Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

But but but ..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:38 pm 
Trevor Keogh

bmaurizio wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Dunno why you guys are fretting over Walls for......................appointing co captains is a real worry for me.It's neither your elbow nor your arsehole.Weak as piss for mine.

Yup strange descion that one, not really a fan of co captains, very indecisive.

If you called me indecisive.......I’m not sure what I would say.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:18 pm 
Bruce Comben

Rexy wrote:
Walls is honest and doesn't suffer fools. Exactly what Lloyd and the FD needs.

I agree. We need someone to rattle the cages. Too many pats on the back in the coaches box for a team that has won 3 from the past 32 games and hasn’t scored 100 points in 2+ years

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I guess with Walls on board we can safely trade Matty K. We can just throw blokes who are having a quiet one into the ruck to get them involved.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

moshe25 wrote:
In what universe is a strong decision about having the two best leaders in the playing group be co-captains, "indecisive"?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

what if they disagree about something?

two captains, is twice the problems.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:26 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Braithy wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
In what universe is a strong decision about having the two best leaders in the playing group be co-captains, "indecisive"?

They're leaders ffs, not a pta committee. What do they have to agree or disagree about.

"I say Doc, let's do fish n chips at the local tonight".
"Crippa you fkucing moron, who the ferck wants seafood. Let's do steak at Percy's".
"Right Doc, you're on. Bloody Braithy and Mickstar were right. We should never of done this. I'm gonna go and join Dylan at the dirty scum. Me and him are gunna laugh at youse idiots."

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

Heavs wrote:
I guess with Walls on board we can safely trade Matty K. We can just throw blokes who are having a quiet one into the ruck to get them involved.

C Curnow comes to mind :razz:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

"Footy review conducted highlighted 3 major issues
1. Players not fit enough.. senior players exempt... refers primarily to all the young guys ..not working as hard as other clubs...thus going after Russell

2.game plan..some of the coaching panel saying its the most complicated they have ever seen..will be stripped back

3. Development or lack of via nth blues..expect changes" -

Bittersweet vindication, few people round here should have a look at this. Muh injuries muh young list sycophants BTFO.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

You feel vindicated because some BF random with zero track record claims everything you want to hear as fact?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
You feel vindicated because some BF random with zero track record claims everything you want to hear as fact?
A lot of this going on at the moment

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

smithy wrote:
1. Players not fit enough.. senior players exempt... refers primarily to all the young guys ..not working as hard as other clubs...thus going after Russell

2.game plan..some of the coaching panel saying its the most complicated they have ever seen..will be stripped back

Bittersweet vindication, few people round here should have a look at this. Muh injuries muh young list sycophants BTFO.

What bollocks!! It seems like you've swallowed the hook, line and sinker!

1. It takes a minimum of 2-3 years for the kids to reach AFL level of endurance and recovery during games, and in some cases longer. Plus it's hard to put on muscle and size due to all the running required. I think the Russel acquisition is great but I bet it was not primarily due to the fact our kids are "unfit", I think you'll find it has more to do with injury prevention and rehabilitation. Hence the million dollar injection to the football department.

2. Always the easiest thing to attack, the game plan. This can't be assessed given the year we've had with injuries and the lack of quality players to fill those positions made vacant, some of who are no longer at the club....for a reason. Lack of quality and depth has been our issue for a long long time, even prior to the rebuild and is the reason for it.

3. Pretty hard to develop the seconds when you have 10-16 of your AFL listed players injured. We played pretty good the year before and only lost Doc and Gibbs in the seniors during the off season, what does that tell you? Possible depth issues??

As for all the off field changes, well if you don't expect them to happen every year until we make the finals (or even when we do), you're delusional.

I think if you read it differently, you would actually see that it says what we have all been saying this year. With the loss of Gibbs and Doc it was going to be a tough year, made even tougher with all of our other injuries and having to over expose our kids to AFL level footy.

And FYI, look up the word "sycophant" before you try and use it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:27 am 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:
Braithy wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

They're leaders ffs, not a pta committee. What do they have to agree or disagree about.

"I say Doc, let's do fish n chips at the local tonight".
"Crippa you fkucing moron, who the ferck wants seafood. Let's do steak at Percy's".
"Right Doc, you're on. Bloody Braithy and Mickstar were right. We should never of done this. I'm gonna go and join Dylan at the dirty scum. Me and him are gunna laugh at youse idiots."

That must have caused you great difficulty to write, what with your being the grammar pedant of TC.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sidefx wrote:
smithy wrote:

What bollocks!! It seems like you've swallowed the hook, line and sinker!

1. It takes a minimum of 2-3 years for the kids to reach AFL level of endurance and recovery during games, and in some cases longer. Plus it's hard to put on muscle and size due to all the running required. I think the Russel acquisition is great but I bet it was not primarily due to the fact our kids are "unfit", I think you'll find it has more to do with injury prevention and rehabilitation. Hence the million dollar injection to the football department.

2. Always the easiest thing to attack, the game plan. This can't be assessed given the year we've had with injuries and the lack of quality players to fill those positions made vacant, some of who are no longer at the club....for a reason. Lack of quality and depth has been our issue for a long long time, even prior to the rebuild and is the reason for it.

3. Pretty hard to develop the seconds when you have 10-16 of your AFL listed players injured. We played pretty good the year before and only lost Doc and Gibbs in the seniors during the off season, what does that tell you? Possible depth issues??

As for all the off field changes, well if you don't expect them to happen every year until we make the finals (or even when we do), you're delusional.

I think if you read it differently, you would actually see that it says what we have all been saying this year. With the loss of Gibbs and Doc it was going to be a tough year, made even tougher with all of our other injuries and having to over expose our kids to AFL level footy.

And FYI, look up the word "sycophant" before you try and use it.

