Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Martin Pakula
‏Verified account @MartinPakulaMP
1m1 minute ago

Wonderful news for @CarltonFC with $20m in the upcoming State Budget toward the redevelopment of Ikon Park. Carna Blues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:49 am 
John Nicholls

Would love to see some details around what we've committed to doing with it. Lights almost certainly... an increase in capacity?

Are we prohibited in any way from any of this money going towards improving our training facilities for both men and women?

Hope to see a statement from our CEO around this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

robertbb wrote:
Would love to see some details around what we've committed to doing with it. Lights almost certainly... an increase in capacity?

Are we prohibited in any way from any of this money going towards improving our training facilities for both men and women?

Hope to see a statement from our CEO around this.

E-mail from MLG below:

We are delighted to inform you that the Victorian State Government will be committing $20M to the redevelopment of Ikon Park.

As part of the Budget package that allows the upgrade of facilities at suburban grounds and local clubs, we welcome the Andrews Government commitment to Ikon Park as the home of AFLW and the long-term home of the Carlton Football Club.

We are incredibly appreciative of the investment that will see a state-of-the-art facility developed at our iconic ground. The Premier Daniel Andrews and his government must be applauded for their investment in Ikon Park and our football club.

As part of the Masterplan, the stands in the south west corner of Ikon Park will be demolished to make way for new training facilities, an education hub and an administration area to cater for the expansion and growth of female football, the broader Carlton Football Club and the wider football community.

Our AFLW players will have access to facilities that are equitable with the facilities that our AFL players have access to, and that is something we are very proud of being able to deliver.

In addition, the State Government support ensures that the premium AFLW games held each season, whether that be the season opener or the grand final, will be played at a facility that will help improve the fan experience and take the women’s game to a whole new level for our players, coaches and fans.

As is also the case with these major re-developments of club facilities, Carlton Football Club will also be contributing to the funding and we look forward to sharing our capital raising plans with our members and key partners.

We also acknowledge the State Government funding is contingent upon Federal Government investment and we will continue to work with the Federal Government to ensure the entire project is delivered.

Once again, we must thank the Victorian Government, Gillon McLachlan and his team at the AFL and the AFL Commission for confirming their belief in our vision for Ikon Park.

We will keep you informed of any further developments.

Go Blues!

Mark LoGiudice
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:55 pm 
Robert Walls

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-0 ... -20m-boost

Post subject: Carlton's home: the 'G
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:13 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Absolute joke. So many other sports more worthy of receiving this money.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Quote:
As part of the Masterplan, the stands in the south west corner of Ikon Park will be demolished to make way for new training facilities

By my calculations, the south west corner would be the Pratt Stand. Surely the Gardiner stand would be a far more suitable candidate for demolition.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stands in the South/West Corner is code for the “Pratt Stand” in case anyone was wondering.

Pretty sure the Gardiner Stand is heritage listed and untouchable.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:31 pm 
Wayne Johnston

kingkerna wrote:

Life is so unfair, I’m just happy it went to Carlton instead of some club of drug cheats...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:56 pm 
John Nicholls

Well, if it's gonna go to an AFL club, might as well be us!

Hopefully our team development/training won't be affected by construction, etc.

Education hub sounds interesting, in particular given our expanded partnership with La Trobe:

"Offering more sport-related courses than any other university in the country, La Trobe University will be Carlton’s exclusive Higher Education partner and assist in the development of a full education suite with the Blues over the coming years through a Sports Development Institute to be located at Ikon Park, Carlton’s AFL and AFLW home.

Carlton and La Trobe established their partnership in 2016 with a mutual commitment to enhance education and community outcomes in Melbourne’s North, and La Trobe students will continue to benefit from exclusive work placements across the Club."

I like where this is all going. Would be awesome if we could develop some public facilities too (pool, gym, etc.) and create a bit of a health/welness precinct. Aligns well with our "mens sana in corpore sano" motto.

Go baggers!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
Stands in the South/West Corner is code for the “Pratt Stand” in case anyone was wondering.

Pretty sure the Gardiner Stand is heritage listed and untouchable.

Man, how good are media releases. The amount of shit you can try and bury while technically providing the correct information is awesome.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Surrey....your thoughts? :lol:

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:26 pm 
Horrie Clover

Blue Vain wrote:
Quote:
As part of the Masterplan, the stands in the south west corner of Ikon Park will be demolished to make way for new training facilities

By my calculations, the south west corner would be the Pratt Stand. Surely the Gardiner stand would be a far more suitable candidate for demolition.

The Gardiner Stand is listed as Victorian Heritage, it's not going anywhere.

It will look beautiful fully restored. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

johnny wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Quote:

The Gardiner Stand is listed as Victorian Heritage, it's not going anywhere.

It will look beautiful fully restored. :thumbsup:
Somebody hasn't done the 'Ghosts of PP' tour :wink:

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

kingkerna wrote:

I assume the moneys going to the afl, as opposed to other sports, because it’s a decent return on the governments investment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Surrey....your thoughts? :lol:

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

1. I find it astonishing that the council and locals have allowed this to occur... :roll:
2. Hope that CFC board are working on a long term plan, other than AFLW. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

I doubt it. If 20 mil is going to things like training facilities, community hub etc, & not seats...it doesn't auger well for a return to the past

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
I doubt it. If 20 mil is going to things like training facilities, community hub etc, & not seats...it doesn't auger well for a return to the past

We need Fraser Brown and the Grollos to match it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 pm 
Geoff Southby

I’m just happy there’ll still be some sort of heart beat at the ground for years to come, and not just continue to have it being used as a training venue with the surrounding stands abandoned, dirty and rotting away.
Do people honestly expect that the AFL, now that they’ve got control of Etihad Stadium, would ever see fit to build up another ground in Melbourne to take games away from ‘their’ ground. Won’t happen.
AFLW, VFLW, Pre Season games and VFL games at Princes Park will probably be it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

.. and TAC Finals.
The ground will need to hold 15-20 k SAFELY and up to a Standard.... It can then be used for anything...

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:13 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Ikon Park set for $15m upgrade boost from Canberra
Matt Thompson
Feb 5, 2019 9:28AM
Ikon Park and its precinct will receive a major upgrade to its facilities - AFL,Ikon Park,Exclusive
Ikon Park and its precinct will receive a major upgrade to its facilities
Related

Who will get a Fantasy scoring boost thanks to new rules?

CARLTON'S Ikon Park upgrade is set to be supercharged thanks to $15 million about to be pledged by the Federal Government.

The announcement from Treasurer Josh Frydenberg is expected to coincide with Carlton's first AFLW home game for the season against Adelaide on Sunday.

The $15 million is on top of $20 million pledged by the Victorian Government in the lead up to last year's state election.

Those funds were contingent on the federal government also coming to the party.

PLAY AFL FANTASY Make your team now

State-of-the-art facilities to make Ikon Park the home of women's football top the list of priorities, as well as major improvements to the lighting and surface.

Other improvements are expected to the grandstands and broader precinct to bring the dilapidated spectator facilities up to a standard acceptable to modern fans.

Just one night game has been scheduled for this year's AFLW season at Ikon Park, which follows last year's farcical problems with lighting.

FULL FIXTURE Every round, every game

The venue hosted the historic opening game of AFLW in 2017, attracting a lock-out crowd of more than 25,000 fans.

Depending on how the upgrade plays out, it could reignite the debate about suburban grounds being used for lower-drawing AFL-level games in the future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next