Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Outback Blue wrote:
I would like to apologize to all supporters for the insipid performance by the Blues.
My 10yr old son and I have made the 400km round trip twice this year to watch the boys play, which were the Gold Coast & Freo games.

We feel that we must be a bad omen and are the reason for their poor performance when we are in their presence.
We had plans to come down again this weekend to watch them take on Collingwood.

Feel assured the two of us have agreed, for the better of the club that we should stay away this weekend, and are sure that with is, you the supporters
will see a better performance against Collingwood !

Thanks OB & Son :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

B. Plowman Weitering Simpson
HB. Thomas Jones Silvagni
C. O'Brien Ed Curnow SPS
HF. Garlett Charlie Dow
F. Wright De Koning Pickett

R. Kreuzer Cripps Fisher

I. Kennedy Kerridge Polson Casboult

Our forward half has been too tall and lacking in ground ball winning ability. I'd isolate De Koning and Pickett down there and play the others outside 50.

We play the G well. I'll be expecting a very competitive showing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Great lineup BV, which is why it won't happen.

This selection committee refuses, REFUSES, to take a real punt on youth and an alternate game plan as you suggest. I would go the Schu as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:06 pm 
Bob Chitty

I like this team BV.

A really good mix.

Good blend of talls, inside mids and much more pace, which we will need against them.

Are you going to send to Bolts or do you want me to?

I will put your name to it though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:00 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Every single year my love for the game of footy takes a hit, yesterday was one the biggest hits that I can recall. I have memories of watching almost every game, of every round. Nowadays some weeks go by without me watching any football at all.

Each and every year we're promised improvement and each and every year we walk away disappointed saying to ourselves 'Ah well, next year we'll be better' or 'More games into players X and Z'. Personally, I couldn't give a stuff about the priority pick, CFC have proven time and time again that we simply cannot develop them. You only need to look through our entire list and have a look where each player was drafted.

I plan on going to this game with a Collingwood friend of mine and I dare say, another performance like last week will be the tipping point where I finally move on from the sport all together. I'm not asking for a win, just effort and a clear indication of what our game plan actually is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:36 am 
Ken Hands

I have to travel all day for work this Sunday so will miss this game. Normally I'd do anything to change that - lie to the boss, whatever, as long as I get to see the Blues. Been stressing about it for weeks. Now I'm letting it go. Will catch up on it Sunday evening when I can. Hope it is not too awful.

Had pencilled in the Port game for my annual trip to Melbourne the following week. Got lucky last year with the one point GWS win. I might still go that week if the selected team looks more competitive.

If that first half effort from last week is repeated this week the booing will be worse. Hopefully that won't happen.

I'm also hoping that the players returning from injury over these couple of weeks all stay in the 2's until they have shown touch and enough match fitness.

Still possible to salvage something from this season if we can work to get our best possible team on the park, fit and in some sort of form for the last five games or so. But if you are a supporter doing it hard; don't take the kids for the next few weeks, and don't feel bad if you have grown too weary of the thrashings.

I think we've finally got some decent young talent and hope like hell we can develop them. Otherwise this is the darkest place I have been in following this club. The absolute pits.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:26 am 
Bruce Doull

Centenaryblue wrote:
I'm also hoping that the players returning from injury over these couple of weeks all stay in the 2's until they have shown touch and enough match fitness.

Agreed, not sure why Casboult came straight back in. It's not like we're scrambling for a spot in the finals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:57 am 
Craig Bradley

Only one change this week.

IN: Fair dinkum effort
OUT: His brother... Lazy shit effort

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:44 am 
Bert Deacon

we need to apply pressure from our fwd half .we cannot allow coll defenders to waltz out with no pressure .this is wer there attack starts and then to have either de goey or stephson in open space with 1v1 this is there game style . i want to see 90 tackles and bring in our quick players .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:12 am 
Geoff Southby

jamespul65 wrote:
we need to apply pressure from our fwd half .we cannot allow coll defenders to waltz out with no pressure .this is wer there attack starts and then to have either de goey or stephson in open space with 1v1 this is there game style . i want to see 90 tackles and bring in our quick players .

Yep ! we play that defensive pressure style game reasonably well.Anything else is beyond our capabilities.Dont care how ugly or scramble the game is.Just play to the limited strengths we have...................we can win this and cause a boilover if we stick to our guns.If we can't lift for this mob then we may as well call it a day...................its all above the shoulders,lift,we can do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

we should be playing harry every week.
love to see de koning in.
out kerridge!!
marchbank in if ready.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 am 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

Yep ! we play that defensive pressure style game reasonably well.Anything else is beyond our capabilities.Dont care how ugly or scramble the game is.Just play to the limited strengths we have...................we can win this and cause a boilover if we stick to our guns.If we can't lift for this mob then we may as well call it a day...................its all above the shoulders,lift,we can do it.

I love your optimism Mickstar but based on this years form I can't see how we can win this one, even with our so called 'A' game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
Only one change this week.

IN: Fair dinkum effort
OUT: His brother... Lazy shit effort

Wouldn’t have thought they were related.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
B. Plowman Weitering Simpson
HB. Thomas Jones Silvagni
C. O'Brien Ed Curnow SPS
HF. Garlett Charlie Dow
F. Wright De Koning Pickett

R. Kreuzer Cripps Fisher

I. Kennedy Kerridge Polson Casboult

Our forward half has been too tall and lacking in ground ball winning ability. I'd isolate De Koning and Pickett down there and play the others outside 50.

We play the G well. I'll be expecting a very competitive showing.

I would go with that accept I would have Harry instead of Levi or Phillips and play Kruez forward and Cunningham instead of Kerridge
I would try SPS as a permanent Small forward
I would tell Polson to tackle tackle tackle

Try something different

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:08 pm 
Horrie Clover

Lamb - Pickett
Kerridge - Kennedy
Kerr - Mckay
Kerridge - Cunningham (or shaw if DC still injured)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

BIBI01 wrote:
Lamb - Pickett
Kerridge - Kennedy
Kerr - Mckay

Do you have something against people whose name begins with Kerr?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

Would be pretty sweet if we can get two 'ins' for one 'out'. About time the AFL's makey-uppy worked to our benefit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:06 pm 
Horrie Clover

DesEnglish wrote:
BIBI01 wrote:
Lamb - Pickett
Kerridge - Kennedy
Kerr - Mckay

Do you have something against people whose name begins with Kerr?

just their kicking

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:08 pm 
Horrie Clover

BIBI01 wrote:
Lamb - Pickett
Kerridge - Kennedy
Kerr - Mckay

sadly can't drop kerridge twice, should be Rowe :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

The footage of Rowe and Kerridge last night on OTC was damning. Cannot possibly be selected to play this week.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next