Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bmaurizio wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
I actually think we can win 3 of the next 4
Dreaming
1 if we are lucky
Freos midfield will carve us up and Mccarthy will get a bag
Pies are in a different league and pump us by 10 goals plus
Port are flat track bullies Gray and Westhoff will kick 3 each and Dixon will bag 6
Lion will jump out the blocks and be up by 50 at half time Zorko will have a million disposals we will craw back in 2 nd half and lose by 30

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

FREO: McCarthy isn't playing Seniors. They've won one game not played in the West this year, against Gold Coast. They average only 54 points away from home. If Sandilands comes back in he's likely to be underdone.

It's our mids that are impotent. They can't get it up to the forwards.

PIES: These games can go either way. I'm not saying we're a monty or anything, but you never know.

PORT: Port are only 2-2 away from home. They can blow hot and cold. They haven't played at the 'G all season.

LIONS: They're a bit of a bogey side, sure, but if we've come through the previous three games in decent form, I back us in.

Let's just say my optimism stands in relief to your pessimism.

Optimism is great, but reality rules , Freo perhaps, but don't hold your breath, Pies and Port, we'll give us a belting. Lions at the Gabba are very staunch , expect a battle , especially aganist the weaker sides, it will be very hard expecting Gabba to swing result their way.
At very best 1 out of 4, The Boys can defend courageously and effectively at times against most teams but we can't score, our forwards are haphazard and impotent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:34 pm 
John James

Their defence will be severely undermanned this week. Hopefully Casboult and Curnow can take advantage. Walters is a massive out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
scottopee wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
I actually think we can win 3 of the next 4

We are lucky to kick 70points a game and you think we can win 3 out of 4??

The way footy is 70 points right now gives you a chance..lol.

I did say lucky to get to 70 :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:01 am 
formerly King Kenny

Michael Johnson suspended in the WAFL too. Freo very low on KPD this week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:36 am 
Horrie Clover

Fyfe will go nuts in this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 am 
Robert Walls

So does curnow play on fyfe?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 am 
formerly BlueRob

Kreuzer won't win any hitouts against Sandilands. He needs to work hard all around the grounds ... take as many marks as he can ... make Sandilands run.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigBlueWave wrote:
Kreuzer won't win any hitouts against Sandilands. He needs to work hard all around the grounds ... take as many marks as he can ... make Sandilands run.

... and hit Sandi with a good hip and shoulder or two.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 am 
formerly King Kenny

Bluey44 wrote:
So does curnow play on fyfe?

Fyfe can’t beat 18 players.

Curnow could kick 5 this week up forward with Freo’s defence light on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 am 
Robert Walls

BigBlueWave wrote:

No guarantee Sandi plays. And Kreuzer must be looking to bounce back after an average game against Sinclair. You'd almost pencil him in for B.O.G.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:29 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sandi usually kicks a couple against us. The Colossus of Freo.
Kreuzer will have his work cut out again this week.
I think we can win it but their beating Adelaide last week makes it interesting. If we roll them up, we should be able to win a few more before the year is out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

BigBlueWave wrote:

If we're looking for someone to compete against a dominant ruckman, then perhaps Phillips is the better option. He was good against Natanui, and he's better as a 'pure' ruckman.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 pm 
Bruce Comben

The Age reporting Crippa and Charlie told the club they will be staying at Princes Park. Cripps for a further two years until the end of 2021, while Curnow has agreed to a four-year extension until the end of 2023. They are out of contract when both free agents

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Stefchook wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

If we're looking for someone to compete against a dominant ruckman, then perhaps Phillips is the better option. He was good against Natanui, and he's better as a 'pure' ruckman.

Heresy
True but heresy to the masses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:55 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Sandi usually kicks a couple against us. The Colossus of Freo.

If by usually you mean once, then you’re right. He kicked 2 against us seven years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:08 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

Heresy
True but heresy to the masses.

Kreuzer is much better around the ground than Phillips, IMO.
I’d say he was the best ‘around the ground’ ruckman in the comp last season.
Whilst he hasn’t recaptured that form this season, he has still been pretty good in most games he has played.
Even last week, where Sinclair took the points, Kreuzer was still pretty good around the ground.
So, given that none of our ruckman will beat Sandi in hit outs, I think Kreuzer at least has the chance to beat him around the ground.
Not sure on what basis you think that Phillips is better than Kreuzer around the ground?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Kruezer forward at every opportunity and stretch the defence.
Question is whether we can win it out of the midfield and deliver..

Go you good things

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm 
Craig Bradley

Stefchook wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

No 2nd rucks, in Sandilands case you just set up to rove to him so have the extra mid instead. Froe often lose the clearance count. In the end it's not the taps it's the clearances. Phillips wouldn't win many taps anyway against Sandilands plus he gives very little around the ground.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mark Stevens
‏ @Stevo7AFL
now

Teams: Billings, Armitage back for Saints ... Casboult returns for Blues, Dusty a lock .. all the details @7NewsMelbourne soon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Fremantle will see the return of three star players when taking on Carlton at Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

Captain Nat Fyfe will play his 150th game when he re-joins the Fremantle starting 22 after missing a game due to suspension.

Ruckman Aaron Sandilands (concussion) and midfielder Stephen Hill (quad) will also make their returns from injury.

The trio combine for 610 games of experience.

Sandilands has missed the past two weeks since sustaining the concussion in round 12 against North Melbourne.

The 35-year-old trails only Melbourne’s Max Gawn in average hitouts (40.5) and hitouts to advantage (14.2) per game this season.

Hill has been in and out of the Fremantle lineup due to quad issues, playing seven games and averaging 18.3 disposals.

Michael Walters (suspended), Alex Pearce (thumb) and Scott Jones (omitted) are Fremantle’s outs.

Bouncedown for the clash is at 1.45pm EST (11.45am WST).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next