Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 7:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:33 pm 
Offline
Bob Chitty
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 3:04 pm
Posts: 829
Sidefx wrote:
Sorry if this offends anyone, but the club needs to fold our AFLW team effective, immediately. The last thing our supports, staff and mens team need is another team at the club that gets flogged regularly. An immediate decision needs to be made by the board to preserve what's left of our fragile culture and morale.


I'm offended by how dumb this 'solution' is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:26 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 1042
Agro jr wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Sorry if this offends anyone, but the club needs to fold our AFLW team effective, immediately. The last thing our supports, staff and mens team need is another team at the club that gets flogged regularly. An immediate decision needs to be made by the board to preserve what's left of our fragile culture and morale.


I'm offended by how dumb this 'solution' is.


You have the floor Einstein, enlighten us with your wisdom and solution for us not being crap in every league we are involved with. And please emphasise on the gain for the club, both financially and culturally in having the running costs of another team that is most likely to take out yet another wooden spoon and drive another stake into our once proud heritage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:05 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 20989
Location: Kaloyasena
Based on your logic Hawking, our club should have handed the keys in based on any criteria over the past 17 years.

_________________
I BELIEVE we need to invest in more concrete and spend less on wallpaper


"Hence you will not say that Greeks fight like heroes but that heroes fight like Greeks"?

Winston Churchill



Too much Sugar and too much Bleach is very very boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:12 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 1042
AGRO wrote:
Based on your logic Hawking, our club should have handed the keys in based on any criteria over the past 17 years.


So your logic is that a club that has a 155 year heritage of success bar the last 17 years (even though we still made finals during this period), is comparable to 2 years and possibly 3 years of utter crapola from a league that is recruiting athletes from any sport they can get their hands on just to try and make a game. But as you obviously feel the need to come in and rescue your son after his half witted comment, please have the logic to actually answer the original question. What do we gain from being crap in another league?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:43 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 20989
Location: Kaloyasena
My son doesn’t need rescuing from you or anyone else, Pauling.

You’ve answered your own question with your own dim witted comments.

We are crap in another league because we are crap full stop.


Culture and morale is driven by the top down, if our Board can’t create the right culture then our football teams won’t have it either.

We’ll stop being crap when the culture and morale, that’s been created by the current Board is rectified.

_________________
I BELIEVE we need to invest in more concrete and spend less on wallpaper


"Hence you will not say that Greeks fight like heroes but that heroes fight like Greeks"?

Winston Churchill



Too much Sugar and too much Bleach is very very boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:17 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 1042
Well, clearly my "dim witted" comments are attracting dim witted responses (whilst still evading the question, again). Come back to me when you have an educated answer and I'll be more than happy for some more banter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:58 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 20989
Location: Kaloyasena
No Nobel prizes for comprehension in your family Ronald.

_________________
I BELIEVE we need to invest in more concrete and spend less on wallpaper


"Hence you will not say that Greeks fight like heroes but that heroes fight like Greeks"?

Winston Churchill



Too much Sugar and too much Bleach is very very boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:28 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 11550
Location: Bondi Beach
We are a founding club.

Despite the poor showing on the weekend, against a hand picked super team, we are also a founding member of the mens, and the womens competition.
I'm grateful for that, and proud of our club.

In fact, with a bit of coaxing from me and my carlton mad boys we have been pleasantly surprised to see a few females (friends) change their allegiance to Carlton because they had a women's team and their team didn't. When asked what they liked apart from having a womens team they said they love the jumper.

I'm sure the women's team provides plenty of exposure of our brand and our emblem around the country and that's a great thing.
Sponsors love that sort of thing: exposure, that is.

Win or lose I am Carlton, the girls are Carlton, we are Carlton. I'm glad we are in everyone's face.
You've got to be in it the be relevant. Handing back the keys isn't an option, and I'm glad Collins didnt do it when he was running the joint.

I'm proud we have a womens team.
Gosh, in 2017, the opening round of the AFLW was at Princes park against Collingwood, with a sellout crowd reminded everyone of the power houses Carlton and Collingwood are, win or lose. The girls put us back on the public's radar, when the boys were not performing as well, and we won. In fact we won 3 in a row.

Its times like now that the club is made aware of another area we should be making improvements: that's all.

The women have put Carlton back on the map. That's worth plenty. After the night game we had last year, it made it clear the AFL needed Princes Park as it did before Docklands, and now they are footing the bill for new lights...and you will hear announcements on that soon. Why? because the women play there and its a ground with an inner city address that 10-20,000 footy fans would be willing to attend if it was a great spectacle. I'm so glad princes Park is back on the map and on TV, not just for my nostalgia, but for my kids and the whole Carlton Football Club Family.

