Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

windy wrote:
smithy wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
smithy wrote:
Do you get upset when the Geelong mafia and coach get our players rubbed out? Or when the football media sway public opinion ensuring we don't get a priority pick.
Sometimes defending our interests involves standing up to clubs and institutions that need to pull their own f##### heads in.

I probably don't hang out in the same conspiracy circles as you...but to answer your question...no - I don't get upset at football conspiracy theories.

Hurr durr >call them a conspiracy theorist; the magic words to discredit someone. Doesn't really work anymore I'm afraid.
And if you believe the words from Dangerfield, Chris Scott, Gerard Whately had no bearing in our boy getting rubbed out than you are blind to reality.

So this is reality.

Provide the evidence.

Are you for real? Do you even know what we are talking about?
The new catchcry of the dolt "Provide evidence" "Provide evidence"
Everyone who has a memory longer than a goldfish remembers the campaign by Geelong to get Curnow rubbed out. And the negativity by the media to us getting a P.P
It's not like I'm making it up smh.

Last edited by smithy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

smithy wrote:
windy wrote:
smithy wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
smithy wrote:
Do you get upset when the Geelong mafia and coach get our players rubbed out? Or when the football media sway public opinion ensuring we don't get a priority pick.
Sometimes defending our interests involves standing up to clubs and institutions that need to pull their own f##### heads in.

I probably don't hang out in the same conspiracy circles as you...but to answer your question...no - I don't get upset at football conspiracy theories.

Hurr durr >call them a conspiracy theorist; the magic words to discredit someone. Doesn't really work anymore I'm afraid.
And if you believe the words from Dangerfield, Chris Scott, Gerard Whately had no bearing in our boy getting rubbed out than you are blind to reality.

So this is reality.

Provide the evidence.

Everyone who has a memory longer than a goldfish remembers the campaign by Geelong to get Curnow rubbed out. And the negativity by the media to us getting a P.P

I know what you are saying smithy. I don't agree with all your opinions but this one I cannot pretend didn't happen.

Gerard Wheately blatantly went on the attack to pressure the AFL to overthrow Christian's findings of both Curnows found not guilty. He wanted BOTH Curnows rubbed out because he felt Hawkins got hard done by. It was on Foxtel. Live. 360 was the show. easy to find. No conspiracy there. Agenda? For sure. Vendetta? maybe.

The media (HS come to mind) quoted that some other club Presidents were unhappy with the AFL if they were serious about giving Carlton a priority pick. That was after the AFL fielded the idea that Carlton haven't asked for a Priority Pick and wouldn't receive one if they didn't ask for one. Positioning that statement as if it was due process to ask for a PP when in fact there wasn't such a precedent.

We got shafted by the "Geelong Mafia", apt name given to Scott, Wheately and Dangerfield lobbying against Carlton in the media.

We got shafted with the priority pick which was "fielded" by the AFL trying to determine whether we should for given a PP as early as Pick 1 OR 3, OR mid range 12-13 OR at the end of First round. In the end, the Presidents and all the other Carlton haters got their way and Carlton didn't get a Priority Pick as we know them, but a free hit in the VFL. I was in Melbourne at the time and it was all over the media (TV, Paper and Radio).

Thanks for reminding us smithy.

Bottom line is who cares about the Geelong Mafia, the Media or the anti Carlton cartel in the AFL? I don't, but I do remember. Always remember your enemies.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:
GWS wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Liddle, Carlton is going to be reamed by the AFL on funding, dividends etc (eg why was Carlton’s dividend one of the lowest in league-alongside Richmond-in the very year they won the premiership???) are you trading on what Carlton was like 30 years ago?? What are you doing about it?

Get on the front foot. If this club is going to be anchored to the bottom at least go down swinging. For example, today I read that “Hawks in Tasmania for keeps”

Your role is to fight this AFL endorsed gravy train. The AFL enabled them to rort $35 million out of Tasmania. It is your role Liddle to fight the powers that be. Stop the Hawthorn gravy train. Keep the pressure up. Be combative.

“We believe the current model works well.” Said Hawthorn executive Reeves. I bet you do. AFL should cut their dividend to the bones. Make that point Liddle.

If I threw you into a vat of a million rose petals and a single stinking dog turd I reckon it's odds on that you'd emerge with that stinking turd firmly clenched between your teeth.

The difference between me an you, GWS is that you’re a status quo type of guy. Accept your lot in life. Carlton should likewise accept their lot in the AFL hierarchy. Let Hawthorn get their millions on the back of an AFL endorsed policy.

