Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:01 am 
Craig Bradley

I'd forgotten about that cheeky elbow on Dipper too.

Reputation >>>>>>>>>>>>> on the back of that one :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:42 am 
Bruce Doull

Some of our current players could learn a lot from Dominator, both on and off the field.

Incidentally, my old man (a Collingwood supporter) rates Johnston as his 2nd favourite Carlton player behind Jezza, with daylight behind them. High praise indeed.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Michael touched on it briefly (but glossed over it) when he spoke of Carlton's dominance over that period 3 premierships in 4 years and and that The Dominator played in 61 of our 76 wins during that period.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Hall of fame is empty without him.

AFL's loss.

I thought he spoke really well, held back from potting Caroline Wilson also in relation to the Richmond runner debacle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 am 
Bruce Doull

Terrific interview. Well done to both men.

And thanks wookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 am 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
Mike is a damn fine interviewer. Lets his subjects talk and gets the important questions out without being cloying nor awkward.

Yep, he was a bit awkward at times to start with, but has really settled in well. Must be a nice gig for him as his career winds down.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

camelboy wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Mike is a damn fine interviewer. Lets his subjects talk and gets the important questions out without being cloying nor awkward.

Yep, he was a bit awkward at times to start with, but has really settled in well. Must be a nice gig for him as his career winds down.

I agree that it's a good show, but I'll save you half an hour of your life by recommending you don't bother watching the Warwick Capper one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:45 pm 
Bert Deacon

BigKev wrote:
camelboy wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

I agree that it's a good show, but I'll save you half an hour of your life by recommending you don't bother watching the Warwick Capper one.

Why not? Mike: "You can't blame Joanne for every bad or non-decision you've made!"; WC: "No, but she put everyone at the Swans offside. And my son Indiana- she brainwashed him!" :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

THE WHIZZZZZ.............!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:18 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

@#$%&! the half of fame panel for not having him in it already.

What an amazing big game player he was.

Probably should have had Norm Smith's in 79, 82 and 87. 81 wasn't his worst game either.

Pretty sad watching him talk about losing his son.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Much better interviewer than print journo (in his latter days)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I hate how Mike practically begs the interviewee to cry at times, a little sickening. Like tears would be the scoop.

Other than that, he does well.

But FFS enough about the tap in 79!!! It was such a rich period, stop wasting time dredging up this cliche every single flowering time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

BigKev wrote:
camelboy wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

I actually did watch that one, against my better judgement, and it was astonishing to learn all over again what a total knob Capper is. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

camelboy wrote:
BigKev wrote:
camelboy wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

I actually did watch that one, against my better judgement, and it was astonishing to learn all over again what a total knob Capper is. :lol:

He is a knob who doesn't know he is a knob pretending to be a knob because he thinks it gets him some additional publicity.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

No greater testament to how tough the Dominator really was and is is his stoicism in discussing the death of his son. I could barely stand listening to it. Seriously how could a 12 year old die of an asthma attack on the football field in this most recent past when only a modicum of medical treatment could have saved him. Terrible. Terrible.

But Dom if you ever read this thread know that you were one of the most loved players to have ever walked the corridors of Princes Park, on everyone's all time favourite list. What we wouldn't give for some of your heart, toughness and sublime ability to rise to the occasion right now.

And the fact that you belted Brereton, Dipierdomenico and many other so called tough guys into dreamland on a not infrequent basis only adds to your appeal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:13 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Great interview that really warranted 60 minutes IMO.

However; I wish he had been asked who was his toughest opponent to beat; and his most admired player......and the best he's seen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

Gee I had a man crush on the Dominator

I played all my junior footy at Prahran and there was a picture frame in the social rooms that I loved looking at everytime I went in there, it had two shots of Wayne Johnston one in Prahran jumper and had 1978 VFA premiership under it and the photo next to it had him in a Carlton jumper and it 1979 VFL premiership

what a footballer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:58 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

The very best torpedo punt kick for goal; especially on the run.....ever.

Once he'd kicked it; he'd run back to the centre, arms raised in triumph; knowing it was going to be a goal...........and it always was........... :thanks:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 am 
Stephen Kernahan

So much stuff they didnt cover. Wished it was a longer program. Last year they showed a longer episode of some interviews on the weekend.

It's a great series.

Carlton should do their own series of interviews with the greats for the website

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 am 
Stephen Kernahan

buzzaaaah wrote:
So much stuff they didnt cover. Wished it was a longer program. Last year they showed a longer episode of some interviews on the weekend.

It's a great series.

Carlton should do their own series of interviews with the greats for the website

The Tony De Bolfo podcasts are very good buzz...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next