No need to get all despondent, and turning on each other Richmond style, and despite getting use to losing over the last 17 years, we still don't like it, and from what I'm seeing, we are doing something about it.

The losing isn't going to continue forever. Like a poster said above, after 155 years, the losing is just a moment in time. Carlton lives on.

Both teams will do us proud in the next couple of years when we have reestablished ourselves as a power house of the competition, and of this country.

Don't get down on the girls. Carlton has changed its ways and moved with the times. Carlton is the domain for Men and Women and young Boys and Girls.

Our AFLW team just played against a team which have been handed on a platter all the advantages similar to the GWS. We weren't scoreless, and yes there we areas in their game and their training regime in need for a change. The girls will come back with that Carlton spirit. You know...the spirit that doesn't like losing. That's us.

_________________
I hope the 17th Flag is won this decade


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:51 pm 
Offline
Bruce Comben

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:33 am
Posts: 45
Location: Northside
bondiblue wrote:
We are a founding club.

Despite the poor showing on the weekend, against a hand picked super team, we are also a founding member of the mens, and the womens competition.
I'm grateful for that, and proud of our club.

In fact, with a bit of coaxing from me and my carlton mad boys we have been pleasantly surprised to see a few females (friends) change their allegiance to Carlton because they had a women's team and their team didn't. When asked what they liked apart from having a womens team they said they love the jumper.

I'm sure the women's team provides plenty of exposure of our brand and our emblem around the country and that's a great thing.
Sponsors love that sort of thing: exposure, that is.

Win or lose I am Carlton, the girls are Carlton, we are Carlton. I'm glad we are in everyone's face.
You've got to be in it the be relevant. Handing back the keys isn't an option, and I'm glad Collins didnt do it when he was running the joint.

I'm proud we have a womens team.
Gosh, in 2017, the opening round of the AFLW was at Princes park against Collingwood, with a sellout crowd reminded everyone of the power houses Carlton and Collingwood are, win or lose. The girls put us back on the public's radar, when the boys were not performing as well, and we won. In fact we won 3 in a row.

Its times like now that the club is made aware of another area we should be making improvements: that's all.

The women have put Carlton back on the map. That's worth plenty. After the night game we had last year, it made it clear the AFL needed Princes Park as it did before Docklands, and now they are footing the bill for new lights...and you will hear announcements on that soon. Why? because the women play there and its a ground with an inner city address that 10-20,000 footy fans would be willing to attend if it was a great spectacle. I'm so glad princes Park is back on the map and on TV, not just for my nostalgia, but for my kids and the whole Carlton Football Club Family.

No need to get all despondent, and turning on each other Richmond style, and despite getting use to losing over the last 17 years, we still don't like it, and from what I'm seeing, we are doing something about it.

The losing isn't going to continue forever. Like a poster said above, after 155 years, the losing is just a moment in time. Carlton lives on.

Both teams will do us proud in the next couple of years when we have reestablished ourselves as a power house of the competition, and of this country.

Don't get down on the girls. Carlton has changed its ways and moved with the times. Carlton is the domain for Men and Women and young Boys and Girls.

Our AFLW team just played against a team which have been handed on a platter all the advantages similar to the GWS. We weren't scoreless, and yes there we areas in their game and their training regime in need for a change. The girls will come back with that Carlton spirit. You know...the spirit that doesn't like losing. That's us.


Word.

_________________
Success is not built on success. It's built on failure, it's built on frustration. Sometimes it's built on catastrophe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 1042
bondiblue wrote:
We are a founding club.

Despite the poor showing on the weekend, against a hand picked super team, we are also a founding member of the mens, and the womens competition.
I'm grateful for that, and proud of our club.

In fact, with a bit of coaxing from me and my carlton mad boys we have been pleasantly surprised to see a few females (friends) change their allegiance to Carlton because they had a women's team and their team didn't. When asked what they liked apart from having a womens team they said they love the jumper.

I'm sure the women's team provides plenty of exposure of our brand and our emblem around the country and that's a great thing.
Sponsors love that sort of thing: exposure, that is.

Win or lose I am Carlton, the girls are Carlton, we are Carlton. I'm glad we are in everyone's face.
You've got to be in it the be relevant. Handing back the keys isn't an option, and I'm glad Collins didnt do it when he was running the joint.

I'm proud we have a womens team.
Gosh, in 2017, the opening round of the AFLW was at Princes park against Collingwood, with a sellout crowd reminded everyone of the power houses Carlton and Collingwood are, win or lose. The girls put us back on the public's radar, when the boys were not performing as well, and we won. In fact we won 3 in a row.