You accept injustice, I want fighters for the Carlton brand. Your “accept the status quo” has netted Carlton plenty of wooden spoons. You and your vat of flowers. You can swim in it, son. Stir it with your spoons.

Despite massive advances by the club over the last few years all you manage to post in here is scared little victim shit on a daily basis.

Is everything perfect?

No.

Is it a hell of a lot better than it was?

Yes.

Is that because you’ve spent hundreds of hours squealing like a little bitch on a footy forum?

No.

It happened because a group of people who care about the club got involved and started putting better processes in place.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
smithy wrote:
windy wrote:
smithy wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

So this is reality.

Provide the evidence.

I know what you are saying smithy. I don't agree with all your opinions but this one I cannot pretend didn't happen.

Gerard Wheately blatantly went on the attack to pressure the AFL to overthrow Christian's findings of both Curnows found not guilty. He wanted BOTH Curnows rubbed out because he felt Hawkins got hard done by. It was on Foxtel. Live. 360 was the show. easy to find. No conspiracy there. Agenda? For sure. Vendetta? maybe.

The media (HS come to mind) quoted that some other club Presidents were unhappy with the AFL if they were serious about giving Carlton a priority pick. That was after the AFL fielded the idea that Carlton haven't asked for a Priority Pick and wouldn't receive one if they didn't ask for one. Positioning that statement as if it was due process to ask for a PP when in fact there wasn't such a precedent.

We got shafted by the "Geelong Mafia", apt name given to Scott, Wheately and Dangerfield lobbying against Carlton in the media.

We got shafted with the priority pick which was "fielded" by the AFL trying to determine whether we should for given a PP as early as Pick 1 OR 3, OR mid range 12-13 OR at the end of First round. In the end, the Presidents and all the other Carlton haters got their way and Carlton didn't get a Priority Pick as we know them, but a free hit in the VFL. I was in Melbourne at the time and it was all over the media (TV, Paper and Radio).

Thanks for reminding us smithy.

Bottom line is who cares about the Geelong Mafia, the Media or the anti Carlton cartel in the AFL? I don't, but I do remember. Always remember your enemies.

Thankyou, that's all I was trying to say.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:17 am 
Rod Ashman

GWS wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
GWS wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Liddle, Carlton is going to be reamed by the AFL on funding, dividends etc (eg why was Carlton’s dividend one of the lowest in league-alongside Richmond-in the very year they won the premiership???) are you trading on what Carlton was like 30 years ago?? What are you doing about it?

Get on the front foot. If this club is going to be anchored to the bottom at least go down swinging. For example, today I read that “Hawks in Tasmania for keeps”

Your role is to fight this AFL endorsed gravy train. The AFL enabled them to rort $35 million out of Tasmania. It is your role Liddle to fight the powers that be. Stop the Hawthorn gravy train. Keep the pressure up. Be combative.

“We believe the current model works well.” Said Hawthorn executive Reeves. I bet you do. AFL should cut their dividend to the bones. Make that point Liddle.

If I threw you into a vat of a million rose petals and a single stinking dog turd I reckon it's odds on that you'd emerge with that stinking turd firmly clenched between your teeth.

The difference between me an you, GWS is that you’re a status quo type of guy. Accept your lot in life. Carlton should likewise accept their lot in the AFL hierarchy. Let Hawthorn get their millions on the back of an AFL endorsed policy.

You accept injustice, I want fighters for the Carlton brand. Your “accept the status quo” has netted Carlton plenty of wooden spoons. You and your vat of flowers. You can swim in it, son. Stir it with your spoons.

Despite massive advances by the club over the last few years all you manage to post in here is scared little victim shit on a daily basis.

Is everything perfect?

No.

Is it a hell of a lot better than it was?

Yes.

Is that because you’ve spent hundreds of hours squealing like a little bitch on a footy forum?

No.

It happened because a group of people who care about the club got involved and started putting better processes in place.

I think for all concerned there is a level of vitriol and animus that you have towards me and my posts that is unhealthy on this website. The words you use such as "little bitch" etc I don't think improve dialogue. It is up to you, but my suggestion for you is to stop commenting on my posts. I have no need to comment on yours.

re: your points.
In between your anger, your point is you see progression, you are happy with the 4th, 6th, 9th, 12th? etc wooden spoon as long as Carlton is "moving forward". Carlton has an AFLW team, increased membership, an improved website, better financials, a new stadium deal....to all of that I say a big whooopeee! I'm celebrating in the street right now..

