Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
General public reaction seems to be well and truly in Mick's favour.

I am.What a effen immature sook that NoHope is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

In Micks favour because he's backpedaling on what he said. Just like he didn't speak to Stephen Milne on the football ground.
Mick will lie and rewrite history to protect his arse. Mo Hope reacted poorly but Malthouses justification is his usual self protecting bullshit. Blame the other person instead of taking responsibility for his own actions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:30 am 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
In Micks favour because he's backpedaling on what he said. Just like he didn't speak to Stephen Milne on the football ground.
Mick will lie and rewrite history to protect his arse. Mo Hope reacted poorly but Malthouses justification is his usual self protecting bullshit. Blame the other person instead of taking responsibility for his own actions.

I haven't heard what he said. Does anyone have the recording that's not paywalled?

If what I've seen so far is the extent of the 'insult' then I agree with Mick.

I was a big supporter of women's footy, but after watching it locally and nationally for a couple of years, I think there are some massive issues regarding player safety. We've had Varcoe pass away and many severe injuries.

The girls in our local team get injured at an extraordinary rate. I wouldn't let my daughter play unless there were changes, TBH.

Netball isn't great for injuries, but Aussie Rules is brutal.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 am 
Craig Bradley

Hope behaved like a petulant child. It’s supposed to be a contest of ideas, not emotions. She had the perfect opportunity to argue her case with Malthouse there and then but didn’t. Instead she runs away, and then cowardly slanders the guy on social media.
No surprise though. She is simply reflecting our current society where if you don’t like an opinion, you demand it be silenced.
You can support women without liking women’s football.
However in this time of the eternally outraged, that’s not possible. The result is that many of us just avoid the outrage and don’t comment.
Well done Mick for having the courage to go against the thought police.
Akermanis was spot on.
But all that will be lost to the outrage lynch mob.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:59 am 
Bruce Doull

Just seent he interview with Mathouse - he's 100% correct IMO. Well said on the AFL rules and the W game itself.

If the AFLW want to grow the game, they need to change the format - at least until their bodies/skills improve to withstand the current rules.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:59 am 
formerly King Kenny

The Duke wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

I haven't heard what he said. Does anyone have the recording that's not paywalled?

If what I've seen so far is the extent of the 'insult' then I agree with Mick.

I was a big supporter of women's footy, but after watching it locally and nationally for a couple of years, I think there are some massive issues regarding player safety. We've had Varcoe pass away and many severe injuries.

The girls in our local team get injured at an extraordinary rate. I wouldn't let my daughter play unless there were changes, TBH.

Netball isn't great for injuries, but Aussie Rules is brutal.

Like this post.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:19 am 
Bruce Doull

Yesterday in the NFL, the Vikings Receiver was removed from the field via the concussion protocol even though he had no obvious symptoms. The NFL deemed him at risk after watching the video of a collision and put him through a concussion test. There are also new rules protecting QBs from heavy hits - yet Mo gets pissed because Mick is concerned about player safety.

God help us if another girl dies because we're worried about being 'sexist'. I know who will be first with their hand out if Mo gets a brain injury.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:45 am 
Stephen Silvagni

we have the outraged ...and then the outrage at the outraged :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:31 am 
Bruce Doull

Rexy wrote:
we have the outraged ...and then the outrage at the outraged :lol:

I have 3 daughters Rexy. I've just seen the tragic loss of a woman's life playing a game that clearly needs modification - just based on the data of two years, we have a serious health issue.

Now some woke AF fool storms off stage because an expert in the game says something that doesn't sit into her warped view of the new feminism model. She's typical of dumb people who can't have a discussion or debate about critical issues.

You could also try adding to the debate rather than just being a dick about it.

Just sayin.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:48 am 
Stephen Silvagni

yeah everyone's a dick except you duke

tbh, I have no interest in anything Malthouse or Mo Hope says

Re injuries - of course there needs to more care and consideration re the approach to playing Australian rules football.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

AIRCAV wrote:
Hope behaved like a petulant child. It’s supposed to be a contest of ideas, not emotions. She had the perfect opportunity to argue her case with Malthouse there and then but didn’t. Instead she runs away, and then cowardly slanders the guy on social media.
No surprise though. She is simply reflecting our current society where if you don’t like an opinion, you demand it be silenced.
You can support women without liking women’s football.
However in this time of the eternally outraged, that’s not possible. The result is that many of us just avoid the outrage and don’t comment.
Well done Mick for having the courage to go against the thought police.
Akermanis was spot on.
But all that will be lost to the outrage lynch mob.

