Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:00 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Picture was from Festival Hall...March 1977. Alice was touring Australia the same time as ABBA. Here they are together in Perth.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
Blue Beatle wrote:
Has anyone mentioned alice cooper? I have an image of him in carlton jumper ..... or is that just me losing my mind?

I love it!!!!!!

Wojee = Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Blue Beatle wrote:
Has anyone mentioned alice cooper? I have an image of him in carlton jumper ..... or is that just me losing my mind?

I love it!!!!!!

Wojee = Legend

thank you bondi blue for finding my mind...…………. :thanks:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Beatle wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Blue Beatle wrote:

I love it!!!!!!

Wojee = Legend

thank you bondi blue for finding my mind...…………. :thanks:

We are family...Blue Blood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

DocSherrin III wrote:
Picture was from Festival Hall...March 1977. Alice was touring Australia the same time as ABBA. Here they are together in Perth.

And as we know, ABBA were given Carlton jumpers too.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluedog wrote:
And as we know, ABBA were given Carlton jumpers too.

In 1977 Keith McKenzie was a man on a mission. Carlton jumpers for absolutely everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Dylan Alcott from JJJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:49 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Did Alice Cooper have #18 on his back?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:00 am 
Bruce Doull

WWE wrestler Buddy Murphy is a diehard Blues fan and is in town for their event at the G tonight (yeah I'm going :smoking: )
Quote:
The Australian has lived his whole life following the navy blue, and Blues star Marc Murphy was even his inspiration for his WWE ring name.

Murphy keeps a close eye on the Blues’, waking up in the early hours of the morning each week to see them play.

While Murphy is dreaming of WWE gold at Super Show-Down, the Carlton fanatic feels the Blues can also be contending for titles in the near future.

“I actually have an app on my phone where I watch the games. Even if it’s 3am or 5.45am,” Murphy explained.

“We’ve shown some ability, it’s just sustaining that every week. Patrick Cripps is a gun, I can see him leading us back up there.”

Would've made sense for the club to bring him and Alexa Bliss to the club for some promotion, maybe even an appearance at the B&F.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 am 
Bruce Doull

OK, we now have a Carlton tragic WWE Cruiserweight champion on our books.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1048679341910106116

Sadly he'll likely be on a plane back to the States right now. Missed opportunity CFC.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

Someone was listening :grin:

Bluebagger Buddy's crowning moment

Cristian Filippo, Carlton Media wrote:
A SATURDAY in spring at the MCG. For boyhood Bluebagger Buddy Murphy, that may have previously held the dream of an AFL premiership.

However, October 6 2018 marked Murphy’s crowning moment. In front of 70,000 people, the hometown hero became the first Australian to win WWE gold.

Carlton’s influence on the newest Cruiserweight Champion is evident. His real name Matthew Adams, Buddy’s ‘ring name’ takes inspiration from Carlton’s own Marc Murphy.

At Ikon Park for the first time in 15 years on Friday, Murphy said there was no choice involved for him and his brother.

“I’m a massive fan. I was made to become a Carlton fan by the old man,” Murphy said.

“I love it and I’ve got my long-sleeved guernsey back in Florida, so it’s a little too warm to wear it.”

Buddy’ also highlighted Craig Bradley, Chris Judd, Stephen Kernahan, Matthew Lappin, Stephen Silvagni and now Patrick Cripps as his favourite Blues.

However, he can’t look past Carlton’s No.3 — the number which features on the back of Buddy's new Blues guernsey.

“Not surprisingly, Marc Murphy was a bit of an inspiration for me, which has now come into my wrestling career,” Buddy said.

“Patrick Cripps is an absolute gun and he’s probably my favourite at the moment.

“Just watching the guys perform, I can appreciate them a lot more now being an athlete. What they do is brutal.”

Due to fly back to the other side of the world this weekend, he said he’d continue to keep tabs on the Blues — and try to make his fellow WWE Superstars bound by blue.

“I try and get the other WWE Superstars and my fiancé to watch it, but for some reason they like the NFL,” Murphy said.

“I have to talk about it with my dad and brother. Every day we’re talking about trades. It’s the best sport in the world.”

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:15 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Perhaps not really a 'celebrity' but the guy called Keith on the tv show Gogglebox ....sits in front of the tv each week with his Carlton stubby holder. Now that's a real supporter for you :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:25 pm 
Laurie Kerr

And on the Googlebox website when asked who he admires on TV, Keith says " Any Carlton football player and Richie Benaud". He's a dead set legend :beer:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm 
Horrie Clover

Donstuie wrote:
Someone was listening :grin:

Bluebagger Buddy's crowning moment

Cristian Filippo, Carlton Media wrote:
A SATURDAY in spring at the MCG. For boyhood Bluebagger Buddy Murphy, that may have previously held the dream of an AFL premiership.

However, October 6 2018 marked Murphy’s crowning moment. In front of 70,000 people, the hometown hero became the first Australian to win WWE gold.

Carlton’s influence on the newest Cruiserweight Champion is evident. His real name Matthew Adams, Buddy’s ‘ring name’ takes inspiration from Carlton’s own Marc Murphy.

At Ikon Park for the first time in 15 years on Friday, Murphy said there was no choice involved for him and his brother.

“I’m a massive fan. I was made to become a Carlton fan by the old man,” Murphy said.

“I love it and I’ve got my long-sleeved guernsey back in Florida, so it’s a little too warm to wear it.”

Buddy’ also highlighted Craig Bradley, Chris Judd, Stephen Kernahan, Matthew Lappin, Stephen Silvagni and now Patrick Cripps as his favourite Blues.

However, he can’t look past Carlton’s No.3 — the number which features on the back of Buddy's new Blues guernsey.

“Not surprisingly, Marc Murphy was a bit of an inspiration for me, which has now come into my wrestling career,” Buddy said.

“Patrick Cripps is an absolute gun and he’s probably my favourite at the moment.

“Just watching the guys perform, I can appreciate them a lot more now being an athlete. What they do is brutal.”

Due to fly back to the other side of the world this weekend, he said he’d continue to keep tabs on the Blues — and try to make his fellow WWE Superstars bound by blue.

“I try and get the other WWE Superstars and my fiancé to watch it, but for some reason they like the NFL,” Murphy said.

“I have to talk about it with my dad and brother. Every day we’re talking about trades. It’s the best sport in the world.”

This is so good Don!

I was at the G a couple of weeks back for the WWE and even saw him wrestle once at The Prince back in 2012. Fun times.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1052781678471630848

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

Seriously, who is in charge of our social media now?? It's bloody marvellous!

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Lonny Mac wrote:
And on the Googlebox website when asked who he admires on TV, Keith says " Any Carlton football player and Richie Benaud". He's a dead set legend :beer:

I stood behind him in the ticket queue at Etihad/Marvel a couple of years ago in his full Carlton regalia.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:09 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
:lol:

Seriously, who is in charge of our social media now?? It's bloody marvellous!

Remarkleable really.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Vale Dean Jones, dead at 59.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Vale Dean Jones, dead at 59.

Was going to post the same. Terrible news.

Way too young.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next