Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Braithy wrote:
the injury thing is blown way out of proportion, BG. injuries don't affect player effort.

that effort on the weekend, was also there against the tigers, pies, sydney and port and we still lost those games ... but no one was disappointed bcos the effort was there.

what was it, 86 tackles this weekend Vs 55 tackles Vs Hawthorn the week before? I'd love to see our gps readings from both games; i'd imagine we ran around 25% further on the weekend.

Not sure tackles = effort is really a gauge.

Gold Coast in the end won the tackle count 91 to 82, and the weekend before in their big win against Sydney lost it 75 to 83.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:43 am 
Bert Deacon

Braithy wrote:
I'd love to see our gps readings from both games; i'd imagine we ran around 25% further on the weekend.
If you believe the Telstra Tracker on the AFL app, against the Hawks as a team we covered 296.7km (43.7 at high speed) and against the Suns it was 307.6km (41.2 at high speed).

If my calculations hold up, that's about 3.7% further against the Suns but 6% less at high speed. #factcheck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am 
Geoff Southby

Blueboy74 wrote:
Braithy wrote:
the injury thing is blown way out of proportion, BG. injuries don't affect player effort.

that effort on the weekend, was also there against the tigers, pies, sydney and port and we still lost those games ... but no one was disappointed bcos the effort was there.

what was it, 86 tackles this weekend Vs 55 tackles Vs Hawthorn the week before? I'd love to see our gps readings from both games; i'd imagine we ran around 25% further on the weekend.

Not sure tackles = effort is really a gauge.

Gold Coast in the end won the tackle count 91 to 82, and the weekend before in their big win against Sydney lost it 75 to 83.

Nor, more tackles = better coaching.

Let's face it, they lost Swallow then we started to win more in the midfield and off half back (Byrne) and we killed them with more inside F50s and multiple goal scorers - with the same coaching and more importantly - NO INJURIES!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:

GPS readings will be very intereting.

nyone has access to telstra Tracker?

Interesting that last week we ran 11 kms more than Hawks in a mighty effort with 2 down, but I huess we were chasing tail and trying to contain them with zoning? Dunno.

We also ran 3 kms more than Hawks of Fast running.

If we did better this weekend, then all I can say is that these kids are remarkable athletes. Given they are kids, the future of the team looks really bright as they grow and become men.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

snakehips wrote:
Braithy wrote:
I'd love to see our gps readings from both games; i'd imagine we ran around 25% further on the weekend.
If you believe the Telstra Tracker on the AFL app, against the Hawks as a team we covered 296.7km (43.7 at high speed) and against the Suns it was 307.6km (41.2 at high speed).

If my calculations hold up, that's about 3.7% further against the Suns but 6% less at high speed. #factcheck

Thanks snakehips.

Still we are up on last week and given we ran less at high speed with a full bench, implies the kids have plenty left in the tank.

The boys continue to work hard, and I believe like dannyboy suggests that player confidence looked to be the difference as we clawed our way back then accelerate away.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

McKays disallowed goal after the 3/4 tme siren was an absolute gem.

His running and running patterns were very impressive on Saturday, and he is another mobile tall we have at our disposal who has 2-3 years of development ahead of him before he's really strong enough to dominate, but for now, at 20yo, he's showing a lot of good signs.

Go Harry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluegirl72 wrote:
Braithy wrote:

Could that be pressure from opposition? And then the confidence fizzle? I can see how that can be a knock on effect.

I'm not sure BG. opposition pressure might worry the kids out of the ball and the contest. so maybe? ... imo, there was a definite upswing in our effort. we were pursuing and tackling everything and the way we were working off the ball was a delight. but, as blueboy just pointed out tackles aren't necessarily a barometer of effort. maybe it was pressure acts? shit ... i don't even know now. haha

lol. maybe it's an intangible thing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:27 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

maybe it was the tweak in coaching strategy. all over the ground we marked up a man. we left targets forward of the ball most of the night which allowed us to play on and move the ball forward.

and bcos we were man marking, they had no room to breathe which made us look dogged and attacking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:

His running and running patterns were very impressive on Saturday, and he is another mobile tall we have at our disposal who has 2-3 years of development ahead of him before he's really strong enough to dominate, but for now, at 20yo, he's showing a lot of good signs.

Go Harry

Harry is going to be a star. he's probably not as quick over the ground or as light on his feet as Buddy ... but there's something buddy-like about the way he plays.

it's pretty exciting watching harry, sps, charles, dow and cripps all up and about.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:38 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Braithy wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Go Harry

Harry is going to be a star. he's probably not as quick over the ground or as light on his feet as Buddy ... but there's something buddy-like about the way he plays.

it's pretty exciting watching harry, sps, charles, dow and cripps all up and about.

As Jono Brown mentioned in his commentary, McKay and Charlie just need to get better at working together and separate a bit more. A two pronged forward line like that will cause real headaches for opposition defense rather than having Casboult triple teamed at every opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

10 P Cripps
6 K Simpson
6 C Curnow
4 M Murphy
2 E Curnow
1 Petrevski-Seton
1 Lang

Leaderboard

80 Max Gawn MELB
78 Patrick Cripps CARL
78 Tom Mitchell HAW
64 Shaun Higgins NMFC
62 Clayton Oliver MELB
61 Andrew Gaff WCE
59 Nat Fyfe FRE
59 Dyson Heppell ESS
57 Lachie Whitfield GWS
56 Dayne Beams BL
56 Brodie Grundy COLL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
8s8 seconds ago

Match Review of Saturday / Sunday Rd19 games completed.
8 charges laid.
1 matter explained in detail.
Mitch Robinson can accept $3500 sanction, rough conduct on PDangerfield.
Charlie Curnow can accept 1 game, striking SMay.
Steven May can accept 1 game, rough conduct on ECurnow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
8s8 seconds ago

Match Review of Saturday / Sunday Rd19 games completed.
8 charges laid.
1 matter explained in detail.
Mitch Robinson can accept $3500 sanction, rough conduct on PDangerfield.
Charlie Curnow can accept 1 game, striking SMay.
Steven May can accept 1 game, rough conduct on ECurnow.

Bugger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:18 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

!@#$% - APPEAL !!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:35 pm 
Ken Hunter

I don't have too many complaints with Curnow getting suspended for that. But May deserves an extra week or two for being a complete flower all day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:42 pm 
Bob Chitty

GreatEx wrote:
May deserves an extra week or two for being a complete flower all day.

Otherwise known as a "Milne loading". :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:52 pm 
Wayne Johnston

If they played for Richmond or Geelong they would have got off- insufficient force

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GreatEx wrote:
I don't have too many complaints with Curnow getting suspended for that. But May deserves an extra week or two for being a complete flower all day.

This one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

GreatEx wrote:

Totally agree, especially with his history.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

GreatEx wrote:

reckon he should have got a bonus - and extra anticeptic to wipe the shit off his elbow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next