Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: The Twin Towers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

Difficult season but really think in years to come with H and Charlie will have a great forward line to build around

With shocking service /delivery in the forward line

Charlie kicked 34 Goals from 20 games and H 21 Goals from 13 games quite remarkable given the nature and amount of delivery into the forward line

A better midfield will yield even better results and adding other goal kickers perhaps McGovern perhaps Fasolo together with hopefully a couple of crumbing forwards Pickett and Polson developing

Post subject: Re: The Twin Towers
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:19 am 
Craig Bradley

Our major positive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

These two are setting a foundation many other clubs would find enviable right now.

The key will be the personnel around them, and delivering the ball to them.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

agree frank

there's a 100 goals+ a season sitting there with these 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:

The key will be the personnel around them, and delivering the ball to them.

Cripps, Doc, Fisher, Dow, SPS and O'Brien - firstly need these players (except Cripps & Doc) to mature/develop. Walsh and Shiel/Setterfield would be nice. Maybe Cunningham can stay injury free and come good. Hopefully the likes of Williamson, Pickett and Silvagni can rotate through the midfield in years to come.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:46 pm 
John James

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. if Charlie doesn't get you, Harry must.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:57 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I hesitate to say this but by the start of next year everybody will have forgotten anyway.

Harry moves like Buddy when he is downfield. He is very good at ground level and fast across the ground. That bounce last night was a bit cheeky seeing as he was heading into the wrong pocket but imagine if he had done it on the other flank turning on to his left? He would have been in line for the Buddy copycat goal from the fifty.
He is a better contested mark than Buddy. He will dominate the competition in the next three years and onwards if he can stay fit.

Charlie is a strange one. He is a super contested mark and a long kick. He also has a huge Curnow-like tank. If I were BB I would play him a lot higher. Maybe wing or HFF and have a smaller player at CHF to compensate. The players in soccer whom I love to watch are those who bust their guts running down the wing into the pocket for the cross to a midfielder running the corridor. I have long thoought that AFL could use that tactic. I used to think Waite would be ideal for it as well. I think Charlie will turn into a swingman between the midfield and forward line or even the Kouta type who just roaming the ground letting the ball come to him.

Either way, they are two of the few positives to come out of this season. I think TDK shows promise as well so if Charlie goes upfield, maybe TDK and Harry can play the two KPP.

Delivery as has been pointed out is crucial from here on in and we have to recruit mids who find time and space where none exists. Bombing it in to a one on two 61 times for bugger-all result won't work any more next year than it did the other day.

Post subject: The Twin Towers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:32 am 
formerly King Kenny

Add Polson as the small and we have 3 ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:43 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

The Normal One wrote:

First time last week I saw something from him.

I always try to remind myself of Simmo's start to footy before I judge him, because I have found myself writing him off...which I know is unfair. He's a kid.

I like Harry and TDK as the twin towers and Charlie roaming and ruck roving mid-forward and believe he will still kick 50 playing that rle.

To give the big boys space we have to find some dangerous mid size and small forwards giving the opposition head aches and take off a lot of the focus on the twin towers.

We have to stop being predictable.

All starts with the midfield group.

Inside outside talent from Walsh Dow Shiel and Setterfield alongside Cripps and Kennedy with a touch of spice from SPS.

Shiel will make a huge difference, and if we can release Doc to the midfield at times....success and goals from our Twin Towers or the 3 Towers of Powers, doesnt look too far.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

First time last week I saw something from him.

I always try to remind myself of Simmo's start to footy before I judge him, because I have found myself writing him off...which I know is unfair. He's a kid.

I like Harry and TDK as the twin towers and Charlie roaming and ruck roving mid-forward and believe he will still kick 50 playing that rle.

To give the big boys space we have to find some dangerous mid size and small forwards giving the opposition head aches and take off a lot of the focus on the twin towers.

We have to stop being predictable.

All starts with the midfield group.

Inside outside talent from Walsh Dow Shiel and Setterfield alongside Cripps and Kennedy with a touch of spice from SPS.

Shiel will make a huge difference, and if we can release Doc to the midfield at times....success and goals from our Twin Towers or the 3 Towers of Powers, doesnt look too far.

Jeez, Bondi, your glass is pretty full there.
It's a long way from here to landing that bunch.