Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:36 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
We played a zone. Other clubs are still playing direct match ups. That may give the impression of "dropping players back"
Perhaps we should have focussed more on skill improvement over the off season instead of tactical improvements. Although Collingwood were poor on Friday night. They still moved busted us open and out-played us when they got the ball out wide. Their chains of play were quite impressive at times where we relied more on grunt and direct play.

Playing zones is ridiculous and way OTT for this competition. A massive *whoosh* at the coach.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

@#$%&! sell the game. These are the pioneering years. Get the supporter base hooked. Then zone the @#$%&! out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

And if a team does not comply with the 5/6/5 formation at centre bounces, they forfeit the game?

JOKE.

Competition should be renamed AuskickW.

But I will watch.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

NEAR-FUTURE HEADLINE: Carlton kills women’s footy

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:28 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

The AFL has a duty to ensure the game is entertaining to watch. This step by Hocking is long overdue. So many aspects of the AFL are a turn-off so I welcome his intervention and hope it shakes up the selfish coaches in the mens game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

Rexy wrote:
The AFL has a duty to ensure the game is entertaining to watch. This step by Hocking is long overdue. So many aspects of the AFL are a turn-off so I welcome his intervention and hope it shakes up the selfish coaches in the mens game.

By 'selfish', do you mean the coaches who do whatever they think will give their team the best chance of winning?

If the AFL believe certain things will make the game more entertaining to watch, maybe the rules and playing conditions need to be further revised. But asking/insisting that teams play with a different style is ridiculous.

Imagine throwing a team out of a competition, who, despite winning regularly, were simply boring. :grin:

As Carlton captain Davey said, '...we don't really care about what it looks like, as long as we're getting that win.'

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-02-07/davey-speaks-at-pride-launch?camefrom=EMCL_2090659_87055978

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:21 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bluedog wrote:
Rexy wrote:

By 'selfish', do you mean the coaches who do whatever they think will give their team the best chance of winning?

If the AFL believe certain things will make the game more entertaining to watch, maybe the rules and playing conditions need to be further revised. But asking/insisting that teams play with a different style is ridiculous.

Imagine throwing a team out of a competition, who, despite winning regularly, were simply boring. :grin:

As Carlton captain Davey said, '...we don't really care about what it looks like, as long as we're getting that win.'

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-02-07/davey-speaks-at-pride-launch?camefrom=EMCL_2090659_87055978

well she can enjoy the win... with nobody watching

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:42 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

CARLTON'S ROUND 2 AFLW TEAM:
Backs: A. Downie, B. Davey

Half-backs: R. Hicks, D. Hardiman, T. Lucas-Rodd

Mids: G. Pound, S. Audley, S. Li

Forwards: G. Gee, D. Vescio

Half-forwards: T. Harris, K. Harrington, N. Stevens

Followers: K. Shierlaw, S. Hosking, L. Brazzale

Interchange: M. Gay, S. Last, B. Moody, J. Hosking, K. Loynes

Emergency: K. Gillespie-Jones

IN: Hicks, Lucas-Rodd, Last

OUT: Arnell, Plane, Gillespie-Jones (all omitted)

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-0 ... ee-changes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

Arnell fall from grace

TalkingCarlton curse also still in effect

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:22 pm 
Laurie Kerr

I'd think the umps could pay more free kicks to keep the play open. In the games I saw on TV last weekend there were numerous times that an infringement in the pack could have been paid but was let go ( e.g in the back or improper disposal etc). Unfortunately the players were not able to clear the ball from the pack and eventually resulted in a ball-up. Regularly another pack formed from the ball-up.

The intensity at the player and the ball is very good and should be commended but perhaps is too good at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

grrofunger wrote:
Arnell fall from grace

TalkingCarlton curse also still in effect

But I remember hearing Keeping say that he was very happy indeed with her game (despite no disposals).

(Or did he say that at halftime?)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

Lonny Mac wrote:
I'd think the umps could pay more free kicks to keep the play open. In the games I saw on TV last weekend there were numerous times that an infringement in the pack could have been paid but was let go ( e.g in the back or improper disposal etc). Unfortunately the players were not able to clear the ball from the pack and eventually resulted in a ball-up. Regularly another pack formed from the ball-up.

The intensity at the player and the ball is very good and should be commended but perhaps is too good at the moment.

You'd have to wonder about the list of instructions/directives/bullshit that the umpires are delivered from higher authority prior to each round/game. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

TV Guide says its on 7mate live and free - but Im watching Wild Hogs :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:36 pm 
formerly King Kenny

If I took a shot for every sexual
Pun in the commentary, I’d be smashed.

Lucky the AFL, implemented the rain rule.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

Well done Blues!

Bad luck Skip.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Determined effort, well fought out by the girls in challenging conditions. Have to admire their passion. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 pm 
Robert Walls

@#$%&!, what a mess.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 pm 
formerly King Kenny

We dominated, should have won by 4-5 goals at the end. Sarah Hosking is a great player.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Was there with my two youngest daughters.

Have to say if the AFL want to have a crack at the way our girls play the need to have good hard @#$%&! look at the umpires and the tactics GWS employed against Darcy V for starters. You want us to score more then look at the crap behind the play.

Full credit to GWS girls post game. My youngest loves her signed cap and the attention she received.

Much fuller credit goes to the Carlton girls though. Took time for photos with my youngest and the Darcy took time with my 15 yo daughter who idolises her to have her photo with both kids. Best thing was Katie Loynes took it and gave the phone back obviously. I thought she had trouble with the phone until I look at the pics - 2 great photos with my girls and Darcy and the final was a big thumbs us selfie of herself.

PS The passion they play with seeing Darcy in tears post game because of Bri Davey's injury leaves me sure we are heading the right direction.