This industry is a results based industry. I don't know if you follow college football, but Georgia missed out on the top 4 playoffs. Clearly they are a top 4 team in talent, but a loss is a loss that is a loss. They lost twice, they're out. Wins and losses = what all sport is about in the end. Yes, there are moments of courage, inspiration even in defeat, but even after those moments the bean counters go back to wins vs losses.

You also believe that Carlton is an island, Carlton is not in a competition, it should get its own house in order and not call out "irregularities" in the way the comp. is run. Keep your head down, don't make waves. Mmmm. Let's contrast that to Eddie McGuire and Collingwood- they fought city hall and did it publicly on the whole cost of living debacle in Sydney, Brisbane, which kindly helped to net them premierships. And they got results. Collingwood acts like a big club, they make comments in the media etc that keep them relevant. Carlton isn't relevant.

You want Carlton to be like Oliver "please, sir, I would like some more" as they put their wooden bowl (with their wooden spoons) out at giant orphans' hall to get a second serving of soup. Please AFL, please Gill, we'll play in Tasmania for you, please give us an extra game at the MCG".

Well my attitude is different. No more begging. No more prostrating oneself at the AFL overlords. It has been proven consistently that their interests lie elsewhere.

Carlton, in my opinion, (no doubt as you're a half glass full type of guy, full of positivity etc will see it differently) was last relevant in 2000. Got to a preliminary. My original point was that I want Liddle to get in the media, start calling out things, start making waves....or maybe it is best that Carlton just remains the Oliver of the competition. "Please sir, can I have some more soup with my new wooden spoon".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Is this the most boring forum fight of all time

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Uncle Zel wrote:

Yep...and to make matters worse it's in the wrong thread and about a decade too late.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Uncle Zel wrote:

Yes.

I was going to respond but I lost interest.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

That's because you're too busy eating your soup you AFL cuck GWS.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:19 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-12-21/doors-open-at-ikon-park-in-2019

Liddle and Lloyd a breath of fresh air.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:

Listening is an underrated skill.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

Seriously, was it really that @#$%&! hard?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Long overdue. But brilliant result nonetheless. :thumbsup:

Terrific leadership (presumably from Liddle and Lloyd).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

A couple of articles today in the Herald Sun.

I don't have the skill to link so someone else may be able to but these are the main messages.

Quote:
Women’s footy kicks $15m goal
TOM MINEAR
STATE POLITICAL REPORTER

A MAJOR redevelopment of Carlton’s home ground has received a $15 million boost from the federal government.

The funding boost, to be announced today, means $40 million is now pledged to upgrade Ikon Park and turn it into Victoria’s home of AFLW.

The project includes an AFLW high-performance training facility, an injury prevention and research centre and an education hub to help more women become football coaches.

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said the new-look Ikon Park would open up more pathways for female athletes to reach the top level.

“It is so important for our elite female athletes to have access to purpose-built highperformance facilities to develop their full potential as champion athletes,” Mr Frydenberg said.

Minister for Women Kelly O’Dwyer said: “Our AFLW players are role models for the next generation of girls. It’s vital that they have the professional facilities to match their status as star athletes.”

The federal grant follows a $20 million contribution from the state government last year.

Quote:
THE federal government’s planned multimillion-dollar upgrade of Ikon Park is a huge bonus for women’s sport in Melbourne.

Not only will AFLW be based there, but so will netball. And the development will include a huge underground carpark in keeping with the council’s demands that there be no loss of open space.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-0 ... VzUOtcV_as

Amazing. :lol:

A Carlton website, the State and Federal governments have committed a combined $35m on Princes Park including an underground carpark.
And the only contributions on the site are the usual bitching and moaning in the Trump thread.
What a pathetic @#$%&! joke.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain, the place has been “tidied up” there’s no one here .

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If the LNP lose does the funding from the feds go too?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

It’s great news.

Oh and the government funding is also great. :lol:

Make sense and not only great for the club but great for football.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
If the LNP lose does the funding from the feds go too?
It was announced a few days back I have been sitting back waiting for Bill to say that this money should go to Essendon*.
Who I might add are getting funding for the hangar as well

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

This is a significant result for the club. Credit to all involved. This isn’t just a facility upgrade, it’s a sign of our home ground being a home for AFLW and women’s sport overall. No matter your opinion on AFLW as a product, this can only be a good thing for the ongoing commitment to maintaining elite facilities at Princes Park

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 41  Next