Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Three from three would be nice.

Eight day break compared to six for the Lions.

Return of Arnell?

Harris and Davey out?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 am 
Bert Deacon

bluedog wrote:
Harris and Davey out?
Whatever Davey has done looks like a season ender and you'd think Harris would miss at least one, if not more (dare I say 1-2 weeks). Hopefully not two season enders.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

I don’t know what the biggest curse is. Being sponsored by TC or being our best player.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:00 pm 
Robert Walls

Good question: I have no answer. I can only hope that Harris can come up with the extra break. You wouldn't want to put money on it, though.
Losing Davey is very hard. We played poorly last year without her. The present AFLW lists simply do not have the depth to cover one of the game's best players. It is hard enough for the guys: notice how 'well' we played without Judd a few years back.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Davey is a confirmed ACL injury. Bummer and best of luck to her for her recovery

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:08 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

CARLTON'S ROUND 3 AFLW TEAM:
Backs: D. Hardiman, K. Gillespie-Jones

Half-backs: R. Hicks, K. Harrington, A. Downie

Mids: G. Pound, S. Li, G. Gee

Half-forwards: K. Shierlaw, T. Harris, N. Stevens

Forwards: D. Vescio, K. Loynes

Followers: B. Moody, S. Hosking, M. Gay

Interchange: L. Brazzale, T. Lucas-Rodd, K. Grieve, J. Hosking, S. Audley

Emergency: S. Last, N. Plane

CHANGES:
Out: B. Davey (knee), S. Last (omitted)

In: K. Grieve, K. Gillespie-Jones

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-0 ... ay-to-play

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

Curse continues

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:44 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

this aint good so far

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Girls are to small keep getting pushed off the ball

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

some of these turnovers :yikes:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:03 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Reminds me of my U15 games, big pack following the ball and so many fumbles with a couple of big players dominating with their bulk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:13 pm 
Wayne Johnston

They have to take the 50 metre penalty out of AFLW, it’s a ridiculously harsh penalty in a game where most can barely kick 30 metres.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Should play on AFLX type fields

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
They have to take the 50 metre penalty out of AFLW, it’s a ridiculously harsh penalty in a game where most can barely kick 30 metres.
3 x 50s..3 goals.
We were outplayed.. Not only bigger bodies, but got killed in the air.... and kicking skills

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

Was at the game, couldn’t miss the opportunity given we were in Melb to move our eldest two into the uni accomodation.

Skills were the difference, whenever Carlton kicked the ball it was more likely to hit a Brisbane player than Carlton, and the shooting at goal followed the same theme. Brisbane just cleaner and able to find players and the middle of the goals.
The umpiring was as consistent as Carlton’s disposal, IE not very.

I did enjoy seeing them have a fair dinkum dip and deliver some fierce tackles and hits.

Lil’ Miss Wojee II was in tears after the game but she decided she wants ‘3’ on her next footy jumper.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:02 am 
Bert Deacon

I went along last night too, my daughters were in the Lions' guard of honour, which was a rare highlight on the night for me as a Carlton supporter. Call me Captain Obvious but we missed Davey badly sweeping. Thought Stevens moving back there might go some way to filling that gap, but she didn't seem to get enough of it for me and Lord help us it was up there a lot. The knock on from that was that we missed her delivery forward of centre, it seemed like there wasn't an awful lot of method on those rare occasions we went inside our 50 (I'm sure Harris and Vescio noticed too). All too often the defence would hold firm against an extended Lions attack, eventually create the turnover but then show a total lack of poise by blasting it out without a look and give it straight back, quite frustrating to watch.

All that said, we were only a goal down early in the last before the wheels fell off. Nice game from Maddy Gay, looks a find. Moody looked good early, Audley solid and love the way Loynes goes about it. Not enough output from the Hoskings (both had been superb in the wins), Vescio, Harris, Stevens - all the names you'd expect to be doing more. And where's Arnell? Is she injured? They're still alive in the grander scheme of things but they'd want to do things differently from here on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:27 am 
Stephen Silvagni

How about Vescio goes back into Davey's sweeping role and we go with Harris and Shierlaw up forward as our main targets ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:18 am 
Bruce Doull

Harris needs some goal kicking practice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 am 
Ken Hunter

snakehips wrote:
And where's Arnell? Is she injured?

From Captain to nothing.

A little strange indeed.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:58 am 
Bert Deacon

Rexy wrote:
How about Vescio goes back into Davey's sweeping role and we go with Harris and Shierlaw up forward as our main targets ?
Definitely worth considering, they need to try something. The knock on Vescio from what I've seen is that she simply doesn't get it enough, which is not always her own doing (à la last night). I'd want someone like her, who is usually pretty clean with hands, a good mark and a reliable kick, to have it as much as possible. Maybe that sweeping role is the way to go. Of course, the counter argument is that it takes a fair chunk of potency away from the forward line.

As for Shierlaw, I'm not sold on her as a forward. Doesn't appear to be the strongest mark and is pretty much out of the equation once it hits the deck. I'd be tempted to give Downie a crack in that role instead. Reckon she's a better mark, a bit harder and more mobile - but maybe she's needed elsewhere?