Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/12/24/ ... e-in-2019/
Quote:
2. Brendon Bolton – Carlton

Not many coaches in this league survive a coaching record that boasts just 15 wins from three seasons.

Coming off a shocking two-win season in 2018, the Carlton board has backed in Bolton as their man.

Their faith will be truly tested if the Blues don’t show significant improvement next season and return a win column that shows at least 7-8 wins in 2019.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/12/24/ ... e-in-2019/
Objective piece.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:00 pm 
Ken Hands

Yep although I’d think 8 wins would be pretty optimistic. Game style almost as important. A year like the Lions just had wouldn’t be a disaster in my eyes, even though they only won 5 games.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Bolton's BBQ meetings

https://outline.com/M6MdEt

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... db39c583e1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:50 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

buzzaaaah wrote:

Thanks for he insight Buzza :thumbsup:

I can smell what the coach is cooking. :smoking:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

"They are probably not talking about stoppages or kick-ins. It’s words like caring, considerate, empathetic."

Anyone else bothered by this? How about we let the women worry about empathy, it is the most overrated virtue. If you can even call it that.
Are we raising child-care workers or footballers?
I really fear for this generation and our club, I'm convinced millennial men will be the lactating soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Covering yourself in glory today smiffy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:45 pm 
John Nicholls

bluegirl72 wrote:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:

And this is news because...? :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

Thanks for he insight Buzza :thumbsup:

I can smell what the coach is cooking. :smoking:

And I don't like it...

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

To the critics, it is not an either/or.
It is possible, say, for people to have a few players over for a BBQ where they make a deeper connection AND then still push them hard on the track or he field.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:00 pm 
Ken Hands

No, no you’re wrong, milk will start flowing from their nipples if there’s any more of this malarkey.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ferdinand wrote:
No, no you’re wrong, milk will start flowing from their nipples if there’s any more of this malarkey.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 am 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
"They are probably not talking about stoppages or kick-ins. It’s words like caring, considerate, empathetic."

Anyone else bothered by this? How about we let the women worry about empathy, it is the most overrated virtue. If you can even call it that.
I really fear for this generation and our club, I'm convinced millennial men will be the lactating soon.

Do you prefer the rah rah stuff they still do in the USA where players smack each other across the face and bash their foreheads together to show how tough they are before they run out?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:28 am 
Vale 1953-2020

smithy wrote:

Please keep your fantasisation to yourself. Lactating men!! The things that occupy your mind! Sheesh.
#anothercreepyposter

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:55 am 
Harry Vallence

"FYI, unlikely Lynch will be ready for round 1.
Source: Jack Riewoldt at the Hallam pub last week basically said as much without saying it.
He's going fine and they have him for years he said, they aren't going to rush him in to round 1 against Carlton. Then joked and said he (Jack himself) probably wouldn't even need to play until round 2 against Collingwood."

I'm just gonna leave this here for now, see if this can stir something other than empathy, kindness and estrogen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:32 am 
John Nicholls

It appears that Bolton is building an impressive culture and this is a strength of his. The list is building in quality and skill. However, the next step is to find out how good is Bolton on game day. He has been hamstrung with injuries and unavailability so far, but CFC is getting to the stage now where we need to see some tangible evidence of improvement on game day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

smithy wrote:

The days of players being at the club Tuesday and Thursday arvos for 2 hours of training, pies, smoko and beer, followed by a game on Saturday and catch up for run or a spa on Sunday morning followed by World of Sport are gone.

For AFL footballers its a 7 day a week job. With that comes other new age activities such as pilates, sports psychologist, individual programs, dieticians.....only benefits the players

If you deeply care for your team mate you will show that on the field.
I remember the days when a best mate would get clobbered on the field and I wouldn't hesitate to seek revenge for my est mate.
Imagine with a bit of empathy you displayed that sort of loyalty for all your team mates, not just a few besties. Special.

I love the new Carlton and the brotherhood Bolts has created.

The stronger and fitter the young fellas get the more we will see the benefits on field.

furthermore these strong relationships will make it difficult to pinch players/ lose players from this unified team. Players wont want to leave, just as did Josh Kennedy for Judd trade. We wont be looking for that sort of trade again.

Its the beginning of the future smithy.
Carlton have moved with the times....thank god for that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

You are awesome Bondi.
Keeping the glass full for us when the going gets rough and it is hard to keep the faith. :thanks:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
You are awesome Bondi.
Keeping the glass full for us when the going gets rough and it is hard ro keep the faith. :thanks:

Geez BG72, I can't see why its hard to keep the faith especially if you believed we needed a real rebuild with class, coz plugging holes, and we had heaps wasn't going to cut it for us.

That's what SOS has done.

We needed class and did that from the get go from 2015 draft with Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cuningham, Silvagni and Plowman, followed by 2016 haul of SPS, Fisher Macreadie, Marchbank, Pickett and Garlett, then in 2017 with Dow, OBrien, Kennedy, DeKoning and Lang and to top it off in 2018 with more first rounders in Walsh Stocker Setterfield and BenSOS and experience of McGovern, Newman and Fasolo.

The above 24 aren't all the recruits but they are all top line prized recruits...enough to make a super team from.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
smithy wrote:

The days of players being at the club Tuesday and Thursday arvos for 2 hours of training, pies, smoko and beer, followed by a game on Saturday and catch up for run or a spa on Sunday morning followed by World of Sport are gone.

For AFL footballers its a 7 day a week job. With that comes other new age activities such as pilates, sports psychologist, individual programs, dieticians.....only benefits the players

If you deeply care for your team mate you will show that on the field.
I remember the days when a best mate would get clobbered on the field and I wouldn't hesitate to seek revenge for my est mate.
Imagine with a bit of empathy you displayed that sort of loyalty for all your team mates, not just a few besties. Special.

I love the new Carlton and the brotherhood Bolts has created.

The stronger and fitter the young fellas get the more we will see the benefits on field.

furthermore these strong relationships will make it difficult to pinch players/ lose players from this unified team. Players wont want to leave, just as did Josh Kennedy for Judd trade. We wont be looking for that sort of trade again.

Its the beginning of the future smithy.
Carlton have moved with the times....thank god for that.

Yeah that's great rhetoric, sounds fantastic. But it doesn't do anything to address my whole point of our players becoming emasculated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246 ... 350  Next