Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: THE RUN HOME
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

What we want - is a red hot effort in every game - despite who we are playing - not half ass efforts -lack of application - not caring - - careers can be made or broken in the next 10 weeks and they should all be on notice that supporters have had enough - need something - need to see something - no more pathetic first halves where we don't turn up

Matches against Giants Stkilda Dogs at home and also matches away against Brisbane and GC all winnable - but application attitude intensity - composure skill - decision making have to be immeasurably better

Matches against Hawthorn Port Collingwood and Adelaide -harder to win but we need to see something - away match against Freo probably another horror show but we need to see effort and application and some semblance of system and cohesion exhibited in every match

Post subject: Re: THE RUN HOME
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The run home started the week after the bye and about half of us had the Freo game pencilled in as a win.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We'll win at least 3 more games IMO.
If we can get a fit Murphy, Kennedy, Marchbank, Pickett on the field, our fortunes will change significantly. IMHO, we'll finish the season strongly and the game time we're getting into our kids will pay us back. I'm hoping to see TDK come in this week and hopefully Garlett gets his arse into gear and plays the footy he's capable of.

Personally I hope it turns around and all the supporters who call up the media threatening to burn their membership cards are not there to see it.
They're not supporters, They're @#$%&! sooks and the best thing our club can do is leave them behind.

Post subject: THE RUN HOME
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
We'll win at least 3 more games Imo.

What worries me is if our players think this too. We know what happens when they think they’re favourites.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I expect our players to believe they can win every game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I expect our players to compete. To be ready to compete. To execute basic fundamentals. To chase. To tackle. To harrass. To pressure the opposition. To hit a target by hand or foot when under little to no pressure. To hold uncontested marks. To kick set shot goals when within 30 metres. To keep their feet. To be hard at the contest.

I don't expect to have a game, against middling opposition from interstate, effectively over after 10 mins. Especially coming off the bye when we've had the opportunity to reset.

There is no mitigating what transpired in that first half.

We're an easy target and generally the criticism we receive from the media and the industry in general drives me nuts. However this week we've invited it ourselves with that insipid display. Deserve everything we get imho.

I understand where we are at and what we are intending to do with the rebuild. That doesn't mean we can't call out completely unacceptable performances like last week.

I hope you are right Blue Vain. I'm still very much hurting from the weekend and my faith in the club is being severely tested right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:15 pm 
Craig Bradley

Thanks BV hope you are right - not one of those burners myself but Saturday was just putrid so in part of I understand the angst - pretty hard to stay to the bitter end on Saturday even if you are a rusted on supporter and member - I did but a bit numbing to tell you the truth

Hope is still with young players and I do see signs in many of them but worried about bad habits creeping in when you are part of such performances - desperately need more speed around the ground - slow as treacle mind you pace isn't going to matter if you keep giving it back to the opposition every second kick and squib the contest in the first 2 quarters

Rowe Lamb kerridge graham were the worst among a bad lot -each had an OShea of a game and its not the first time -Thomas wasn't far behind

Really need better seasoned players to be able to dig in when things don't go our way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
Personally I hope it turns around and all the supporters who call up the media threatening to burn their membership cards are not there to see it.
They're not supporters, They're @#$%&! sooks and the best thing our club can do is leave them behind.

Nah, we need the sooks, without them there'll be no one left! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:53 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I'm not expecting any wins given our 24yo+ players (Docherty excepted) are either average, cooked or no good.

Thank god we have a group of youngsters who look skilled and have some mettle to take us forward in the years ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:

Just curious BV ... what do you think is the reason for the apparent lack of intensity in a number of games this season ? ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Saturday reminded me of the pre 2017 Rowe. He was looking good before jury last year, and in his come back he stiffened up the backline.
If he's there to protect the kids with his big body, well those simple clangers are no help at all.

Kerridge, I've really liked what offers despite the clangers because he accumulates.
His clangers and corralling instead of attacking the hips isn't needed.

Lamb lacks that extra yard of pace needed from HF's.
He's not kicking on as I expected.

Thomas has been one of our st this year, but his last 3 games have been really sad.
He's a liability in defence as his opponents get away from him too easily.
I can see him sparking up the kids before the game and at breaks because he knows whats needed.
He needs to play a position which doesn't have such a big impact when he makes clangers.

Graham isn't hard enough or quick enough to play on fast tracks.Our home ground is a quick track.
Say no more.