Its times like now that the club is made aware of another area we should be making improvements: that's all.

The women have put Carlton back on the map. That's worth plenty. After the night game we had last year, it made it clear the AFL needed Princes Park as it did before Docklands, and now they are footing the bill for new lights...and you will hear announcements on that soon. Why? because the women play there and its a ground with an inner city address that 10-20,000 footy fans would be willing to attend if it was a great spectacle. I'm so glad princes Park is back on the map and on TV, not just for my nostalgia, but for my kids and the whole Carlton Football Club Family.

No need to get all despondent, and turning on each other Richmond style, and despite getting use to losing over the last 17 years, we still don't like it, and from what I'm seeing, we are doing something about it.

The losing isn't going to continue forever. Like a poster said above, after 155 years, the losing is just a moment in time. Carlton lives on.

Both teams will do us proud in the next couple of years when we have reestablished ourselves as a power house of the competition, and of this country.

Don't get down on the girls. Carlton has changed its ways and moved with the times. Carlton is the domain for Men and Women and young Boys and Girls.

Our AFLW team just played against a team which have been handed on a platter all the advantages similar to the GWS. We weren't scoreless, and yes there we areas in their game and their training regime in need for a change. The girls will come back with that Carlton spirit. You know...the spirit that doesn't like losing. That's us.


Finally an intellectual response to my question.

As I don't work at the club and do not have accurate figures, I would still question the financial gain of having a womens team. As in most infant stages of any business I'm guessing there is quite a disproportion of expenses vs revenue. My concern is that if they are getting flogged week in week out than that disparity would become greater and at a cost to the mens team and overall debt. I've had a quick glance at our financial report and even though we made a 700k profit, it's still on a 61.6mil turnover which is just better than a 1% return. Banks can offer a better return than that.

However, I do agree that it was important for us to be a founding member and it's interesting and applaudable that you have converted some people. I really hope you're right about the branding and other associated marketing benefits as I totally understand the need for that, I just hope they are keeping their KPI's and stats, otherwise we are flying blind further into a hole.

You've sold me on some hope for the womens team and I'll back off the "handing the keys in" cliff. Let's just hope that the rest of their season is a success and there is not a negative effect on the mens team if the girls underperform.

Go the Blues.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:12 pm 
Offline
Bob Chitty
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 3:04 pm
Posts: 829
Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
We are a founding club.

Despite the poor showing on the weekend, against a hand picked super team, we are also a founding member of the mens, and the womens competition.
I'm grateful for that, and proud of our club.

In fact, with a bit of coaxing from me and my carlton mad boys we have been pleasantly surprised to see a few females (friends) change their allegiance to Carlton because they had a women's team and their team didn't. When asked what they liked apart from having a womens team they said they love the jumper.

I'm sure the women's team provides plenty of exposure of our brand and our emblem around the country and that's a great thing.
Sponsors love that sort of thing: exposure, that is.

Win or lose I am Carlton, the girls are Carlton, we are Carlton. I'm glad we are in everyone's face.
You've got to be in it the be relevant. Handing back the keys isn't an option, and I'm glad Collins didnt do it when he was running the joint.

I'm proud we have a womens team.
Gosh, in 2017, the opening round of the AFLW was at Princes park against Collingwood, with a sellout crowd reminded everyone of the power houses Carlton and Collingwood are, win or lose. The girls put us back on the public's radar, when the boys were not performing as well, and we won. In fact we won 3 in a row.

Its times like now that the club is made aware of another area we should be making improvements: that's all.

The women have put Carlton back on the map. That's worth plenty. After the night game we had last year, it made it clear the AFL needed Princes Park as it did before Docklands, and now they are footing the bill for new lights...and you will hear announcements on that soon. Why? because the women play there and its a ground with an inner city address that 10-20,000 footy fans would be willing to attend if it was a great spectacle. I'm so glad princes Park is back on the map and on TV, not just for my nostalgia, but for my kids and the whole Carlton Football Club Family.

No need to get all despondent, and turning on each other Richmond style, and despite getting use to losing over the last 17 years, we still don't like it, and from what I'm seeing, we are doing something about it.

The losing isn't going to continue forever. Like a poster said above, after 155 years, the losing is just a moment in time. Carlton lives on.

Both teams will do us proud in the next couple of years when we have reestablished ourselves as a power house of the competition, and of this country.

Don't get down on the girls. Carlton has changed its ways and moved with the times. Carlton is the domain for Men and Women and young Boys and Girls.

