Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:33 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

kezza wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Okay now what? Any spots left on the list? How many rookie spots need filling ?

Regards Cazzesman

Our senior list is full and SOS was on radio earlier and said we will use 2 picks in the rookie draft later today.
We will leave one spot for next year's mid-season rookie draft.
He said he thinks both players should still be available at our picks. I guess with pick 1 he means our next pick we should get who we want.

updated OP - viewtopic.php?p=1923875#p1923875

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:26 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

So...

Out - Lamb, Rowe, Graham, Kerridge, Wright, Byrne, McDaid, JGM, O'Shea, Shaw, A Silvagni,

In - Walsh, Stocker, O'Dwyer, B Silvagni, McGovern, Setterfield, Fasolo, Newman, Owies, Goddard, Bugg

I give SOS and his crew a big :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqTOX-Ywbpo

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

I thought Lamb was a bit stiff to miss out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rexy wrote:
So...

Out - Lamb, Rowe, Graham, Kerridge, Wright, Byrne, McDaid, JGM, O'Shea, Shaw, A Silvagni,

In - Walsh, Stocker, O'Dwyer, B Silvagni, McGovern, Setterfield, Fasolo, Newman, Owies, Goddard, Bugg

For the first time in a few years, there’s nobody on the Out list who you’d say is a significant loss for us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:52 pm 
Robert Walls

Agreed. I also feel a little sorry for Lamb, but I hope he sticks around at Preston.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

aboynamedsue wrote:
Rexy wrote:
So...

For the first time in a few years, there’s nobody on the Out list who you’d say is a significant loss for us.

Depends on your idea of significant. Wright and Byrne were best 22 IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechampion wrote:
Agreed. I also feel a little sorry for Lamb, but I hope he sticks fat around at Preston.

EFA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
So...

Me too.

Fasolo > Lamb ? Fasolo at his best is better than Lamb at his best. Consistency will be the issue.
O’Dwyer< Rowe (atm) (O’Dwyer was a project pick and we won’t see him any time soon. Newman or McReadie might get this spot in the backline unless we go small.)
Walsh > Graham (direct swap mid for mid)
Stocker > Kerridge (As above. The MC must believe we are going to improve a lot from 18th to have made this trade)
McGovern > Wright (Wright was a big loss for us at 2 goals a game but McGovern will cover him)
Owies < Byrne (atm) (not a direct swap for positions. Byrne could have been anything but he’s gone, Byrne's spot will go to Williamson)
Goddard > JGM (One has played games and one didn’t make it. Goddard is a depth player. Neither in our current best 22)
Bugg > McDaid (One has played, one didn’t make it. Bugg can play. He has to want it.)
Newman > O’Shea (Newman is an interesting one. Is he going to be in the best 22?)
Setterfield > Shaw (not a direct swap for positions but an upgrade on the list)
B. Silvagni < A Silvagni (atm) Ben is a project player and I doubt we will see him next year)

Not all those newbies will play footy next year and we have a host of good players returning from injury to step up.
Walsh, Stocker, McGovern and Fasolo will all possibly play Rd 1 with a few others banging on the door.

I think this has been a good trade and draft period following on from a couple of previous ones.
The ball is in Bolt’s court now.

On another note, someone posted a list with the left footers on it but I can't find it.
We picked up another couple in the draft in Bugg and O'Dwyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

cecil89 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Rexy wrote:
So...

Depends on your idea of significant. Wright and Byrne were best 22 IMO.

Arguably, so was A Silvagni. But I would argue that none of the departures this year should cause us to go backwards in the short term (ie. unlike the short term impact of losing Gibbs, Tuohy etc).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:31 am 
Horrie Clover

On the trading of picks for Stocker , does anyone else see this as a signal that next years first rounder will be traded for a established player?

Very happy with the trade , draft period

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Macfart wrote:
On the trading of picks for Stocker , does anyone else see this as a signal that next years first rounder will be traded for a established player?

Makes it potentially less costly unless we end up having to "buy" back into earlier picks etc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:57 am 
Bruce Doull

Macfart wrote:

It seems to be a pretty popular point of view.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:20 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluechampion wrote:
Agreed. I also feel a little sorry for Lamb, but I hope he sticks around at Preston.

