Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Great news to read after a couple of days away from the site.

Go Blues!

What's that old line again, don't get the best person available, get the best person.

I know that's a bit old Carlton in some ways, but hopefully this appointment is everything we hope it to be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Andrew Russell “all done” as per EP :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:18 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

MPH78 wrote:
Andrew Russell “all done” as per EP :thumbsup:

MASSIVE !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Andrew Russell joins Carlton as Director of High Performance

Carlton Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Andrew Russell to the role of Director of High Performance.

Highly regarded as one of the elite operators within High Performance in the industry, Andrew has been involved in six AFL premierships, including four at the Hawthorn Football Club between 2008 - 2015.

Reporting into the Head of Football, Brad Lloyd, the Director of High Performance will play a critical role as a key leader and strategic thinker in the Club’s football department.

Following an extensive review of the Club’s High Performance area, a number of recommendations were put forward that will comprehensively strengthen the Club’s High Performance department.

Head of Football, Brad Lloyd said the Club was excited to have secured the services of Andrew, whose career spans 20 years across the sporting industry.

“We have an emerging group and we think we have appointed the best in the industry to physically take this group to where we need, in order to contribute to the long term, sustained success of the Carlton Football Club,” Lloyd said.

“Clearly, we’re delighted to have acquired someone of Andrew’s calibre as we continue the next phase of development for our playing group. Having industry experience in high performance and the opportunity to provide the best environment to enable athletes to thrive, are all attributes that will provide added value to the Blues going forward.”

The growth and development opportunities for the Blues’ exciting list, which has earned seven Rising Star nominations in the past 3 years, was a factor Andrew considers a key drawcard in attracting him to the Blues.

“Having observed the club from afar, it’s clear Carlton is committed to sticking to the plan that was set out three years ago under Senior Coach Brendon Bolton,” Russell said.

“As one of the traditional big four Clubs, I consider the Blues one of the powerhouses of the competition, especially with their huge supporter base and I have full confidence in where the club is headed.

“With 10 players renewing their contracts in 2018, there’s no doubt the players have complete faith in the direction of the club and their plans for the future.”

Andrew has worked in the AFL system for more than 20 years, first with Essendon* Football Club where he was part of the Bombers’ Premiership in 2000.

He then moved to Port Adelaide as Head Fitness Coach, where he was part of another premiership in 2004.

From there, Andrew joined the Hawthorn Football Club as their Elite Performance Manager, where he has been instrumental in the contribution of winning a further four premierships.

Andrew will commence in the role in late October.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:25 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

There is no way that Andy McKay could've pulled this one off. Hats off to Brad Lloyd.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:32 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1049185048946036737

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mercenary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

Stone Free wrote:
There is no way that Andy McKay could've pulled this one off. Hats off to Brad Lloyd.

Yes he could have.

He'd just need an extra 1–2 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

camelboy wrote:
Stone Free wrote:

Yes he could have.

He'd just need an extra 1–2 weeks.

AhhaahahaHa! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:45 pm 
Robert Walls

If he can better manage our fitness, injury management and recovery, this is a great get by the club. Identified an issue, went and got one of the best (according to those who know) to fix it.

McGovern and Setterfield in as well.

Shiel or not, we seem to be moving in the right direction.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Very, very exciting times ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

I hope the premierships follow Andrew to us too, every team he has worked with has won a Cup at least.
We need his professionalism and skill set and magic touch.
Now the hunt for a competant midfield coach too. Well done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

Safe to say that if we have anywhere near the same injury issues in 2019, something is seriously wrong at this club.

Welcome aboard Andrew :thumbsup:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bmaurizio wrote:
I hope the premierships follow Andrew to us too, evey team he works with has won a Cup at least.
We need his professionalism and skill set.
Now for a competent midfield coach too

Russell wouldn't have come cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if we add midfield to Barkers responsibility to remain under the FD cap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I have never heard of this chap - but it seems I must have been living under a rock and he is universally accepted as the best in show. So I guess that's excellent. And I'm way behind the times.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Heavs wrote:
I have never heard of this chap - but it seems I must have been living under a rock and he is universally accepted as the best in show. So I guess that's excellent. And I'm way behind the times.

I hadn’t heard of him previously by name, but then I saw the bloke’s CV.

Getting the right person for this role was absolutely crucial in our long-term development, as no amount of top draft picks would save us if they were always on the sidelines or still getting monstered 3-4 years into their career.

If history is a guide, we’ve hit this out of the park.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 pm 
John Nicholls

Shrewd move. This is how you get our players on the park, and other's wanting to join.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:
Shrewd move. This is how you get our players on the park, and other's wanting to join.

Yep...i immediately thought of Phillips and Cuningham. I know they're on the periphery but it's these types we need up and running on a consistent basis so they're not on the periphery.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/10 ... 9331601409

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

This guy is as good if not better than getting a devon shitiel !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next