Our AFLW team just played against a team which have been handed on a platter all the advantages similar to the GWS. We weren't scoreless, and yes there we areas in their game and their training regime in need for a change. The girls will come back with that Carlton spirit. You know...the spirit that doesn't like losing. That's us.


Finally an intellectual response to my question.

As I don't work at the club and do not have accurate figures, I would still question the financial gain of having a womens team. As in most infant stages of any business I'm guessing there is quite a disproportion of expenses vs revenue. My concern is that if they are getting flogged week in week out than that disparity would become greater and at a cost to the mens team and overall debt. I've had a quick glance at our financial report and even though we made a 700k profit, it's still on a 61.6mil turnover which is just better than a 1% return. Banks can offer a better return than that.

However, I do agree that it was important for us to be a founding member and it's interesting and applaudable that you have converted some people. I really hope you're right about the branding and other associated marketing benefits as I totally understand the need for that, I just hope they are keeping their KPI's and stats, otherwise we are flying blind further into a hole.

You've sold me on some hope for the womens team and I'll back off the "handing the keys in" cliff. Let's just hope that the rest of their season is a success and there is not a negative effect on the mens team if the girls underperform.

Go the Blues.


It definitely was an intellectual response, but certainly one your initial 'solution' didn't warrant.


'They are getting flogged week after week'

They've played FIFTEEN GAMES for a record of 5-9-1 you @#$%&! moron.

Imagine thinking that your genius 'solution' to fold a team after 15 games demands an 'intellectual' response.


P.S thanks Dad for rescuing me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:53 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 1042
Agro jr wrote:
It definitely was an intellectual response, but certainly one your initial 'solution' didn't warrant.


'They are getting flogged week after week'

They've played FIFTEEN GAMES for a record of 5-9-1 you @#$%&! moron.

Imagine thinking that your genius 'solution' to fold a team after 15 games demands an 'intellectual' response.


P.S thanks Dad for rescuing me


5-9-1 hey? Well that's definitely a politicians response and a great way to skew the real facts:

Fact 1: The AFLW team has not won a game since round 2 last year and have lost 6 in a row since. Considering a season is only 7 games I'm thinking that's just as bad as our mens team this year, if not worse and half of you were calling for the coaches head and sack the board etc.
Fact 2: The smallest loosing margin has been 2 goals and the largest 10 goals. And in a league where the scoring is half the mens competition, I'd say that's getting flogged week in week out.

As for my genius solution, well it was all about finance and culture as you might have skimmed over above. Clearly two topics you seem to be inept at, so I guess I can see the difficulty for you.

I think you had better leave the insults to your dad, even though he just parrots mine there is still a level of creativity that I respect more than flat out profanity.

Now run along son and leave this discussion to the adults.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 pm 
Offline
Bob Chitty
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 3:04 pm
Posts: 829
Sidefx wrote:
Agro jr wrote:
It definitely was an intellectual response, but certainly one your initial 'solution' didn't warrant.


'They are getting flogged week after week'

They've played FIFTEEN GAMES for a record of 5-9-1 you @#$%&! moron.

Imagine thinking that your genius 'solution' to fold a team after 15 games demands an 'intellectual' response.


P.S thanks Dad for rescuing me


5-9-1 hey? Well that's definitely a politicians response and a great way to skew the real facts:

Fact 1: The AFLW team has not won a game since round 2 last year and have lost 6 in a row since. Considering a season is only 7 games I'm thinking that's just as bad as our mens team this year, if not worse and half of you were calling for the coaches head and sack the board etc.
Fact 2: The smallest loosing margin has been 2 goals and the largest 10 goals. And in a league where the scoring is half the mens competition, I'd say that's getting flogged week in week out.

As for my genius solution, well it was all about finance and culture as you might have skimmed over above. Clearly two topics you seem to be inept at, so I guess I can see the difficulty for you.

I think you had better leave the insults to your dad, even though he just parrots mine there is still a level of creativity that I respect more than flat out profanity.

Now run along son and leave this discussion to the adults.


You sound like a massive virgin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:51 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 2504
Location: Singapore
Agro jr wrote:
You sound like a massive virgin.


Is that an insult?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:32 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 11550
Location: Bondi Beach
Come on guys.

We're on the same team.

Frustration built up over years of sub par performances on and off the field are being put behind us.
Follow suit.

Forgive and forget....and look forward. The club is really making huge changes on and off the field.
I'm excited.

The girls are hurting and they will turn things around.

_________________
I hope the 17th Flag is won this decade


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:26 pm 
Offline
Bob Chitty
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 3:04 pm
Posts: 829
bondiblue wrote:
Come on guys.