Jones seems to play better when Rowe is playing, unless hewas playing too loose and that was rectified when Rowe got back.
If Jones needs Rowe next to him, then he's a liability too.

Weitering is responsible forWeitering. He has to start to show a sense or urgency, and use morpace I know he has.
When corralling opponents with thball, he isin effect giving them a free kick. Silvagni did that too during the game.
Weiters needs to give a bit more. Take risks. No more excuses.

Plowman...see Weiters.

Plowman and Weiters can fix their game, because they are born with god given ability, but someone needs to give them a rocket so they can wake from tir slumber and show more intensity, agression,attack on the ball and man and then run for the one two. Too laid back.

Casboult looked underdone, or he's slowing down too much for the modern game.

Need more from Lang.

Look at Richmond, and I hate doing that, but like Ratten days and year of the Doggy, it is more intensity, more driven, more desire, and more risk that helps win the games. Bolton may be right suggesting they do too much thinking on the ground, and that must stop because the boys look too robotic and also look like they cant execute the current game plan...looking from the outside on TV.

DeKoning takes heaps of marks week in week out even when the ball hardly goes forward. He might not be fit enough to play seniors, but geez he ight make a difference, and excitement.

Kerr has lost all confidence. No damage done.

Murphy, Kennedy, Marchbank, Pickett would no doubt give more tn the first 4 mentioned, but they ll need to give 100% when they cross the line.

I have hope, and it is time the players drew line in the sand. Attack the ball, Attack the man with the ball and lead and support your team mates when we get the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Just curious BV ... what do you think is the reason for the apparent lack of intensity in a number of games this season ? ...

Its so obvious.

When Ratten had them going nuts in a frenzy, Betts was only 21, Garlett was 19 and Yarran was only 19.

Age isn't the blame.

Carpa Diem.Take them on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Shouldnt call up and threaten to burn your membership but after that first half even the most positive supporter is allowed to be a little bit of a sook, especially the way the club comes out and talks about the game.

We might win 1 game from here, the only way I can see us winning more is If Pickett comes back and Garlett gets some form up to gives a little pace and a few cheap goals forward of centre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
......They're not supporters, They're @#$%&! sooks and the best thing our club can do is leave them behind.

BV got to disagree champ.

With membership at 53,000 odd the club needs all the card burners, sooks, etc to remain.

I'll tell you who the sooks were BV.......the majority of CFC players who ran out on Saturday. It was a dismal.

And another point i'd add is of the 5000 or so that left at HT roughly a quarter were young families with kids.......those kids were bewildered, some were tearful some didn't give a s***.........I do not blame those parents for leaving the blues behind.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm 
John James

Left before half time for the first time ever. Was that pissed with what we dished out I refused to stay. It was a turning point for me. I don't think I can go to another game this year or until things improve. They have lost me

NB: I am not a fairweather supporter. Go to most games in Vic and have done so for 15 plus years

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:51 pm 
Ken Hands

I know this won't happen but I would like to see the match committee , all coaches and I mean all coaches, board members , leadership group and other senior people involved in the club be made sit down and read these comments and get a real understanding of the genuine hurt that members and supporters are feeling about this footy club at the moment , it's all well and good to get on the tele and tell them ( the media ) all the politically correct b.s and spin but I don't think they fully understand just how much people are hurting ( myself included ), Saturday's performance was just horrible to watch and I have seen some bad games played , I have faith in the kids we have drafted along with Crippa and Doc to lead them into the future , and am not interested in watching Rowe ect because I would like to think they will not be here next year ,I think with a full list like Marchbank , Williamson ect and some good recruiting we have an exciting future , just need to get through the rest of the year without to much damage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
The run home started the week after the bye and about half of us had the Freo game pencilled in as a win.
When do we play Freo?... because we didn't last week...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:19 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
If we can get a fit Murphy, Kennedy, Marchbank, Pickett on the field, our fortunes will change significantly. IMHO, we'll finish the season strongly and the game time we're getting into our kids will pay us back. I'm hoping to see TDK come in this week and hopefully Garlett gets his arse into gear and plays the footy he's capable of.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

Gold Coast and Freo (if Fyfe and Sandilands are gone) look like our only shots now.

Dogs, Brisbane and St Kilda looked a cut above us this week. While we were looking at green shoots, they all grew trees.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

8 games to go and 7 of them against teams not currently in the 8 and the 8th one is GWS who are in there by the skin of their teeth
We should win at least 3 to 4 of these if there has been any improvement at all
I have my doubts if we will win any