez it’s not that hard.

Now his sons are liking tweets bagging Liddle too. Not a great look, why can’t he just bow out quietly knowing he put 100% in the job he did very well. Who knows how jack and Ben are are going to be looked at by the club at and vice verse. They may be too upset to have the passion necessary for the club next season. Who knows?

Typical of the club to not answer up to media articles. Management from president is so very poor. He is invisible. Club should be saying something.

I don’t know, one step forward and two steps back with this club. Eddie would love reading all media about the infighting especially that SOS did not want him.

Club is bigger than any individual.

This is all so upsetting..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30  Next