Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

If a tree...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:41 am 
Ken Hunter

Glad Wally’s onboard. He’ll call it as it is and will identify any issues. Let’s wait and see.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

One thing Bolton must immediately address is our game style/performance at Docklands stadium. Our record there is appalling given it's our home ground.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:
One thing Bolton must immediately address is our game style/performance at Docklands stadium. Our record there is appalling given it's our home ground.

Best way to address it would be to never play a home game there again....ever!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

:thumbsup:
smithy wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Best way to address it would be to never play a home game there again....ever!

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

SurreyBlue wrote:
Glad Wally’s onboard. He’ll call it as it is...

Really? Sounds like a fence-sitter.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:

Sorry Rexy , our record at any ground is appalling,let's address our list and then we move on! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:13 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

SurreyBlue wrote:
Glad Wally’s onboard. He’ll call it as it is and will identify any issues. Let’s wait and see.
But where is he?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 am 
Bruce Doull

Quick question folk.....

and this is a what if...!

what if 10 games in next year...we're 1-9...?

does the club look at BB...and don't get me
wrong here...I like BB...I'm just wondering...
what if...!

hey we could be 9-1...but where's the...
"maybe we should look at this" line...?

I can't lie to yas...I've heard a couple of things
this year...not to do with the players...but more
to do with his approach to the N.B....!

nothing crazy...just with regards to communication
with coaching staff...!

did anyone else close to N.B. see this also...?

I believe we need to give more assistance to
the N.B. ...I get the feeling there's too big
a divide between C.F.C. and them...!

kindest regards tommi

but the 1-9 thing...what if...?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:32 am 
Harry Vallence

@tommi

If we are 1/9 I cant see how BB survives. He and the club had annus horribilus this season, and yes I know injuries were a big factor, but really next year must show big improvements - especially in the win column.

Next year we have access to some good new players in Mcgovern etc, but the key recruit IMO is Andrew Russell. If he cant get our boys fit and ready then nobody can.

We have moderately improved depth (with further opportunities to improve that potentially in the draft), we will have a huge addition in Docherty being available (basically almost a new recruit - and boy did we miss him last season), a preseason into our players (cue the Russell factor) and hopefully a refined, repeatable and executable gameplan which the players can execute consistently.

With all that - I would be expecting 8 wins as a minimum, and if its less I think BB is on the tightrope at least but realistically probably dead man walking.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:26 am 
John Nicholls

Don't agree BB would be a dead man walking. We're coming from a long way back. Players have bought in to BB's plan, and our stars that have re-signed have done so with his vision in mind.

Bolton is a young coach, he will improve over time as will the players. It's important that they improve together.

Look at Hardwick, Look at Buckley... it takes time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:38 am 
Bruce Doull

Bolton got a pass from me this year because of our horrendous injury run and player management. But with Russell on board now, and I assume a team around him, I (hopefully) can't see this being an excuse next year.

For me I'd judge Bolton less on the 1-9 itself, but more on what happens in the 9.

- Will they be "Honourable losses"?
- Will our gameplan improve? Will it be free-flowing and exciting or will it still be stilted?
- Will we actually crack 100 points in a game?
- Will our players actually learn how to hit a target or kick a goal from 30 out in front?
- Will we continue to have 30-45 minute naps in games where we cough up 7-10 uninterrupted goals?
- Will the Morans continue?
- Will we see maximum effort and players sticking up for teammates when opposition gets into them or whacks them?
- Will our young players (particular those taken higher) improve or stagnate?

If the above criteria slips onto the negative side, Bolton is in deep poop.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 am 
Stephen Silvagni

From listening to that podcast I get the feeling it will take Russell up to a year to make a significant impact. It really sounds like he likes to know the players inside out, which takes time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

robertbb wrote:
Don't agree BB would be a dead man walking. We're coming from a long way back. Players have bought in to BB's plan, and our stars that have re-signed have done so with his vision in mind.

Bolton is a young coach, he will improve over time as will the players. It's important that they improve together.

Look at Hardwick, Look at Buckley... it takes time.

Mate - I agree with you however, I'm not convinced (yet) that the Board are that patient, especially if we continue to lose and lose badly. I actually think BB needs another two seasons before any realistic assessment can be made. The president seems to be backing him, but we shall see.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

verbs wrote:
From listening to that podcast I get the feeling it will take Russell up to a year to make a significant impact. It really sounds like he likes to know the players inside out, which takes time.

That’s fine, but I’m sure in the short-term we’ll at least see an end to the weekly diabolical player management decisions we saw this year.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:41 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

yeah agree with stuie - it depends how and why those 9 losses occur

Buckley and Hardwick have definitely argued the case for patience

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:

If he is 1-9 next year he doesn't deserve the job
There is a difference between Buckley and Hardwick and that was 3 years in they didn't have the backing of the supporters and the club that Bolton has
Bolton has been backed to the hilt and apart from the odd Carlton supporter such as myself he has had full support
The supporters were demanding success and Pies and Tiges so the pressure came on pretty quickly - Bolton entering his 4th has had one of the longest honeymoon periods of a coach ever considering the results

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
Rexy wrote:

If he is 1-9 next year he doesn't deserve the job
There is a difference between Buckley and Hardwick and that was 3 years in they didn't have the backing of the supporters and the club that Bolton has
Bolton has been backed to the hilt and apart from the odd Carlton supporter such as myself he has had full support
The supporters were demanding success and Pies and Tiges so the pressure came on pretty quickly - Bolton entering his 4th has had one of the longest honeymoon periods of a coach ever considering the results

So what is so wrong about having the backing of supporters and the club....of course other than the odd supporter and yourself?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:40 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
Bolton got a pass from me this year because of our horrendous injury run and player management. But with Russell on board now, and I assume a team around him, I (hopefully) can't see this being an excuse next year.

For me I'd judge Bolton less on the 1-9 itself, but more on what happens in the 9.

- Will they be "Honourable losses"?
- Will our gameplan improve? Will it be free-flowing and exciting or will it still be stilted?
- Will we actually crack 100 points in a game?
- Will our players actually learn how to hit a target or kick a goal from 30 out in front?
- Will we continue to have 30-45 minute naps in games where we cough up 7-10 uninterrupted goals?
- Will the Morans continue?
- Will we see maximum effort and players sticking up for teammates when opposition gets into them or whacks them?
- Will our young players (particular those taken higher) improve or stagnate?

If the above criteria slips onto the negative side, Bolton is in deep poop.

Agree to this and adding to all of the above, I think one way to see if the Coach is in trouble will be if our HB’s are fit and we still cannot rebound from the defensive 50m arc to HF with some system, he probably will be in trouble.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 350  Next