Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-0 ... de-round-6

Quote:
JOIN us at Ikon Park for our last home game of the 2018 AFLW season, with the Blues set to do battle with Melbourne in our CARLTON RESPECTS themed match.

AFLW ROUND 6
Carlton v Melbourne
Sunday 11 March
Ikon Park at 4:35pm AEDT

COST
FREE entry

FORECAST
A top of 29 degrees – partly cloudy with the chance of a shower.

LAST TIME THEY MET
Round 4, 2017 – Casey Fields
Melbourne def. Carlton 6.6 (42) to 5.6 (36)

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/970950518179680256

Safe to say the wind is out of our sail now?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:16 am 
Ken Hunter

Would be nice to get off the bottom of the ladder.

Although next week's game will be the battle for the spoon.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

No idea some of these 'players'.

At least we beat Collingwood.

Will Keeping be kept?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

It seems David Parkin and John Elliott were in charge of List Management and Player Development of the Women’s side - no draft please we’re Carlton

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

It seems David Parkin and John Elliott were in charge of List Management and Player Development of the Women’s side - no draft please we’re Carlton

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We’re getting smashed but we’re not getting any love from the umpires

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hello you idiots in green - we’re wearing the Navy Blue jumpers

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

So WTF has happened to this team? It can’t just be losing Davey and TC sponsoring Keryk...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:

Did I see a Melbourne player take their free kick from outside the boundary line, fail to kick it in to play (ie kick it into the crowd), and then the boundary umpire throw it in?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

What sort of a home game has music playing after the opposition scores a goal?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:24 pm 
Wayne Johnston

The more AFLW games I see the worse it looks. The difference between the few good players and the majority is huge, Tayla Harris and Darcie play on a completely different level to the rest.
I can’t see how they’ll sustain even this level of poor skill if they introduce more teams. They’d be better off cutting a few teams and building the overall skill level.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We have to hit the draft next year and get as many 18 year olds out of the TAC system as possible.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:10 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

bluedog wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Did I see a Melbourne player take their free kick from outside the boundary line, fail to kick it in to play (ie kick it into the crowd), and then the boundary umpire throw it in?

Yes, that is a rule though, you just don't see it much.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

drunkill wrote:
bluedog wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Yes, that is a rule though, you just don't see it much.

But what about the 'last touch' rule? It mustn't come into play in this situation. :confused:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:00 am 
Adrian Gallagher

Apparently not, it didn't go out of bounds because the ball never re-entered play, it stayed outside and a ballup is called at the new location.

I hope the last touch rule is dropped for next season, it is terrible and even the abc commentators were bashing it during the call today, given it was put into effect 5 or 6 times.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:12 am 
Ken Hunter

drunkill wrote:
Apparently not, it didn't go out of bounds because the ball never re-entered play, it stayed outside and a ballup is called at the new location.

I hope the last touch rule is dropped for next season, it is terrible and even the abc commentators were bashing it during the call today, given it was put into effect 5 or 6 times.

Throw-in?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:20 am 
Wayne Johnston

drunkill wrote:

How can there be a new location if it never re-entered play? That’s the bit I didn’t understand.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 pm 
Robert Walls

sinbagger wrote:
The more AFLW games I see the worse it looks. The difference between the few good players and the majority is huge, Tayla Harris and Darcie play on a completely different level to the rest.
I can’t see how they’ll sustain even this level of poor skill if they introduce more teams. They’d be better off cutting a few teams and building the overall skill level.

I'm a big fan of the league, but I have similar concerns. I expected the standard to improve this season, but it hasn't. It's dropped, because clubs spent their pre-season drilling players on how to stop the opposition, not to improve their own play. As a result too many games are a slog.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:46 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bluechampion wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

I'm a big fan of the league, but I have similar concerns. I expected the standard to improve this season, but it hasn't. It's dropped, because clubs spent their pre-season drilling players on how to stop the opposition, not to improve their own play. As a result too many games are a slog.

AFL have been too slow to act on negative coaching that ruins the spectacle. They've been asleep at the wheel in both the mens and womens.

Signs are Stephen Hocking might be onto it though. Hope it's not too late.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

Rexy wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

AFL have been too slow to act on negative coaching that ruins the spectacle. They've been asleep at the wheel in both the mens and womens.

Signs are Stephen Hawking might be onto it though. Hope it's not too late.

Alas, it is. :cry: