Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

AIRCAV wrote:
kezza wrote:
dane wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
If I was gay I'd just be pleased that this is even on the table. Taken thousands of years to get to this point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When many other countries have already legislated it?

And yet the AFL has a major sponsor in Etihad who's country has a law that it is illegal to be gay.

When you virtue signal, you are immune to hypocrisy.

I wonder if the AFL asked Basher Houli about his views on this subject.
Many Muslim countries have the death penalty for the "crime" of being gay.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
Equality of opportunity is the only equality we should endeavor for.

Ah, so you are pro-SSM after all!

Ahh, the logic of a child I see. Yeah you win a special snowflake medal.

Wow. First "strawman", now "snowflake". And resorting to personal insults to boot.

The trouble with people like you is, you think that just because you're entitled to an opinion, then that opinion must be respected.

Wrong. Your right to an opinion is to be respected, not the opinion itself. The opinion is only worthy of respect if you are able to back it up with some kind of logic or at least some convincing rhetoric.

You, however, go off on bizarre tangents about meritocracies - what that has to do with gay marriage is beyond me - and can't even see that your own quote above is about as blatant a pro-SSM declaration as you can get. That you can't appreciate the irony shows your complete lack of comprehension or a sense of humour. That you consistently resort to reactionary memes like "strawman" and "snowflake" shows that you have no debating skills whatsoever.

As Trump would say, this has been the worst conversation ever. Thanks a lot. *dial tone*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

GO BLUES !

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm glad I don't read the main board that much these days.

But I'll be voting yes, if my papers ever arrive. :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:

Wow. First "strawman", now "snowflake". And resorting to personal insults to boot.

The trouble with people like you is, you think that just because you're entitled to an opinion, then that opinion must be respected.

Wrong. Your right to an opinion is to be respected, not the opinion itself. The opinion is only worthy of respect if you are able to back it up with some kind of logic or at least some convincing rhetoric.

You, however, go off on bizarre tangents about meritocracies - what that has to do with gay marriage is beyond me - and can't even see that your own quote above is about as blatant a pro-SSM declaration as you can get. That you can't appreciate the irony shows your complete lack of comprehension or a sense of humour. That you consistently resort to reactionary memes like "strawman" and "snowflake" shows that you have no debating skills whatsoever.

As Trump would say, this has been the worst conversation ever. Thanks a lot. *dial tone*

The trouble with people like you is you presume to know what I think; and then you go on to project your own baseless assumptions and insecurities onto me , it's hilarious seeing you think you made some great point and then chortle that I don't understand irony lol.... I really despair for the sort of mind that immediately jumps to the blatant obvious wrong conclusions; refusing to look beyond the surface, but then again you don't actually have to do research when you have ideology, yeah best you do run along because you are way out of your league.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

What a load of drivel mate, seriously. If you can't make a coherent or relevant point, don't blame others for not "looking beneath the surface". This is a forum of people who mostly don't know each other personally, so you'll be judged on the content of what you say. I'm not going to bother with you further.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 pm 
Garry Crane

smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:

The trouble with people like you is you presume to know what I think; and then you go on to project your own baseless assumptions and insecurities onto me , it's hilarious seeing you think you made some great point and then chortle that I don't understand irony lol.... I really despair for the sort of mind that immediately jumps to the blatant obvious wrong conclusions; refusing to look beyond the surface, but then again you don't actually have to do research when you have ideology, yeah best you do run along because you are way out of your league.

Here here smithy. I'm on your page here. As you intimated, there is a bigger political correctness play going on here (eg. Can't boo Goodes cos of his heritage, even though you think he's a sh#t bloke....or diversity targets in the public sector, led by male CEO's). Whatever....I'm personally not bowing to bullies.

Bounce the ball and let these first world 'problems' momentarily be forgotten.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:

Yeah...nah...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

camelboy wrote:

I think they should all arrive by the 25th but if not there is a process to contact the ABS to get it.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Forget about the clubs position on same sex marriage, the club should make a statement apologizing to Carlton members and admitting it made a massive mistake in letting Betts go.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

"It's not alright to have let Betts go"?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Megaman wrote:
"It's not alright to have let Betts go"?

Vote Yes or No

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'll marry Eddie if he comes back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluechucky wrote:
camelboy wrote:

I think they should all arrive by the 25th but if not there is a process to contact the ABS to get it.

Yep, I'm on it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

BoundaryRider wrote:
Here here smithy. I'm on your page here. As you intimated, there is a bigger political correctness play going on here (eg. Can't boo Goodes cos of his heritage, even though you think he's a sh#t bloke....or diversity targets in the public sector, led by male CEO's). Whatever....I'm personally not bowing to bullies.

Bounce the ball and let these first world 'problems' momentarily be forgotten.

It's easy to dismiss this issue with a throwaway line that it's a first world problem if you're not going to be directly affected by the outcome.

Anyway, as grrofunger has eluded, the issue has been so poorly handled by our politicians (of all persuasions) it's probably best that we don't add to it here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

I thought that the oddest criticism of Carlton was that they were gutless and lacked courage in issuing a statement that didn't wholeheartedly support a very loud and very righteous chorus. Not supporting the mob may or may not be wise, but it certainly wasn't weak.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Spot on Big K.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I fully support the club's approach to this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm not going to tell anyone whether they should support the club or not.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Such a personal issue and a personal liberty to vote whichever way you choose. The club has taken an appropriate stance, to do anything else could have alienated and upset many members.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next