Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Braithy wrote:
Megaman wrote:
dane wrote:
Jez1966 wrote:
what ever happened to "Melvey"? Has he been reincarnated?
He posts as Megaman.

No, that's braithy.
I'm hotcox

braithy loves hot cocks. wait, what?

The most offensive word in that whole exchange was melvey...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:53 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-11-02/liddle-on-preparations-for-2019

Good interview. Liked the bit re Pickett. :thumbsup:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-11-02/liddle-ahead-of-draft

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

Little is going OK................not an overnight sensation,more of a slowly but surely getting that little bit better.Growing in the job as they say.I'm prepared to give him a fair go.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

That would be LIDDLE..........sorry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

He's been a lot more visible of late.
Good for him.
Also tracking sensibly without just spewing the usual platitudes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Quote:
FROM THE CEO'S DESK

With four weeks of training to go until Christmas, I wanted to provide one final update for members before the new year.

Both our AFL and our AFLW staff have worked overtime throughout the season break and both programs already look significantly different from their 2018 respective versions.

The winds of change through our AFL program started with the appointment of our new Head of Football, Brad Lloyd, who commenced in his role the week of Round 23. Brad’s appointment was closely followed by the announcement of new Captains for the 2019 season, with Patrick Cripps and Sam Docherty taking over the reins as the first joint Captains in the Club’s 154-year history. Confidence in our Club continued to rise with Mitch McGovern, Will Setterfield, Alex Fasolo and Nic Newman all rejecting offers from other clubs in preference of joining Carlton through the trade period.

Our search for a new Director of High Performance saw us secure the services of highly regarded Andrew Russell. Andrew (Jack) Russell is universally respected as one of the game’s best coaches and mentors of high performance. He arrives at a critical time in the development of our emerging list.

The Draft saw us select midfield jet Sam Walsh as the number one pick. Our midfield depth was also further improved as our List Management team capitalised on the AFL’s new rules that enable clubs to trade future selections on draft night, by selecting Morrish Medallist, Liam Stocker, with an additional first round draft pick (19) that was secured on the night. Day two saw the Blues welcome Finbar O’Dwyer (pick No.66) and Ben Silvagni (pick No. 70) to Ikon Park, along with Hugh Goddard and Tomas Bugg, who were taken with pick 1 and 18 respectively in the Rookie Draft.

There are always high levels of risk when it comes to trading and drafting. What our members can be confident of is that our List Management team of Stephen Silvagni, Mick Agresta and Paul Brodie, overseen by Head of Football, Brad Lloyd, did an enormous amount of preparation leading into the Draft. They saw an opportunity on Draft night and they had the full support of the Club to seize that opportunity and take whatever action they deemed necessary to improve our list, and put us in the best position to deliver members our 17th Premiership.

When our new additions are added to the likes of Sam Docherty, Tom Williamson, David Cunningham, Harrison Macreadie and Jared Pickett all coming off long term injuries in 2018, our list certainly looks improved. We have an exciting group of emerging talent and 2019 is about commencing phase two of our plan, as we grow together and launch this Club into its next era of success.

We have also finalised our AFLW coaching panel for next season, with Brad Fisher and Steven Salopek signing on as Assistant Coaches for the Club’s 2019 campaign.

Under the leadership of Senior Coach Daniel Harford, the pair joins Senior Assistant Shannon McFerran who has transitioned to the AFLW program after coaching the Club’s inaugural VFLW side this year.

Recording 99 games for the Blues between 2003 and 2010, Brad Fisher returns to Ikon Park in a new capacity, ready to take the reins of the team’s forward line.

Salopek played 121 games for Port Adelaide across nine seasons and appeared in two finals series, including the 2007 grand final. Since retiring, Salopek has remained involved in the football community, coaching and developing young talent alongside Harford at St Kevin’s College. The 33-year-old has been assigned to the Blues’ backline and will give guidance to Captain Bri Davey, Gab Pound and new draftee Jayde Van Dyk.

Off field, confidence in our Club continues to grow with Carlton supporters joining as members in un-precedented pre-Christmas numbers. As we approach the end of November, we are almost 5,000 members ahead of the same time last year and well on track to sign 60,000 members for the first time in the Club’s history. Outside of improving our football programs, growing our membership is the most important priority for our Club.