I hope he hangs around at the Northern Blues, and our reserves team doesn't play many games at Preston.
Who would want to play at Preston when we have the best surface in the competition on Royal Pde, where they train.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Macfart wrote:

Yep. 100% imo

We will have some quality picks up for trade which should be enough to Trade in anyone we like,
plus a FA player which costs us nothing.

2019 1st round & 2nd round
2020 1st round & 2nd round

Genuine Superstars, line up now and get ready to come on down.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

Don't think we have a 2nd Rd pick next year

I think we have adelaide's 1st Rd pick
No second Rd pick
Our 3rd and adelaide's 3rd Rd picks
St kilda's 4th Rd pick
Adelaide's 5th Rd pick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:08 pm 
Bob Chitty

What is Agresta's reference to prelisting a player between December 1 and March 15? Is this flagging who you intend to pick up in the midseason draft? How does the prelisting work - does it take them off the table for other clubs? Can you change your mind? What if the guy cops a big injury after being prelisted? Anyone know what this is about?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:50 pm 
Bob Chitty

ianh wrote:
What is Agresta's reference to prelisting a player between December 1 and March 15? Is this flagging who you intend to pick up in the midseason draft? How does the prelisting work - does it take them off the table for other clubs? Can you change your mind? What if the guy cops a big injury after being prelisted? Anyone know what this is about?

Okay, so to answer some of my own questions see http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-04/a ... -for-2019-

In short between Dec 1 and Mar 15 we can finalise our list basiscally adding anyone who has already been through a draft or been on an AFL club list. Then by midseason sometime the league has yet to decide they will assign draft order from last to first as at that point of season 2019 and then those clubs that have a spot (or more than one?) available either by going into the season short on numbers or by shifting retired or LTI players to a new concept called the "Inactive List" get to fill up their lists, again with players who have been through the system and who renominate for the midseason draft. The article talks in terms of adding "a" player so it would appear you can't grab more than one player in the midseason draft even if you have multiple players LTI and/or retired.

The club then has first crack at recontracting the player otherwise they become a delisted free agent.

Post subject: List Management 2019
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:03 pm 
Robert Walls

So I think all the major cutting is done. Now it’s a competition to stay on the list. So who is on the chopping block?
From the youngsters
Pickett
Lang
Polson
Cunningham
Garlett
Jack Silvagni
Phillips
Kerr
Macreadie
LeBois
All have enough talent except for the last two, who I will admit I have seen very little of, so only conjecture on my part. But if any of the above want to stay on the list they will need to show why they deserve to with plenty of improvement and consistency.

Thomas did well to keep on trucking but may retire.
Jones provides a valuable bits part at either end and will likely line up round 1, but might be on the block at the end of the year.
No project ruck so I would say Lobbe will remain into 2020
Casboult is hopefully now just playing if we have injuries. Can’t see him on the list in 2020.
Simmo may retire. Never!
Kruezer’s body will also probably dictate what happens to him year to year now.

There will still be likely 6 or more changes after 2019 season.

For me it will likely be
Thomas
Casboult
Pickett
Lang
Garlett
Kerr

Rookies
LeBois
Goddard
Bugg

Turned over as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

kennyhunter wrote:
Yes, everyone bar the resident pessimist, is worshipping at the feet of SOS.
Rightly so. Time will tell, as always, but his team found a way of getting one more crack at a first round mid - and getting two rated in the top 10 by the club.
Where the two first round picks finish up next year will provide endless forum fodder and media commentary - who won, who won - but it’s immaterial to a degree.
The club has snared the complete midfielder and another bull, who should see seniors action next year. Great characters and natural leaders. And one of them a year early.
Who can’t be excited by that ... AND Setterfield, McGovern, Newman and the Collingwood goal sneak desperate to turn his career around. Plus the basketball project player, just for interest.
And there’s a bit more fun to be had today and another Silvagni for the pessimists to talk down.
After years and years of recruiting incompetence and predictability, SOS and Co are taking us on one hell of a ride.
How refreshing to see Carlton - the club that ignored the draft for so long and had become an industry joke - to be innovative, using the new rules to, hopefully, its advantage and putting its balls on the line.
Love it.

Over to you, Bolts ....

Nice one kenny :thumbsup:

Great characters coming to the club: Culture Club.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next