Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Terrible. I don't know half the faces. Showing my age I guess. :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

billc3 wrote:
Garlett

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Agree

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:47 am 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Agree. You'd have thought given our list and weaknesses up front he will be given a lot of chance in the first half of the year. He will be in the R1 team (hoepfully).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

i'm looking forward to a pickett breakout year, but he needs to play through the middle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

redback wrote:
i'm looking forward to a pickett breakout year, but he needs to play through the middle
I expect so...

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Byrne. Need Ciaran to step up and show that he’s a senior player with Docherty out for the year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Kouta wrote:
Byrne. Need Ciaran to step up and show that he’s a senior player with Docherty out for the year.

Over the previous 2 years it was obvious Byrne had passed Sheehan as the heir apparent for Simpson's role, and now that Docherty is out for the year, he's the heir of that position too.

With the influx of new kids and recruits such as Williamson, Garlett, OBrien, Shaw and Mullett, Byrne has been lost in all the excitement, nevertheless, I still have him in my first 18 in the backline, for 2018, along with Simpson.

Injury has stopped Byrne from showing off his athleticism, ability and continuity.

Good point Kouta. Byrne's year to step up. Good luck to him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:25 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Kouta wrote:

Over the previous 2 years it was obvious Byrne had passed Sheehan as the heir apparent for Simpson's role, and now that Docherty is out for the year, he's the heir of that position too.

With the influx of new kids and recruits such as Williamson, Garlett, OBrien, Shaw and Mullett, Byrne has been lost in all the excitement, nevertheless, I still have him in my first 18 in the backline, for 2018, along with Simpson.

Injury has stopped Byrne from showing off his athleticism, ability and continuity.

I think Mullet will tale Doc's role and I think long term, Williamson will take Simmo's.
Byrne is like Vinnie Cattoggio. He's more of a burst player from what I have seen. I doubt if he has the footy smarts to play the general just yet as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:38 am 
Bruce Comben

I'm not sure whether Picket will get enough ball to breakthrough.

I reckon Cunningham will step up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Kouta wrote:

I think Mullet will tale Doc's role and I think long term, Williamson will take Simmo's.
Byrne is like Vinnie Cattoggio. He's more of a burst player from what I have seen. I doubt if he has the footy smarts to play the general just yet as well.

:eek:

Are you sure you've got the right bloke?

I'm finding it hard to select Doch's replacement other than to say Simmo will know how to play the role.

As for Byrne, he's shown he can muster 9 possessions in a quarter, take marks, take long runs...he's shown great understanding of the game.

Willo played a lot last year. Maybe because Byrne was out? Its a tough one, but a lot of water to go under the bridge. Willo will have to be something special to keep a HB/ wing spot with the influx of class from OBrien Garlett Pickett Fisher....then there's Schoacher, a similar draft selection to Willo, saster, strong but is 2 sided and has a booming kick on him too.

A bit early to call. Nevertheless Im glad you have made a call.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Kouta wrote:

I'm finding it hard to select Doch's replacement other than to say Simmo will know how to play the role.

As for Byrne, he's shown he can muster 9 possessions in a quarter, take marks, take long runs...he's shown great understanding of the game.

Willo played a lot last year. Maybe because Byrne was out? Its a tough one, but a lot of water to go under the bridge. Willo will have to be something special to keep a HB/ wing spot with the influx of class from OBrien Garlett Pickett Fisher....then there's Schoacher, a similar draft selection to Willo, saster, strong but is 2 sided and has a booming kick on him too.

Yes, I think so.
Vin was quick and burst in and out of the game. He didn't have a huge tank. That's what I see in Byrne. he gets a few quick possies here and there. Not like Doc or Simmo, both of whom have pretty decent stamina.
Don't be to tough on me, Bondi...Remember I only see it on the small screen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Kouta wrote:

Yes, I think so.
Vin was quick and burst in and out of the game. He didn't have a huge tank. That's what I see in Byrne. he gets a few quick possies here and there. Not like Doc or Simmo, both of whom have pretty decent stamina.
Don't be to tough on me, Bondi...Remember I only see it on the small screen.

No problem BS.

I dont know how you come to such a conclusion from the tv screen.

2 years ago Byrne was training really hard over the preseason and there was a chance he could play on a wing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:24 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Jeez! How did that 'to' in my previous post go through to the keeper? Moshe must be on holidays in Tibet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:42 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Beg your indulgences.... it's just this thread each year that I go through to give me hope year on year.

2019, pre-trade, looks really interesting to me as more and more of our 'kids' and 'recruits not quite used by other clubs but let's give them a go anyway' hit the 20-50 game mark. For our 5-30 gamers, or even those on the list for a while, we do still have some pretty big upside for next year particularly if there is competition for spots:

http://www.blueseum.org/2019+Playing+List

Players on list 0-30 games, pre list finalisation:

- Byrne .... touch and go if he stays but a very solid last month. AFL quality
- Cuningham ... shocking 2018
- Tom .... young ruck, give a few years (2 games)
- Paddy ... 20 games..... future star
- Garlett .... hmmmm
- Kerr .... 4 games.... forward line looking crowded for him right now.... just go back and star in the VFL
- Macreadie.... 8 games.... horrific run with injuries but I like what I see
- Harry .... 15 games.... full year in the 1s coming up
- O'BRien.... running machine
- Pickett .... 17 games after 4 years on a list!
- Polson - 13 games
- Willow - 15 games in.... hoping for a big year

Note - Fish at 30 and SPS at 42

Still lots of upside there and hopefully 2-3 clear breakthrough years in 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6