Membership growth campaigns are anchored in strong retention and we sincerely thank all our members who have already renewed their membership. In doing so, these members have been provided with a complimentary upgrade for 2019. Our Club's Biggest #BoundByBlue Thank You membership upgrade campaign positions us as industry leaders in membership servicing, as we look to harness the power of the Carlton supporter base to continue to grow our membership.

Our Carlton IN Business program continues to go from strength to strength, and we’re proud to now have 105 Carlton IN Business members committed to the Club nationally.

We are also in the final stages of our negotiation with the MCC on a new five-year tenancy agreement to play a minimum of five home games each season at the MCG. Stuart Fox and his team at the MCC have been very supportive of Carlton throughout the negotiation, and our long-term deal at the MCG should see the Club achieve a significant financial outcome each season. Crowd bonus opportunities have also been increased, making it more important than ever that we increase our crowds at home games.

The Carlton Football Club’s Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) has also recently been through its final stages of drafting with Reconciliation Australia, internal and external stakeholders. Reconciliation Australia has now given us an official endorsement to begin acting upon committed actions. This is a meaningful occasion for the Club and our RAP outlines our plans to promote reconciliation both internally and also across the communities that we operate within. Our RAP will be launched publicly in the near future and we look forward to sharing our plans with our members.

Our brand new Carlton College of Sport initiative, in partnership with La Trobe University, is also coming along well. We already have almost 50 students enrolled into our Diploma of Sport Development & Coaching, a 12-month program that will be located at Ikon Park. Student numbers are capped at 100 for the first year and we have one final open day in 2018 for prospective 2019 students.

The program is ideal for students finishing year 12, or for those wanting to transfer into a course that provides a pathway into a career in sport. Chris Judd, Bri Davey and Stephen Silvagni will all present to Carlton College of Sport students about their experiences in sport. To hear from Stephen Silvagni about his role as a program presenter, take a look at this short video. Or to register to attend the final open day for 2018 on Thursday 20 December, leave your details here. Note that the final open day will coincide with an open training session for our AFL squad.

With regards to the Ikon Park Masterplan, our $20m funding agreement with the Victorian State Government has been signed off and we continue to work closely with the Federal Government to provide further support to our aspirations to ensure that our AFLW facilities are the equal of our AFL facilities. We are also in planning for a major fundraising program that will see significant upgrades to our AFL facilities to complement the funding that has been made available to improve our AFLW facilities. Members will hear more about these plans in 2019.

2019 will also see the launch of our updated “Blueprint”, our Club strategy for the next five years. The Board and management have been working hard on the development of our strategic priorities and 10 key targets which we will hold ourselves accountable to as we look forward five years to 2023.

As we wind down for 2018, President Mark LoGiudice and I would like to take the opportunity to wish all our members a happy and successful 2019. Thank you once again for your support throughout season 2018, we exist for, and because of, our members and we sincerely appreciate your commitment.

Regards,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Liddle's letter to members.

Long letter, but then again, there's a lot of great stuff gong on at Princes Park.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:37 am 
Rod Ashman

Liddle, Carlton is going to be reamed by the AFL on funding, dividends etc (eg why was Carlton’s dividend one of the lowest in league-alongside Richmond-in the very year they won the premiership???) are you trading on what Carlton was like 30 years ago?? What are you doing about it?

Get on the front foot. If this club is going to be anchored to the bottom at least go down swinging. For example, today I read that “Hawks in Tasmania for keeps”

Your role is to fight this AFL endorsed gravy train. The AFL enabled them to rort $35 million out of Tasmania. It is your role Liddle to fight the powers that be. Stop the Hawthorn gravy train. Keep the pressure up. Be combative.

“We believe the current model works well.” Said Hawthorn executive Reeves. I bet you do. AFL should cut their dividend to the bones. Make that point Liddle.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:51 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:
Liddle, Carlton is going to be reamed by the AFL on funding, dividends etc (eg why was Carlton’s dividend one of the lowest in league-alongside Richmond-in the very year they won the premiership???) are you trading on what Carlton was like 30 years ago?? What are you doing about it?

