Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:40 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

nck wrote:
Rexy wrote:
nck wrote:
Blue Beatle wrote:
jim wrote:
Be interesting to know happened with Jaksch. Consistent multiple goalkicker when forward, good lead, great contested mark and beautiful kick. When in defence consistently takes marks. Form was rarely bad. Had to be attitude as form dictated he should've been in long ago.

Would like to hear what happened there.

heard from within the club that his "intensity" is not what they would like............whatever that means!!

It's not exactly that hard to work out, he doesn't train hard, he doesn't put in the extra hours to try and learn the gameplan, to study what he's meant to. I'd be fuming if the match committee gifted someone so completely undeserving of a game. Good riddance, he will never play AFL again.

do you know all that first hand ?

I won't go into how I know it but I don't go around pretending to know things.

a simple yes or no ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

2015 draft - Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cuningham, Silvagni.
2016 draft - SPS, Fisher, Williamson, Macreadie.

All playing on Sunday. Almost half a team in two drafts. Rebuild coming along nicely.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

You would think that's the end of Boeky
The ins are far stronger than the outs
If the likes of Williamson and Cunningham can run this out
We should win
Blues by 16 points with a first 100 point total in 27 matches

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

Glad to see H get a game, would have liked a bit more pace in the team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sin City wrote:
2015 draft - Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cuningham, Silvagni.
2016 draft - SPS, Fisher, Williamson, Macreadie.

All playing on Sunday. Almost half a team in two drafts. Rebuild coming along nicely.

Is that 9 players 20 and under?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rexy wrote:
Will be fascinating to see how Harry and Levi stay out of each others way. Hoping for no friendly fire injuries.
Yep... Fear Caz could snap Harry in two....

Agree, Boekhurst is stiff..... But this is a much better game (than Port) to see what a bunch of youngsters can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

With Tom and Macreadie in, have to see Doc mostly in the middle.. Good.
Expect to see a few rotate through there too... CCurnow, Wright etc... Interesting to see how this goes... And Good luck Harry!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:05 pm 
formerly King Kenny

A grand final preview for 3-4 years time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:25 pm 
Bob Chitty

jake_h03 wrote:
Very excited with those inclusions. Cuningham, Williamson, Macreadie, and McKay are the future and hopefully all long term players for us. Disappointed that Byrne is back out as I think he is a big part of our future as well.

I reckon Boekhorst is pretty unlucky, racked up 36 touches 2 weeks in a row in the 2's and I thought he held his own and was far from our worst on the weekend. Probably deserved another game IMO

Fair call re Boek but who should have missed in his place jake_h03?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:57 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Crippa wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Very excited with those inclusions. Cuningham, Williamson, Macreadie, and McKay are the future and hopefully all long term players for us. Disappointed that Byrne is back out as I think he is a big part of our future as well.

I reckon Boekhorst is pretty unlucky, racked up 36 touches 2 weeks in a row in the 2's and I thought he held his own and was far from our worst on the weekend. Probably deserved another game IMO

Fair call re Boek but who should have missed in his place jake_h03?

Boek is gone, trade or delist. Doesn't fit our profile of a player.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:10 pm 
Bob Chitty

Rexy wrote:
nck wrote:
Rexy wrote:
nck wrote:
Blue Beatle wrote:

heard from within the club that his "intensity" is not what they would like............whatever that means!!

It's not exactly that hard to work out, he doesn't train hard, he doesn't put in the extra hours to try and learn the gameplan, to study what he's meant to. I'd be fuming if the match committee gifted someone so completely undeserving of a game. Good riddance, he will never play AFL again.

do you know all that first hand ?

I won't go into how I know it but I don't go around pretending to know things.

a simple yes or no ?

Give him a break. That's was pretty close to simple yes to me.

I know we like to protect our own and it's a natural reaction to defend our boys when they are criticised. The good riddance part might be a little unessessary / over the top.

