Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:13 am 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:30 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Lets just hope we are finall back on track and heading in the right direction.

I'm sure the AFL Commission was and is wicked. Who are the answerable to?

Do they change their minds and make things up on the run? Sure do.

How does one expect to win a fight against a facist, nepotistic regime?

Its truly awful what has happened and what the original 12 teams have created with this Commission.
In hindsight I bet the original 12 teams would not have given the Commission so much autocracy.

Carlton built a reputation and a network of influential people over a 100 year period.
Carlton could to get itself out of any sticky situation in the past, but today we are victims of the wishes and spontaneous decisions te AFL makes.

The AFL are ours and everyone's Masters of this Thiefdom.

They have nearly ruined a foundation club in Carlton, but failed to stomp us out.
They have ruined the VFA and suburban footy network, and with that community networks.

I am privy to have experienced footy in the 60's, 70's and 80's, and I know the game was better back then, and all this growth in the game was inevitable such is the greatness of the code which was created by our forefathers and disrespected by Commissioners and their mates wanting to make their mark on the game and as a result in history.

The AFL Commission is corrupt, and have changed the spirit of the game, as they have lost site of why the original rules were created. The game today looks like a combination of basketball and rugby.

Lets stick phat and continue our steady path forward, promoting stability and a return to an unmatched culture and ofcourse what Carlton is known for, succcess and Premierships, with all the champions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:53 am 
Vale 1953-2020

dane wrote:
Jez1966 wrote:
what ever happened to "Melvey"? Has he been reincarnated?
He posts as Megaman.
:lol:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:53 am 
Ken Hunter

dane wrote:
Jez1966 wrote:
He posts as Megaman.

No, that's braithy.
I'm hotcox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Megaman wrote:
dane wrote:
Jez1966 wrote:
He posts as Megaman.

No, that's braithy.
I'm hotcox
Apologies! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Chad and Sub Judice should get on the front foot about the latest tweak to our great mature age concession by the AFL

2 days after announcing concession the AFL announce today that scope is reduced

Come out there and say it is very difficult to get trades or drafting done when you change the goalposts every second day and our members are confused about what the AFL are trying to do and indeed wondering whether they are really trying to help us or not

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:51 pm 
John James

smithy wrote:
Couldn't afford to buy new footballs lol, pure hyperbole. I'm not sure I believe this narrative anymore.

"We had just built the legends stand and were over 10 million dollars in debt" That is probably one pass of the hat of our benefactors.

Believe whatever you like. If it was one pass of the hat of our benefactors why didn't they do it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:34 am 
Rod Ashman

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-05/sli ... ade-period

Read this article supposedly in the serious journalist mode from Damian Barrett where he twice does the joke about Carlton and brown paper bags. This is on the AFL website! How professional.

I have less of a problem with these type of “jokes” on the Front Bar show as that is a comedy show eg Melb supporters go to the snow etc. funny, ha ha, but if Liddle wants to prove he has Carlton’s best interest at heart he has to send a not so subtle message to AFL headquarters that this type of messaging from a journalist is not acceptable. It was 20 years ago. Time to go on the attack.

If we want to talk about “brown paper bags” will Barrett campaign for North Melbourne to return the two flags they won in 1970s to be returned. They dodged the taxman, did something illegal and won 2 flags. What did Carlton win early 2000s-2010 during side payments? Zilch. So if anything Liddle is there to fight back for the Carlton brand. Essendon* people do it, why can’t Carlton? A CEO willing to take on the Carlton message. That’s what I want.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:52 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Isn’t it funny that syringe jokes are verboten but brown paper bag jokes are not.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:13 am 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
Isn’t it funny that syringe jokes are verboten but brown paper bag jokes are not.

Well the only club that we definitely know benefited from brown paper bag payments was North Melbourne. Rantall, Davis etc all talk about the meeting with Aylett where brown paper bags with wads of cash thrown at players in their home, cash spilled onto the table, yet in the media they romanticise this club “shinboners” spirit.

Time for Carlton people to say we’re not putting up with it any longer. Truth is bigger than fiction.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:

I hope you sent that to mister barrett.
We must fight them on the beaches..
Or fight the little beaches
Whatever it was...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluegirl72 wrote:
AGRO wrote:

I hope you sent that to mister barrett.
We must fight them on the beaches..
Or fight the little beaches
Whatever it was...
I keep a list......
Biding my time....
They will all have their day of reckoning :lol:....

Like I said... Keep a list :wink:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:
Time for Carlton people to say we’re not putting up with it any longer. Truth is bigger than fiction.

Truth is that the old Carlton reared its ugly head again when the private jet to Noosa story was revealed...so you can hardly blame the likes of Barrett to have a lame attempt at humour at Carlton's expense with references to brown paper bags.

While I understand it upsets you - the CEO, and President for that matter, have a lot more important things to concern themselves with than the likes of Damian Barrett.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:41 am 
Harry Vallence

Yeah damn that old ugly Carlton, the one that used to win games and flags, terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 am 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
Yeah damn that old ugly Carlton, the one that used to win games and flags, terrible.

...and cheat in an attempt to win them...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:44 am 
Ken Hands

If he's got Andrew Russell on board as our new fitness head, then forget moaning about ambulance chasing halfwit journos and whether our CEO should be having petty bitch fights with them, this guy is doing alright.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

ferdinand wrote:
If he's got Andrew Russell on board as our new fitness head, then forget moaning about ambulance chasing halfwit journos and whether our CEO should be having petty bitch fights with them, this guy is doing alright.

Naah, fight everything.
He’s got time.
The Carlton brand has to be defended.
Rolling over and playing dead is no longer an option.

Now that Gaff isn’t going to “the shinboners” North Melbourne I am assuming Barrett will be ha-ha so funny (rolls eyes) be writing an article stating how Aylett’s paper bags of money would have come in handy. Right?

Oh what a surprise. Hypocrites.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Tap...are you whining about the completely legal 10 yr rule that saw Barry Davis (Essendon*), John Rantall (South Melbourne) and Doug Wade (Geelong) come across to North in 1973/74? Laughable if so...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
Tap...are you whining about the completely legal 10 yr rule that saw Barry Davis (Essendon**), John Rantall (South Melbourne) and Doug Wade (Geelong) come across to North in 1973/74? Laughable if so...

It is in reference to the stated fact that the majority of those players were paid with cash- enough to pay off a house- plus the said amount they were allegedly paid as told to the media to get them to North.

The taxman would have been more than interested in Wade’s cash payment alone. This was all outside the sign on agreement.

Again, if the media want to refer to the one time we have definite proof of cash payments off the books that netted a premiership. Refer to 1975. But that is a “romantic” premiership so different rules apply.

If you don’t know what I am referring to refer to their interviews.

Last edited by tap in 79 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Megaman wrote:
dane wrote:
Jez1966 wrote:
He posts as Megaman.

No, that's braithy.
I'm hotcox

braithy loves hot cocks. wait, what?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 41  Next