Get on the front foot. If this club is going to be anchored to the bottom at least go down swinging. For example, today I read that “Hawks in Tasmania for keeps”

Your role is to fight this AFL endorsed gravy train. The AFL enabled them to rort $35 million out of Tasmania. It is your role Liddle to fight the powers that be. Stop the Hawthorn gravy train. Keep the pressure up. Be combative.

“We believe the current model works well.” Said Hawthorn executive Reeves. I bet you do. AFL should cut their dividend to the bones. Make that point Liddle.

If I threw you into a vat of a million rose petals and a single stinking dog turd I reckon it's odds on that you'd emerge with that stinking turd firmly clenched between your teeth.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

tap in 79 wrote:

how do you think your monologue when over at the members' forum?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:47 pm 
John James

I thought the dividend each club gets is tied to revenue. I assume that our many pokies push our revenue much higher. Therefore we usually pay the 'wealth tax', instead of getting a dividend or less of a dividend than many others.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:

I don't want the CEO of my club caught up in what Hawthorn does or doesn't do. He's there to look after Carlton interests. So far, so good. The President can put our club position forward on Hawthorn matters. Highly unlikely he will, but you're barking up the wrong thread nevertheless.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

DocSherrin III wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:

I don't want the CEO of my club caught up in what Hawthorn does or doesn't do. He's there to look after Carlton interests. So far, so good. The President can put our club position forward on Hawthorn matters. Highly unlikely he will, but you're barking up the wrong thread nevertheless.

Do you get upset when the Geelong mafia and coach get our players rubbed out? Or when the football media sway public opinion ensuring we don't get a priority pick.
Sometimes defending our interests involves standing up to clubs and institutions that need to pull their own f##### heads in.

Seems to me other clubs have no problem in being overtly hostile to Carlton interests, with Hawthorn and Clarkson being at the front of the queue.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:42 pm 
John Nicholls

smithy wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:

Do you get upset when the Geelong mafia and coach get our players rubbed out? Or when the football media sway public opinion ensuring we don't get a priority pick.
Sometimes defending our interests involves standing up to clubs and institutions that need to pull their own f##### heads in.

Seems to me other clubs have no problem in being overtly hostile to Carlton interests, with Hawthorn and Clarkson being at the front of the queue.

But now we have Russell :smoking:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:

I probably don't hang out in the same conspiracy circles as you...but to answer your question...no - I don't get upset at football conspiracy theories.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:17 am 
Harry Vallence

DocSherrin III wrote:
smithy wrote:

I probably don't hang out in the same conspiracy circles as you...but to answer your question...no - I don't get upset at football conspiracy theories.

Hurr durr >call them a conspiracy theorist; the magic words to discredit someone. Doesn't really work anymore I'm afraid.
And if you believe the words from Dangerfield, Chris Scott, Gerard Whately had no bearing in our boy getting rubbed out than you are blind to reality.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:35 am 
John James

smithy wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
smithy wrote:

Hurr durr >call them a conspiracy theorist; the magic words to discredit someone. Doesn't really work anymore I'm afraid.
And if you believe the words from Dangerfield, Chris Scott, Gerard Whately had no bearing in our boy getting rubbed out than you are blind to reality.

So this is reality.

Provide the evidence.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:58 am 
Rod Ashman

GWS wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:

If I threw you into a vat of a million rose petals and a single stinking dog turd I reckon it's odds on that you'd emerge with that stinking turd firmly clenched between your teeth.

The difference between me an you, GWS is that you’re a status quo type of guy. Accept your lot in life. Carlton should likewise accept their lot in the AFL hierarchy. Let Hawthorn get their millions on the back of an AFL endorsed policy.

You accept injustice, I want fighters for the Carlton brand. Your “accept the status quo” has netted Carlton plenty of wooden spoons. You and your vat of flowers. You can swim in it, son. Stir it with your spoons.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:
Stir it with your spoons.

I don't think GWS is allowed to advertise on here, thoughtful an idea though it was...was it the danish, italian or japanese spoons you were after?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 41  Next