Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:18 pm 
Geoff Southby

I hate to be a stickler for details but it is mathematically impossible to have either 22 v 16 or 22 v 17 when there were only 4 injuries to GWS.

It's either 18 v 16 or 18 v 17 or 22 v 18.

There is clearly some over exaggeration going on in this thread to sell a point.

Last edited by Sidefx on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm just disappointed GWS got injuries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

'Twas a bad result for Collingwood, so that's good.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dominator_7 wrote:
We need help

Yes and quickly too. PP prior 1st round and 2nd round if the AFL is serious. Help out the Suns too their just as woeful.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluedog wrote:

Greene shoots.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

The best thing about the result today for both us and GC is that the AFL really needs to step in to help GC. But unfortunately for them they can not be seen only helping GC they will have to help us also. I hope Lynch walks for a million plus contract and we both get a PP after our first pick.

Forget trading these picks and get Rankine and Walsh with Picks 1 and 2 then try and trade our 2 2nd rounders for another top 20 pick and get another top midfielder.

If needed trade our 1st rounder next year for a 23-25 upcoming midfielder to run with Crippa and then fingers crossed we have less injuries next year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
I hate to be a stickler for details but it is mathematically impossible to have either 22 v 16 or 22 v 17 when there were only 4 injuries to GWS.

There is clearly some over exaggeration going on in this thread to sell a point.

It is true... just ask Derrrwayne Russell. He trotted out that line at least half a dozen times along with the giants are being cruel to be kind whatever the flower that's supposed to mean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
To those bagging the injuries excuse, while I don’t blame it for what transpired (it was all upstairs) you can’t not see how it contributed.

Because of injuries
- Graham, O’Shea, Rowe, Thomas, Wright, Lobbe (who in fairness hasn’t been too bad) are in our 22
- Our recent recruits in Kennedy, Lang, Marchbank and Pickett look severely underdone
- Our captain can barely lay a tackle
- Our best player has to rely on kids or senior players who are underdone or have with serious deficiencies for support in the middle
- We have no @#$%&! defence left!

These factors didn’t cause what we saw, but they sure as shit didn’t help.
After last year it's an excuse going from 8-9 wind down to 5 and showing some competitiveness. That I'd accept. Not an excuse for total embarrassment and 2 wins.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

The_Cranium wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

It is true... just ask Derrrwayne Russell. He trotted out that line at least half a dozen times along with the giants are being cruel to be kind whatever the flower that's supposed to mean

:lol:

Like they say in the media, don't let the truth get in the road of a good story.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Paddycripps wrote:
That last quarter was unacceptable. Fancy having more players and still getting belted.

Agree AFL need to give GC and CFC early PPicks. The good teams get quality FAs, the lowly sides need something. I don't understand how the AFL are allowed to get away with the current FA set up. It simply doesn't work. This is supposed to be a professional competition and business. Lowly clubs should look at legal avenues as the FA set up is as crooked as it gets.

Legal avenues are no good. The Draft isn't even legal by the law of the land, ie Restraint of Trade. All already tried and tested in Court.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blues and Suns are a mess, Gillon McLachlan just can't escape the nightmare.
The AFL will have to make a move the disparity between bottom 2 and the remainder of the competition is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:52 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

jim wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
That last quarter was unacceptable. Fancy having more players and still getting belted.

Agree AFL need to give GC and CFC early PPicks. The good teams get quality FAs, the lowly sides need something. I don't understand how the AFL are allowed to get away with the current FA set up. It simply doesn't work. This is supposed to be a professional competition and business. Lowly clubs should look at legal avenues as the FA set up is as crooked as it gets.

Legal avenues are no good. The Draft isn't even legal by the law of the land, ie Restraint of Trade. All already tried and tested in Court.
When did that happen?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:15 am 
Bruce Comben

moshe25 wrote:
jim wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

When did that happen?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Happened in the NRL 1991 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hill)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:20 am 
formerly BlueRob

Good to hear in the Bolton press conference that the focus of recruitment would be mid-fielders.

Hopefully this means we don't pick another tall forward. Harry is starting to really show something. Charlie will be elite. Kerr is the leading forward type. Levi is the bash and crash if we need him.

Looks like no Lukosius (thankfully). Rankine or Walsh more likely.

Cons:

1. O'Shea ... never to play AFL again. Good VFL player.
2. Polson ... 7 possessions ... a couple of good tackles ... 1 extremely good pass ... multiple stuff ups.
3. Graham ... another really really good VFL player. Not sure whether he will or should make the cut next year. Yesterday he was disappointing.

Pros:

1. Harry
2. SPS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:21 am 
formerly King Kenny

I’m interested in views about the last quarter fade out. In my opinion we are nowhere near AFL fitness, so against even 16 GWS players, we literally had 12 who could compete in that last quarter, maybe less.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:25 am 
Craig Bradley

The_Cranium wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

Well, at least that's another huge positive in going to the game yesterday. I've been spared the smug crapola from Dwayne. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The Normal One wrote:
I’m interested in views about the last quarter fade out. In my opinion we are nowhere near AFL fitness, so against even 16 GWS players, we literally had 12 who could compete in that last quarter, maybe less.

i think it's between the ears ... we have plenty of fitness to run out games. last week, Richmond, pies, Essendon*, port & swans this year we ran until the final whistle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:31 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:

Yep, from memory he had 11 score involvements at half time from 18 scoring shots. I watched him a fair bit today. He runs harder, smarter and further than anyone. Forget Dustin Martin, this guy is easily the best player in the game IMHO.

Kelly is good, Dusty is still better.

against the cats he was awesome. he was at times taking three Cats midfielders out of play which frees up all kinds of time and space for the guys around him. he man handled that Cats midfield ... but a lot of that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

dusty pulled their whole midfield structure out of place ... and the bit i liked about it, he did it with brute strength and force. a lot like what cripps can and will do once he gets some quality in the middle around him.

tbh, Kelly would be the perfect running mate for a guy like cripps or dusty.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 am 
formerly King Kenny

Braithy wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

i think it's between the ears ... we have plenty of fitness to run out games. last week, Richmond, pies, Essendon**, port & swans this year we ran until the final whistle.

We didn’t party on the Gold Coast for half a week before those ones :-)

FYI, I had no issue with doing that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:39 am 
Robert Walls

The Normal One wrote:

We are cooked. pure and simple.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next