We're on the same team.

Frustration built up over years of sub par performances on and off the field are being put behind us.
Follow suit.

Forgive and forget....and look forward. The club is really making huge changes on and off the field.
I'm excited.

The girls are hurting and they will turn things around.


No I disagree.

To IMPROVE culture, we must tell the AFL that we quit and fold the club effectively immediately.

Anyone who disagrees with this is a dimwit.

Please only respond INTELLIGENTLY to my flowering magnificent solution.


Also, I skimmed the financial report, and saw words like 'profit' and 'turnover'. Words such as 'revenue' were also important and of course 'expenses'.

Again, only educated and intelligent responses will be accepted in regards to my extremely insightful analysis into how the Carlton womens side (after 2 seasons) is financially and culturally destroying our club and as a result must be folded EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:00 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:06 am
Posts: 1642
Agro jr wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Come on guys.

We're on the same team.

Frustration built up over years of sub par performances on and off the field are being put behind us.
Follow suit.

Forgive and forget....and look forward. The club is really making huge changes on and off the field.
I'm excited.

The girls are hurting and they will turn things around.


No I disagree.

To IMPROVE culture, we must tell the AFL that we quit and fold the club effectively immediately.

Anyone who disagrees with this is a dimwit.

Please only respond INTELLIGENTLY to my flowering magnificent solution.


Also, I skimmed the financial report, and saw words like 'profit' and 'turnover'. Words such as 'revenue' were also important and of course 'expenses'.

Again, only educated and intelligent responses will be accepted in regards to my extremely insightful analysis into how the Carlton womens side (after 2 seasons) is financially and culturally destroying our club and as a result must be folded EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.


I have to agree!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:23 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 20989
Location: Kaloyasena
Sidefx wrote:
Agro jr wrote:
It definitely was an intellectual response, but certainly one your initial 'solution' didn't warrant.


'They are getting flogged week after week'

They've played FIFTEEN GAMES for a record of 5-9-1 you @#$%&! moron.

Imagine thinking that your genius 'solution' to fold a team after 15 games demands an 'intellectual' response.


P.S thanks Dad for rescuing me


5-9-1 hey? Well that's definitely a politicians response and a great way to skew the real facts:

Fact 1: The AFLW team has not won a game since round 2 last year and have lost 6 in a row since. Considering a season is only 7 games I'm thinking that's just as bad as our mens team this year, if not worse and half of you were calling for the coaches head and sack the board etc.
Fact 2: The smallest loosing margin has been 2 goals and the largest 10 goals. And in a league where the scoring is half the mens competition, I'd say that's getting flogged week in week out.

As for my genius solution, well it was all about finance and culture as you might have skimmed over above. Clearly two topics you seem to be inept at, so I guess I can see the difficulty for you.

I think you had better leave the insults to your dad, even though he just parrots mine there is still a level of creativity that I respect more than flat out profanity.

Now run along son and leave this discussion to the adults.




The person who wants a intellectual discussion whose original adult and considered solution is hand in the keys.


Now I’d tell you to run along but I’d ihave to get some sort of permission for your keys in order to open the doors first.

_________________
I BELIEVE we need to invest in more concrete and spend less on wallpaper


"Hence you will not say that Greeks fight like heroes but that heroes fight like Greeks"?

Winston Churchill



Too much Sugar and too much Bleach is very very boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:29 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 5155
Im happy that Carlton have a womens team and I think it is fantastic that girls now have a proper pathway to be elite footballers - having said that I don't find the games very stimulating but I think AFLX and golf aren't great either - if the byproduct of it is that we get more supporters for Carlton that is excellent

I think you can have a rational position somewhere in the middle on AFLW in favour generally not passionately for or against - this is why this puerile advertising from AFLW about haters going to hate is missing the mark fundamentally and shows the insecurity of the code and its immaturity - moreover it seems that any rational/reasoned criticism of AFLW is howled down on a politically correct basis - its like attacking Bambi

MEH to this time of year until JLT starts - fag end of a too long BBL tournament - the overhyped AFLX and the AFLW and golf - don't cut it for me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2019
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:37 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 20989
Location: Kaloyasena
Have had enough of Kelli Underwood’s biased commentary.

Our player gets slung in a tackle and “we’re playing for a free kick” - as soon as an Adelaide player is tackled she can’t wsit to call the free kick against us.

:roll:

_________________
I BELIEVE we need to invest in more concrete and spend less on wallpaper


"Hence you will not say that Greeks fight like heroes but that heroes fight like Greeks"?

Winston Churchill



Too much Sugar and too much Bleach is very very boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group