Criticise me all you want. I can take it :lol: here is what I heard....... nah changed my mind. Im too chicken.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:14 pm 
Bob Chitty

Im excited every week but I'm bursting out of my skin this week. Our ins make me smile. Win or lose this will be fun to watch. I'm sure of it!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:31 pm 
Robert Walls

Bolt from the Blue wrote:
What I feel we won't regret is our proven KP players and those not seen much, or at all.
If Jaksch was going to make it, it was forward with several backmen that have spots down there.
I still reckon McKay and Kerr will become best 22 players. And we know about Charlie and then there's SOS no. 2 still to come.
If we lose Casboult next year, however, then Jaksch might still be on the list in 2018.

All the ifs and buts about KJ are a waste of time as we will never know. He wasn't given a go and BB was not going to budge. There have been dozens of players with significantly less ability than KJ given every opportunity and no doubt, this will continue in the future

Really hope it doesn't come back to bite us if he does get another chance

Still, just out of curiousity, would love to know what has happened to make BB rate him so lowly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Here's what I've heard.......

apparently he puts too much salt in his pumpkin
soup...!

everyone knows it's add to personal taste...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:54 pm 
Bob Chitty

99prelim wrote:
Bolt from the Blue wrote:
What I feel we won't regret is our proven KP players and those not seen much, or at all.
If Jaksch was going to make it, it was forward with several backmen that have spots down there.
I still reckon McKay and Kerr will become best 22 players. And we know about Charlie and then there's SOS no. 2 still to come.
If we lose Casboult next year, however, then Jaksch might still be on the list in 2018.

All the ifs and buts about KJ are a waste of time as we will never know. He wasn't given a go and BB was not going to budge. There have been dozens of players with significantly less ability than KJ given every opportunity and no doubt, this will continue in the future

Really hope it doesn't come back to bite us if he does get another chance

Still, just out of curiousity, would love to know what has happened to make BB rate him so lowly

I think we will know. Your second para is the reason why I think that. If his form and attitude in the VFL this year has been AFL quality then somebody else will grab him from us. If nobody wants a young healthy KPP then that tells the story.

But back to Big H and Willo and Cunners and the rest of the exciting youngsters getting a game. SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:59 pm 
Bob Chitty

tommi wrote:
Here's what I've heard.......

apparently he puts too much salt in his pumpkin
soup...!

everyone knows it's add to personal taste...!

kindest regards tommi

Did you hear that first hand?
Do you have proof?
How dare you have an opinion!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Theres a difference between opinion and unsubstantiated gossip.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 pm 
Bob Chitty

Blue Vain wrote:
Theres a difference between opinion and unsubstantiated gossip.

My opinion is that Sunday is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

billc3 wrote:
With Tom and Macreadie in, have to see Doc mostly in the middle.. Good.
Expect to see a few rotate through there too... CCurnow, Wright etc... Interesting to see how this goes... And Good luck Harry!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I agree about Curnow especially.
We are too tall if we play Charlie, Harry and Levi all in the fwd line. Add SOS to that, even though he is not a a genuine tall and itleaves a lot to the coupe of crumbers left.

Curnow has come on to the point he is worth throwing into the midfield when Levi and Harry are on the field together in the fwd line.

The Ruck rotation will also be interesting.
Kreuzer ruck, Levi Bench, Curnow and Harry fwd.
Kreuzer ruck, Levi and Harry fwd, Charlie midfield
Bolts ruck, Kreuzer bench, Harry and Charlie fwd
Bolts ruck, Kreuzer and Harry fwd, Charlie bench or mid

If that system works and Charlie can make a go of it as a midfielder, next year he may go there permanently or even as a go-to winger (rather than a stoppage mid) of high hf.

It should be interesting.

Zorko usually touches us up, IIR he had 45 a year or two ago against us when Robbo also had 30 something.

Hipwood and Jones will be interesting as they are similar in build and athleticism.

This is a pretty good team on paper if it clicks. I hope Harry gets through unscathed and enjoys his first game in the Navy. There is no reason we should not wear it. Brisbane and our navy strip are nothing alike.

I think we can win this even though it is a young and pretty unsettled team and Bris have had the wood on us up there.

I think Boekhurst is a bit stiff but that's the way it works.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Im guessing McKay coming in means they're gonna be looking at Curnow playing more in the centre.

Either way - FFS, just leave somebody in the F50 arc!!!!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next