THIS

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

When are we getting a LGBTQABCD League?. Mo Hope can be a marquee player again. Hooray let's all be minority victims.

Why don't we develop a protective turtle shell to cover every inch of every player. Could we possible be any more emasculated? F##### progressives need to be either ignored or told to STFU.

We let them have a voice, they proved they were not worthy of this privilege. Now go sit at the back of the bus where you belong progressives. We'll take it from here thanks.

Last edited by smithy on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

End Women's suffrage. End the AFLW now #Neveragain.

Join me in this campaign.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
When are we getting a LGBTQABCD League?. Mo Hope can be a marquee player again. Hooray let's all be minority victims.

Why don't we develop a protective turtle shell to cover every inch of every player. Could we possible be any more emasculated? F##### progressives need to be either ignored or told to STFU.

We let them have a voice, they proved they were not worthy of this privilege. Now go sit back at the bus where you belong progressives. We'll take it from here thanks.

You seem like someone who is easily offended, a bit frightened even. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

The Duke wrote:
Yesterday in the NFL, the Vikings Receiver was removed from the field via the concussion protocol even though he had no obvious symptoms. The NFL deemed him at risk after watching the video of a collision and put him through a concussion test. There are also new rules protecting QBs from heavy hits - yet Mo gets pissed because Mick is concerned about player safety.

God help us if another girl dies because we're worried about being 'sexist'. I know who will be first with their hand out if Mo gets a brain injury.

So if a male dies, or less seriously, with all the knee injuries suffered each year, as an example, why isn't the reaction to change the game the same? Why aren't we saying, "Oh someone think of the poor men, they're not physically equipped to play the game, let us save them."

All women are asking (generally speaking) is to be treated equally and to have the right to choose. At what point do men realise that women don't always want or need protective men trying to look after them?

How would you react if women kept telling men what they could and couldn't do and that they know about men's health and welfare better than men do?

I get one side of what you guys are saying, and that it's probably coming from a place of good intent, but take a look at the bigger picture and all you have is a bunch of men telling women what's right for them and taking away their freedom to make a decision.

Rinse and repeat.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

camelboy wrote:

All women are asking (generally speaking) is to be treated equally and to have the right to choose. At what point do men realise that women don't always want or need protective men trying to look after them?

I get one side of what you guys are saying, and that it's probably coming from a place of good intent, but take a look at the bigger picture and all you have is a bunch of men telling women what's right for them and taking away their freedom to make a decision.

Rinse and repeat.

What's right is that they should play best-of fives at the grand slams to receive equal prize money.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

camelboy wrote:
The Duke wrote:

So if a male dies, or less seriously, with all the knee injuries suffered each year, as an example, why isn't the reaction to change the game the same? Why aren't we saying, "Oh someone think of the poor men, they're not physically equipped to play the game, let us save them."

How would you react if women kept telling men what they could and couldn't do and that they know about men's health and welfare better than men do?

Rinse and repeat.

AFL rules have changed often after viewing injury data. Everything from the centre bounce, the interchange caps, the sling tackle, the head high tackle, the sliding rule etc etc. The Concussion Protocol is from the NFL which is being upgraded yearly.

So, we are looking at stats for the men and making changes - and scientifically at least, women are different from men, so it only stands to reason in a high speed, high impact game that is now showing data to confirm there are 10X more serious knee injuries in the womens game that the rules be changed to better suit the physique on the athletes playing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:29 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Malthouse doesn’t want the rules changed for women or men. He said he doesn’t like women playing footy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Congratulation to Hope.

People want her to sit there and listen to that putrid drivel ?

@#$%&! that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:49 pm 
Wayne Johnston

camelboy wrote:
The Duke wrote:

Rinse and repeat.

So men aren’t allowed to have any opinions about women?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next