Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm 
John Nicholls

Very positive steps. Heard from one of another club's recruiting team and AR has such a strong reputation and will make a major difference to our performance. Gun recruit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:53 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Just hope all the boys start lactating at the same time...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:50 pm 
Robert Walls

moshe25 wrote:
Just hope all the boys start lactating at the same time...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Really milking that gag for all it's worth m25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:03 am 
Bruce Doull

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/10 ... 6973929473

Looks a little old to still be breastfeeding.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:24 am 
Harry Vallence

Taff wrote:
Very positive steps. Heard from one of another club's recruiting team and AR has such a strong reputation and will make a major difference to our performance. Gun recruit.

Agree Bolton will sleep a lot easier with Russell and Walls on board coaching panel , excellent support .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 am 
Geoff Southby

bmaurizio wrote:
Taff wrote:

Agree Bolton will sleep a lot easier with Russell and Walls on board coaching panel , excellent support .

I agree too that AR will make us a fitter, stronger and mentally more conditioned team. But I think Bolts will have gotten more from his Harvard trip then he will from Walls. Having Walls at the club will be more for the members than the coaches.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If Bolton insists on this press up the ground we are going to get murdered on the rebounds like last night.
All bar 3 or 4 of the bombers goals we easy out the back goals with our blokes getting caught to far up the ground.
At one stage there last night Essendon* were 4 from 4 inside fifties .
We were 3 from 16

Need to fix this fast.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
If Bolton insists on this press up the ground we are going to get murdered on the rebounds like last night.
All bar 3 or 4 of the bombers goals we easy out the back goals with our blokes getting caught to far up the ground.
At one stage there last night Essendon** were 4 from 4 inside fifties .
We were 3 from 16

Need to fix this fast.

Most of the cheats goals came from half back....we need to get better at keeping the ball in and pressuring the rebounding half back flanker into errors(saad and the irish guy last night). not so sure pressing up the ground is an issue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

doofdoof wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
At one stage there last night Essendon*** were 4 from 4 inside fifties .
We were 3 from 16

Need to fix this fast.

Most of the cheats goals came from half back....we need to get better at keeping the ball in and pressuring the rebounding half back flanker into errors(saad and the irish guy last night). not so sure pressing up the ground is an issue
You can bolt forward at break neck speed off half back all you like but if you look up and all you see to kick to is two blues jumpers you then stop prop and kick it sideways.
But if you see 2 or 3 of your own blokes bolting out the back as they have pressed up you just bomb away and allow them to run onto it.
How many times in recent years have you seen us just blaze away and turn it over because we had nothing to kick to.
There is not a football game in the world where you allow opposition to get in behind you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:58 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
At one stage there last night Essendon**** were 4 from 4 inside fifties .
We were 3 from 16

Need to fix this fast.

You can bolt forward at break neck speed off half back all you like but if you look up and all you see to kick to is two blues jumpers you then stop prop and kick it sideways.
But if you see 2 or 3 of your own blokes bolting out the back as they have pressed up you just bomb away and allow them to run onto it.
How many times in recent years have you seen us just blaze away and turn it over because we had nothing to kick to.
There is not a football game in the world where you allow opposition to get in behind you

This is the point I have been making for years. We are susceptible to it and have been under successive coaches.
McKenna is the Irish guy. Fast. Good ball user, doesn't get injured or homesick.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

Agree with the press point. Also kicking long to the hot spot at every forward attack.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:12 am 
Laurie Kerr

Can see the early season press narrative starting to build - how much time does Bolton have..., Now he has the talent where are results..., Can he coach...

Early loses will bring the collective pack down on him and the club.

I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing but I can see it happening.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Seriously? We've played 1 JLT match (which we won!) :lol:

Every team presses. I watched a number of games on the weekend and numerous teams were beaten out the back on the press. Including the grand finalists. If you want to sit back and leave your numbers in the back half, the ball will spend the majority of the match there.

Let's wait to see how the first month of the season pans out before making rash assessments of our game style deficiencies and making nooses for Bolton.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Seriously? We've played 1 JLT match (which we won!) :lol:

Every team presses. I watched a number of games on the weekend and numerous teams were beaten out the back on the press. Including the grand finalists. If you want to sit back and leave your numbers in the back half, the ball will spend the majority of the match there.

Let's wait to see how the first month of the season pans out before making rash assessments of our game style deficiencies and making nooses for Bolton.
How many goals did we score that way??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We scored 10 goals from clearances including front half repeat entries.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

yeah, but APART from that. :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
yeah, but APART from that. :grin:

The aqueduct.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Thats not what I asked.
How many goals did we score from getting out the back of the opposition with no one between us and the goals.
Essendon* got about 9 or 10
I can't think of 1 we scored that way.
Plenty from spillages at the top of the square. (Which worked well ) but coast to coast getting in behind the defence none

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Thats not what I asked.
How many goals did we score from getting out the back of the opposition with no one between us and the goals.
Essendon** got about 9 or 10
I can't think of 1 we scored that way.
Plenty from spillages at the top of the square. (Which worked well ) but coast to coast getting in behind the defence none

Essendon* goals.
1. Free kick at the centre bounce. Daniher marks on the lead
2. Defensive 50 rebound. Player over the back marks
3. Defensive 50 error. Stringer kicks goal off the ground. Carlton players defensive side
4. Kick and mark play off half back. Tipungwuti marks and goals. Carlton players defensive side of marker
5. Centre clearance. Stringer marks and goals.
6. SPS drops the mark in the middle of the ground, Essendon* kick long, Jones is tripped in the marking contest and Tipungwuti takes the handball and goals.
7. Essendon* win the contest on the wing. McKenna kicks long and Essendon* kick the goal off the ground
8. Zac Clarke outmarks Plowman man on man and goals. Carlton players defensive side
9. Simpson fumbles on the wing, turnover, Brown outmarks Plowman and Garlett flies but fails to impact the contest
10. Contest in Essendon* forward line, McKernan handballs to McGrath, Goal. Carlton players defensive side of kicker
11. Essendon* win the centre clearance, long ball, Brown crumbs and goals, Carlton players defensive side of kicker
12. Free kick in the centre square, long kick, Laverde breaks the tackle, handball to McGrath, Goal. Carlton players defensive side
13. Contest on the wing, hack kick forward, Tipungwuti handballs to Stringer, goal. Carlton players defensive side of goal kicker
14. Essendon* free at half forward. Smith hits Laverde on the lead

By my assessment, that's 5 goals at the most where they got us out the back. FWIW, i'd rather us be a forward half team than a defensive half attacking team any day. We won the clearances and we won the inside 50's. That's why we won the game. Essendon* on the other hand were reactive off half back.
Their game style got them 5 goals, ours got us 10. Dont worry about how many goals we got Essendon* style, concentrate on what won us the game.

People also seems to forget we lost the highest ranked player on the ground early in the second quarter (Curnow)
We beat a team tipped by many to be a big improver this year. I can't understand the negativity.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 350  Next