We won 2 games, we played without heart in so many games, we got beaten by 100pts 3 times, once by a side that finished with 16 men where we got outscored 7 goals to 1 in the last qtr, we got thrashed by 10 goals by bottom 4 sides, we have a game plan that the players look so confused about. Injuries doesn't excuse all that. Even the side we sent out in the last game was alot better than 2 wins. Alot of sides had injuries this year. We are poorly structured, poorly drilled with a coach that seems out of his depth with our rebuild. We couldn't even structure up well enough to counter a side that had 16 men on the ground. No excuse for that. You can spin it anyway you like you only had to open your eyes and look at what was actually happening. If people didn't see those things then they are blind or just don't want to see.

Some of us don't accept shit. Other's might be satisfied with shit, i'm not one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wow, I never knew we only won 2 games this year.

I was so happy and satisfied with everything about the 2018 season until I read that. Cheering as we got overrun time and again, applauding every simple error our players made, and LOVING the fact that we haven't kicked over 100 points for 2 years, so much so that I had our scores for the past 2 years framed on my wall.

I couldn't have been happier with season 2018, but learning for the first time that we only won 2 games has shattered my rosy, sycophantic illusion that everything is @#$%&! unicorns and rainbows :cry:

****!

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:08 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:07 pm 
Robert Walls

Really makes you think....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

jim wrote:
We won 2 games, we played without heart in so many games, we got beaten by 100pts 3 times, once by a side that finished with 16 men where we got outscored 7 goals to 1 in the last qtr, we got thrashed by 10 goals by bottom 4 sides, we have a game plan that the players look so confused about. Injuries doesn't excuse all that. Even the side we sent out in the last game was alot better than 2 wins. Alot of sides had injuries this year. We are poorly structured, poorly drilled with a coach that seems out of his depth with our rebuild. We couldn't even structure up well enough to counter a side that had 16 men on the ground. No excuse for that. You can spin it anyway you like you only had to open your eyes and look at what was actually happening. If people didn't see those things then they are blind or just don't want to see.

Some of us don't accept shit. Other's might be satisfied with shit, i'm not one of them.

Jim you keep beating the same old drum, we get it, your feelings are hurt.
This is a classic case of expectations exceeding ability. If you actually opened your eyes as you put it, you would've seen just about everyone had us pegged for the spoon this year with the loss of Gibbs and Doc. Compounding the loss, we had the most injuries out of every club in the league, I'll repeat it because you don't seem to be listening. The most injuries out of EVERY CLUB in the league.
Yes, I get that other clubs have injuries but you seem to be delusional about;
A The quality and depth of our list,
B The quality of players that were injured and the role they played for us and our inability to replace them with all of our talent you seem to think we have in the 2s,
C The age demographic of our team.
I'll make it simple........the success of a team isn't compared on the quality of its top players, it's their bottom ones and geez we've had some good ones over the years. And we've had to play a lot of them this year while our "required players" have been, you guessed it....injured. Connecting the dots for you, this is why we had a rebuild, which we are still in the middle of.....not the end.
Finally, if we didn't have any issues with injuries and it's all game plan issues as you continually play like a one string guitar. Why has the club committed an extra million to the football department and why have we just employed the best High Performance trainer in the league?
It seems the only issue the club has with coaching is all the arm chair coaches with their misguided "expert" opinions.

As I've said before, I think it's time to move along. Just enjoy the silly season and see what players we get that are an upgrade on some of our many C grade players, as we continue to rebuild to gain much needed depth and compliment the talent we have been gathering over the last 3 drafts.

So sorry mate, I can't spin this "shit" any other way, other than the logical way to make you feel better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
jim wrote:

Jim you keep beating the same old drum, we get it, your feelings are hurt.
This is a classic case of expectations exceeding ability. If you actually opened your eyes as you put it, you would've seen just about everyone had us pegged for the spoon this year with the loss of Gibbs and Doc. Compounding the loss, we had the most injuries out of every club in the league, I'll repeat it because you don't seem to be listening. The most injuries out of EVERY CLUB in the league.
Yes, I get that other clubs have injuries but you seem to be delusional about;
A The quality and depth of our list,
B The quality of players that were injured and the role they played for us and our inability to replace them with all of our talent you seem to think we have in the 2s,
C The age demographic of our team.
I'll make it simple........the success of a team isn't compared on the quality of its top players, it's their bottom ones and geez we've had some good ones over the years. And we've had to play a lot of them this year while our "required players" have been, you guessed it....injured. Connecting the dots for you, this is why we had a rebuild, which we are still in the middle of.....not the end.
Finally, if we didn't have any issues with injuries and it's all game plan issues as you continually play like a one string guitar. Why has the club committed an extra million to the football department and why have we just employed the best High Performance trainer in the league?
It seems the only issue the club has with coaching is all the arm chair coaches with their misguided "expert" opinions.

As I've said before, I think it's time to move along. Just enjoy the silly season and see what players we get that are an upgrade on some of our many C grade players, as we continue to rebuild to gain much needed depth and compliment the talent we have been gathering over the last 3 drafts.

So sorry mate, I can't spin this "shit" any other way, other than the logical way to make you feel better.

Look, you really have no place being condescending; you aren't exactly a student of the game, we read your illogical statements like above frequently without complaining, you better get used to differing viewpoints.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

smithy wrote:
Look, you really have no place being condescending; you aren't exactly a student of the game, we read your illogical statements like above frequently without complaining, you better get used to differing viewpoints.

I agree there is no room for condescending, but before you start taking a moral high ground here. Both yourself and Jim might want to turn that mirror back to yourselves and lead by example rather than point fingers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 am 
Ken Hunter

can a moral high ground call out another moral high ground or is it just flat-lining?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239 ... 350  Next