Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Wow. That will shut a few up. Maybe.

I am pleased to inform you that Cain Liddle has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of the Carlton Football Club.

A panel comprising David Campbell, of Egon Zehnder, and Club directors Kate Jenkins, Chris Judd and myself was formed to conduct a thorough, extensive interview and selection process. We are fortunate to have secured Cain as the Club’s new CEO.

Currently, Cain is the Chief Customer Officer at the Richmond Football Club and Managing Director of Aligned Leisure. He will commence in the role of Carlton CEO on Monday 13th November.

Cain joined the Richmond Football Club in 2010 where his portfolio included membership, retail, licensing, ticketing and corporate revenues and was responsible for the creation and management of non-traditional revenue streams. He has been instrumental in the development of Richmond’s education and training business.

Cain spent eight years as an Assistant Coach with the Calder Cannons and Vic Metro in the under 18 National Championships. He also played four senior games for the Geelong Football Club during the 1994 and 1995 seasons.

He brings a wealth of commercial and consumer experience and will be integral in leading the Club to its next level of success.

I look forward to introducing you to Cain at the member forum on Wednesday 29 November 29. There will be additional correspondence in relation to this event shortly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 am 
Geoff Southby

Glad we didn’t go for the boys club option.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Well I’m surprised and seated.

:eek:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:52 am 
Bruce Doull

I eagerly await Caro’s reaction.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:55 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Wow indeed. Don't know a thing about Cain but he seems able...

I wish him well. Great time to step into this role.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:56 am 
Harry Vallence

Hopefully this independent and researched choice will shuttle a few traps around the place.
Judd and now Liddle as CEO astute selection we need some commercial enterprise and more memberships.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hopefully this is just the start of us going against what's generally expected of us. In the positive of course.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:02 pm 
John James

Where is Caro's arrow now??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Even better, we poached someone from Caro's club!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

At first glance I thought we had Chuck Liddle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:20 pm 
Bob Chitty

I was sad to see Trigg go but the fact that they've followed a thorough process to appoint someone gives me great confidence that it will be a positive move.

Clearly what's been happening at Richmond in recent times has led to significant gains in membership numbers/revenue so there's no doubt he'll bring some good ideas and hopefully some clear direction.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:20 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

onya Kate ! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Nothing on The Age website yet.

EDIT: Now there's a headline about Lethlean not getting the job, not who actually got it.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Cool appointment.
Happy to see us going for the person more than the name. Another indicator that we have turned the corner towards a professional, modern football club.
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:13 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Wow. That will shut a few up. Maybe.

I am pleased to inform you that Cain Liddle has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of the Carlton Football Club.

A panel comprising David Campbell, of Egon Zehnder, and Club directors Kate Jenkins, Chris Judd and myself was formed to conduct a thorough, extensive interview and selection process. We are fortunate to have secured Cain as the Club’s new CEO.

Currently, Cain is the Chief Customer Officer at the Richmond Football Club and Managing Director of Aligned Leisure. He will commence in the role of Carlton CEO on Monday 13th November.

Cain joined the Richmond Football Club in 2010 where his portfolio included membership, retail, licensing, ticketing and corporate revenues and was responsible for the creation and management of non-traditional revenue streams. He has been instrumental in the development of Richmond’s education and training business.

Cain spent eight years as an Assistant Coach with the Calder Cannons and Vic Metro in the under 18 National Championships. He also played four senior games for the Geelong Football Club during the 1994 and 1995 seasons.

He brings a wealth of commercial and consumer experience and will be integral in leading the Club to its next level of success.

I look forward to introducing you to Cain at the member forum on Wednesday 29 November 29. There will be additional correspondence in relation to this event shortly.

I don't like that we have to wait 12 years to be introduced to him though.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:18 pm 
Robert Walls

For whatever reason I remember him playing against us. Went to footywire and he only played four games for Geelong and his best was against us in 1994. I hope we didn't hire on the "he played well against us" principle!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

(sorry, lost Rexy quote about Good on ya Kate....)

Yep.....

I thought she may have been in for a very embarrassing time....

Last edited by billc3 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:

I am tipping she'll write about us screwing Lethlean over after promising him the job

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

doofdoof wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

I am tipping she'll write about us screwing Lethlean over after promising him the job

That, or how we only backtracked after the leak.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:14 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

That, or how we only backtracked after the leak.

which might actually be accurate :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 816 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next