Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:19 am 
Stephen Kernahan

dane wrote:
Keogh is old and doesn't have much left in the tank. He needs results now!

Tell me about it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:30 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
Franc de Borges wrote:
Staff that remain from 2015:

Players: 9 of 40
Rookies: 0 of 8
Coaches: 1 of 8

You might not like the new building but you can't deny it was rebuilt.

There’s “built” and then there’s “gerrybuilt” - Keogh just wants a proper building inspection done, which is perfectly understandable.

...and can you enlighten him and us how such an inspection is conducted?

I think keogh is venting not inspecting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:44 pm 
Robert Walls

dannyboy wrote:
we're all patients!

patently obvious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:50 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Franc de Borges wrote:

There’s “built” and then there’s “gerrybuilt” - Keogh just wants a proper building inspection done, which is perfectly understandable.

Do we have enough vents to pass Keogh's building inspection?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:51 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Franc de Borges wrote:

Do we have enough vents to pass Keogh's building inspection?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I will suffer no further criticism for posting twice in a row!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:43 am 
Harry Vallence

Rowe for Murdoch anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:04 pm 
Bruce Comben

Geez all you so called experts out there taking a pot shot at Keogh's assessment. which is currently about as accurate as any thing I've read thus far .. Posters should not get personal with an honest assessment & view point that that differ from their own..I believe Keogh's post is a good and thorough analysis of both where the blues current list sits & its recruitment strategy thus far .. Some of you posters need to take the rose colored glasses off & check into hotel reality.. 'Keep up the good and interesting posts Keogh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:55 pm 
John James

We are no more expert than Keogh is.

I'll keep my rose coloured glasses on thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Keogh,a man of independent thought.Good for him........................having said that,i reckon we are travelling reasonably well.We just need a young bloke to burst on the scene and take the competition by storm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/car ... 50fhm.html

Carlton draft lite: Blues set to take as few as three players
By Jake Niall & Michael Gleeson
12 November 2018 — 8:10pm

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Send via Email

Despite earning another wooden spoon Carlton are poised to take as few as three players in this month’s national draft.

The Blues, who have finished 18th, 14th, 16th and 18th in the past four years, have already brought in four players in trades and free agency and therefore – unlike other bottom clubs such as Gold Coast – will not be replenishing as heavily at the draft, which will be held over two days on November 22-23.
Blues list manager Stephen Silvagni.

Blues list manager Stephen Silvagni.Credit:Chris Hopkins

The Blues have the No.1 pick and then late draft picks. With live trading of draft picks for the first time this year, the option remains open to Carlton to trade their first pick, a consideration that has been explored but remains unlikely.

If, as expected, they retain the prized first pick Carlton will either commit to three players in the national draft and four in the rookie draft or four in the national draft and three rookies.
Related Article
Ben Silvagni has a chip on his shoulder
Carlton
Ben Silvagni has a chip on his shoulder

The Blues have long been thought to have earmarked midfielder Sam Walsh as their first selection. That certainty drifted in recent weeks with dynamic South Australian forward Izak Rankine being touted as a serious option.

A trade for pick one would be entertained only if Carlton could secure two top-10 picks, including one high selection, in the exchange. Port Adelaide, Gold Coast and GWS all have multiple early picks.

Port have picks five and 10, which is believed to appeal to the Blues, but with several South Australians likely to go high in the draft, Port may be reluctant to barter. Gold Coast have picks two, three and six and would have to offer at least three and six, but it is believed the Suns will not pull that trigger.

The Giants have picks nine and 11 but that is unlikely to be sufficient to entice Carlton to part with pick one. The Giants had explored bundling their picks to secure an earlier draft pick but are among the clubs more interested in moving up the draft order than trading for later slots.

After pick one Carlton have no selections until picks 69, 71 and 77. They are likely to use one of those picks on father-son nomination Ben Silvagni.

Carlton have already brought in four young but experienced players through trades or free agency who are all ready to step into the team.

The Blues have traded in two players in their early 20s – strong marking key position player Mitch McGovern (24 years) from Adelaide and 20-year-old midfielder Will Setterfield from GWS.

They also added strong-marking mid-sized forward Alex Fasolo (26) as a free agent from Collingwood while defender Nic Newman (25) from Sydney was a late addition at the end of the trade period.

Former St Kilda defender Hugh Goddard, a late first-round pick four years ago, is training with the Blues ahead of the draft and is a chance to be offered a place, possibly late in the draft if not as a rookie selection. The first pick in the rookie draft has become a more valuable selection than late draft picks due to the lower contract terms enabling speculative picks or the best experienced talent to be given a second chance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

ferdinand wrote:
keogh wrote:
This rebuild of the last 3 years isn’t
a rebuild

Wasn't the number 42 players gone in 3 years? Not sure how you can say it's not a rebuild.

No recruiter in history has got everything right, nor even got close. I'd love to see someone do a detailed analysis of the best recruiters, Wells' name often comes up but off the top of my head he's picked Lang and Smedts in the first round and was on record as saying he would have taken Troy Menzel with pick 1 if he had it that year.

Once you've gone at the draft as hard as we have for the last 3 years the crucial ingredient is time. Everyone loves to be first with their assessment, but improvement isn't linear. Tigers were seen as a rabble with a hopeless coach 3 months before they played one of the most dominant finals series we've seen.

Since you mentioned Wells , interesting article on AFL website regarding Geelong recruiting. I would suggest it hasn't be that great.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-13/c ... s-to-draft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Nice little summary of our current list on 3AW Sports Today (at 6pm) with Gerard Healy and their new bloke from Champion Data - Gerard also mentioned a discussion he had with a “disgruntled” Carlton fan earlier today, interesting listening if someone more tech savvy than me can link up the podcast.

What is it they say about one degree of separation.

:razz: :thumbsup: :wink:

Winston Churchill

Last edited by AGRO on Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://omny.fm/shows/3aw-sportsday/sportsday-podcast-november-14

From 14:45

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

AGRO wrote:
Nice little summary of our current list on 3AW Sports Today (at 6pm) with Gerard Healy and their new bloke from Champion Data - Gerard also mentioned a discussion he had with a “disgruntled” Carlton fan earlier today, interesting listening if someone more tech savvy than me can link up the podcast.

So, reading between the lines, was the disgruntled fan..... er....... Non-monochromatic-male-adult-human?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
AGRO wrote:

So, reading between the lines, was the disgruntled fan..... er....... Non-monochromatic-male-adult-human?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:lol:

Never know who’ll you bump into in the foyer of “The Age” building, even the progeny of a former President.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Keogh strikes me as a glass half empty type of person.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'd like the following modification to the article quoted by effes above:

The Blues, who have finished 18th, 14th, 16th and 18th in the past four years, and were inexplicably denied a priority pick by the AFL, ....

I know it's old news but it still grates.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:19 pm 
Robert Walls

BigKev wrote:
I'd like the following modification to the article quoted by effes above:

The Blues, who have finished 18th, 14th, 16th and 18th in the past four years, and were inexplicably denied a priority pick by the AFL, ....

I know it's old news but it still grates.

It’s very explicable. Now watch as Essendon* have rules bent for them to get Clarke through the same mechanism given to us - access to a state league player. Ahhh...what? They want him, he isn’t a DFA, draft him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

"We all want a strong Essendon*"

#GUILTY

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next