Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:40 am 
Robert Walls

aboynamedsue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
BTW did anyone attend the member forum?

I did. CL was quite impressive, as you’d expect. He mentioned he wants to get some demographers in to help increase membership. He said Carlton is really strong in the over 40 year olds (adults who experienced the good times and stayed loyal) and the under 20s (kids of the aforementioned 40+ year olds). Where we have a massive hole in our membership is the 20-40 year old age bracket.

At least he has one obvious insight so far, which is above par for recent Carlton administrations.
Looking forward to see how far he can lift us
Good luck CL :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Over 40's rusted on, under 20's, rusted on Dad or Mum still paying for membership telling them about the glory days. 20-40's have to put hand in pocket, plus still pissed off with salary cap penalties plus no games at our original home ground. These reasons not to buy a membership might diminish with some sustained success.
Save yourself using a consultant.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

woof wrote:
Over 40's rusted on, under 20's, rusted on Dad or Mum still paying for membership telling them about the glory days. 20-40's have to put hand in pocket, plus still pissed off with salary cap penalties plus no games at our original home ground. These reasons not to buy a membership might diminish with some sustained success.

For those that still attend matches at Etihad/MCG and used to attend matches at PP, how can the current matchday experience replicate as close as possible to the old home game vibe ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

Try we start winning.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
woof wrote:

For those that still attend matches at Etihad/MCG and used to attend matches at PP, how can the current matchday experience replicate as close as possible to the old home game vibe ?

They can't!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

woof wrote:

Right on Woof.

Period of mediocrity in every area...and 20 years long

The 2 finals series with Judd was a blink.

Sustained success will build loyalty.

20-40 yo's will put their hands in their pocket when they get value.
Many of those have gone a different direction/ addiction.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:03 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

X2. They cannot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

However the winning feeling is the same wherever you are.
So building towards that is most important. Patience is essential and is there as long as we trust the process and those implementing it. As we are human this trust can waver and patience ebbs and flows.
Working toward regaining PP would generate a lot of excitement. A dominant Carlton though, and not where we play is what will increase membership.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Regaining an upgraded PP will definitely generate excitement , fervour and a dominant Carlton too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bmaurizio wrote:
Regaining an upgraded PP will definitely generate excitement , fervour and a dominant Carlton too.

Sounds good.

PP needs to seat 50,000 members plus visitors for a Carlton on the up: a successful Carlton.

That looks like the MCG is the only place of iots kind.

Tiger Army is huge when Tigers are purring.
Blues Army is there in the background.

I remember games in the late 70's, 80's & 90's when Carlton support outnumbered Tigers.
It all started in the mid 60's.

For Bolton era it only started 2 years ago.
Things improving fast at Carlton, as was the case post '64.

Can't wait to see who the Free Agent and Major Trade coup is at the end of 2018.

Liddle is coming into his role at the right time: a club on the rise.

Now, give us Princes Park against interstate 8 teams for a start: WA x 2, SA x 2, NSW x 2, QLD x 2.

Princes Park should be upgraded to hold 60,000.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:39 am 
Rod Ashman

I’m 20-40. Couldn’t give a flying Hird about PP. My experience is that younger fans don’t care about traditional suburban footy. They want a quality brand of footy, played in a comfortable and modern stadium, with modern facilities.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 am 
Bruce Doull

cecil89 wrote:
I’m 20-40. Couldn’t give a flying Hird about PP. My experience is that younger fans don’t care about traditional suburban footy. They want a quality brand of footy, played in a comfortable and modern stadium, with modern facilities.

I think many of the "kids" from my era forget this. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

cecil89 wrote:

We need to bring forward our grass roots and PP will help to launch us into the future, make us dominant again.
I think younger fans will gravitate to character and tradition that's evident all through out the ground.
Revamped and refreshed it would be an amazing asset to our team, fans young and old alike, giving a sense of pride, connection and a primordial buzz difficult to express.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:38 pm 
Rod McGregor

cecil89 wrote:

I'm in that age bracket and I care about it. Grew up going to PP every second week until I was 22 and football has never been the same since. Hate Etihad.

On that note, I always consider Rd 21 2004 to be the last proper game there - plus we won. The festivities and the unusual seat I had at the farewell game made it an odd day.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

cecil89 wrote:
SCG, Adelaide oval, Gabba are all that... Such a joy to watch footy there
:wink:

Go you good things

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 pm 
Ken Hands

Nothing beats having a kick on the ground after the siren until it gets too dark while trying to emulate your heros. I went to the Carlton/Collingwood women's game last season, it was a lock out and my kids loved the old ground the atmosphere and noise was phenomenal as was the ability to have a kick on the ground after the game, it was memorable.
This will bring passion back, not the sterile bullshit we see at shithad and at the mcg. Even 2-3 games at PP per year against the GC, GWS, Brisbane, Port, FREO would be fantastic and will draw crowds to such poorly attended games.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:56 am 
Robert Walls

Well that's easily fixed then.

Just stick 30 thousand more seats up on the roof of each stand, and we can start playing our home games there again!

Have kmart got a sale on folding chairs at the moment?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 am 
Ken Hunter

dablues wrote:
Nothing beats having a kick on the ground after the siren until it gets too dark while trying to emulate your heros. I went to the Carlton/Collingwood women's game last season, it was a lock out and my kids loved the old ground the atmosphere and noise was phenomenal as was the ability to have a kick on the ground after the game, it was memorable.
This will bring passion back, not the sterile bullshit we see at shithad and at the mcg. Even 2-3 games at PP per year against the GC, GWS, Brisbane, Port, FREO would be fantastic and will draw crowds to such poorly attended games.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 41  Next