Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:59 am 
Rod Ashman

This is the thing. Im looking at the herald sun one of 2 melbourne newspapers today on my phone and the 1st 20 stories today is bloody aflwl.

This is the perverse objective of city hall...to fully brand extend the afl 12 months a year and cut out completely all aspects of other sporting life.

That is , make the afl the Microsoft of sport which everyone uses and dominates your life whilst making alot of money on the way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:06 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Vescio is a jet. Absolute gun.

That second goal was a superb team effort.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:10 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
That is , make the afl the Microsoft of sport which everyone uses and dominates your life whilst making alot of money on the way

Um...yeah...nice analogy and all but there's this mob called Apple...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:17 am 
Rod Ashman

GWS wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

Um yeah take me literally rather than figuratively

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:24 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
GWS wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

Well...no.

If you're going to use an analogy (and I'm not suggesting you should) then at least use one that makes current sense.

Mort Sahl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:41 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Odds on caro writing an article about Eddie being a no show? Very very poor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:56 am 
Rod Ashman

GWS wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
GWS wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

Well...no.

If you're going to use an analogy (and I'm not suggesting you should) then at least use one that makes current sense.

Err well you said it was a nice analogy and then you said that nice analogy doesnt make sense :donk:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:08 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
This is the thing. Im looking at the herald sun one of 2 melbourne newspapers today on my phone and the 1st 20 stories today is bloody aflwl.

This is the perverse objective of city hall...to fully brand extend the afl 12 months a year and cut out completely all aspects of other sporting life.

you do realise that by buying The Hun you're supporting the 'peverse objective of city hall'... ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

you do realise that by buying The Hun you're supporting the 'peverse objective of city hall'... ?

not paying for the paywall :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:03 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

not paying for the paywall :clap: :clap:

your clicks will suffice :thumbsup: $$ :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
GWS wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
GWS wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

Well...no.

Err well you said it was a nice analogy and then you said that nice analogy doesnt make sense :donk:

I was being polite.

You're correct.

It wasn't accurate or nice. :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

On top of the ladder after the first week!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:02 am 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
The standard is poor but the effort and commitment is exceptional. Loved the endeavour and most importantly, I loved the passion they had for the concept and the jumper. The top 3 or 4 players in each team are very good but the standard drops away significantly after that. Give it time though. The game will grow and the standard will improve with increased participation. Personally I loved watching it. Reminded me of suburban footy. Not high priced elite athletes but girls who know what its like to play the game for the love of it. Have no doubt, many AFL mens players wish the could still do the same.

Vescio is a star. Balanced, good hands off the deck and in the air. Bri Davey was exceptional as well. I loved the passion of Maddie Keryk. Her tackle stats would have been a Carlton record IMO. Also l enjoyed the interview with Jakobson. Her long standing love for the club was heartwarming.

The commitment and effort more than make up for the lower standard.

Took me back to sitting in the car around the boundary as a kid honking the horn whenever the Lake Boga reserves kicked a goal. Those games weren't pretty either but @#$%&! me if the players weren't giving it their all and sweeping me up in their commitment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Also Carlton as per usual have been underestimated by the Media.

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8