Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 109  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

Here was I waiting to post on page 100 of the old thread and then it gets locked!!!!

So, thought I'd best be on page 1 of the new thread.

Anyone have any thoughts on coaching performance, or in the alternative who could coach the Blues in 2013 :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

*crickets*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Sombrero.
We wont be making the finals.
Ratten wont be here next year........

We can pretend....

and we can hope
cross our fingers and toes...

they dont want him there....
its his job to get them to play with confidence.

we have been a one man band... its all been about juddy.

MM will most ikely be at the club next year....its up to him...

i doubt he will run a team based around Chris judd...

Ratten was an insecure coach..... he didnt believe in himself or the gameplan... or most players...
How many of our players have looked happy...or looked like they enjoy footy????

How many have looked to move on???

The fallout with Brad fisher being told to have Lars surgery...coming back in 6 weeks.. playing 2 or so Bullants games.. in against a rampant Collingwood and being scapegoated out of his 100th and stuck on 99 can never be underestimated.. it was mean spirited..

A few players have had differenences with Ratts... some have left some havent.. but ultimately the players got to a point where they didnt believe in him as a coach...his preparation of them .. his tactics... his management..

so yeah u can continue to hope we come back and pinch a final.....

but for ratten .. hes shot!!!..... it doesnt matter....!!!

Its a new era soon...

I dunno if it will be any good... but i know the ratts one was not the answer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

I am friends with two recently delisted players who tell me that Brett Ratten has his clique of favourites and that players outside that group find it hard to get a look in regardless of form in the Northern Blues. They also alledge that the playing group is not united and many are disillusioned.
I have been involved with a few clubs in various states over many years and am aware that there are always a few disgruntled players on the fringe who cannot get a game. So, whilst I have a great deal of respect for my friends opinions, I have been prepared to accept that they may be biased and tainted by their own experiences. However they have named a few players that they are close to who they feel are still alienated in the current side and there is some evidence that some players are only called on if there is no other similar players left, despite their form in Northern Blues.
I will not name the players that have been suggested to me but it is pretty obvious that there are some players who keep getting selected despite form and others who either do not get selected or are dropped in an instant if they make one mistake. I could understand some of this if it was obvious that there were match-ups that had to be made to suit various opponents, but the players that appear to be ostracised are those that may have made a difference. The instances that I find hard to explain and that lend credence to my disgruntled friends opinions are playing one ruckman against North Melb and also playing one key position player short.
I hope I am wrong and that I have been unduly influenced by my mates, but I would like to see some evidence that I am wrong.
I would love to see us smash the Tigers this week and improve each week as we get more injured players back and prove that my suspicions do not have any credence, but if we fall away for the rest of the season, bring on Malthouse or any credible option.

Last edited by NTBlue on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Hilarious that the thread was locked just before it hit the 100 page mark.

Revenge has been served, that will teach people who argue with a protected species.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

What I intended to say on page 100 was;

I understand 3 potential candidates have been identified and sounded out......review I mentioned weeks ago was well underway & complete footy dept restructure on the cards....BUT......

"Crickets" is apparently more informative

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

Ockham's Razor wrote:
What I intended to say on page 100 was;

I understand 3 potential candidates have been identified and sounded out......review I mentioned weeks ago was well underway & complete footy dept restructure on the cards....BUT......

"Crickets" is apparently more informative

Given your past history, I'd be more than interested to hear what you have to say.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I gave up reading the MM thread a long time ago....basically when it was created.

I just read the last few pages.

Its pretty disappointing.

Stay on track, argue your point (hopefully move along once you've made it) and keep away from the personal attacks.

Please take note of this. I'm not giving any further warnings. You'll all be on a pretty short leash, there'll be week long bans if you continue down that track.

edit: just read back a few more pages on the previous MM thread. What a disgrace!!! I'm actually ashamed enough to be associated with that at all I've removed the thread all together.

A few of you are lucky you haven't been banned already.

I won't be putting up with that kind of childish behaviour in the future.

If you have any doubts at all about what is acceptable please pm me. Its not up for discussion in this thread.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

hopefully this one goes a bit better

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

OR's post is interesting. So who are those 3? MM for sure and ????

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:45 pm 
John James

Ellard is a name that pops up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

matthews

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

its mm if he wants it

and probaby 2 others like chris bond to make it look like a process

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Chocco and Bomber probably.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:40 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Why restrict yourself to 3 candidates? Throw it open.
Someone unexpected may come along and impress the hell out the selection committee but if they're not given the opportunity......

More half arsed measures.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 am 
Stephen Silvagni

This thread is about MM.

Currently on my iphone so dont have access to email, but stay tuned.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:10 am 
Harry Vallence

There is no connection between our coaching situation and Leigh Matthews resigning from the AA commitee.
Is there?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:14 am 
Rod Ashman

blue vain wrote:
Why restrict yourself to 3 candidates? Throw it open.
Someone unexpected may come along and impress the hell out the selection committee but if they're not given the opportunity......

More half arsed measures.

Spot on, have I said I don't want MM? He can get someone else to pay his super. Look wide, how about we find the next great coach. If it has to be a 'name' I'd rathervWilliams or Eade. Eade got the Bullies to perform as a team, way better than the sum of their parts.

NT Blues comments don't surprise me, I have always thought Ratts man management skills were nowhere near well developed enough. Let's not get it wrong yet again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:20 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hasn't their been a review going on for about 6 weeks now? Perhaps it has been revealed that due to the current state of the football department, age/talent of list etc etc that a senior experienced coach is currently more suited to the position than a young rookie coach.

Enquiries have then been made to the ability of Eade, Williams, Thompson, Matthews, Malthouse, Roos etc etc of their availability and now the short list is down to 3...

..just guessing, but so will most.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:03 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Ok so a couple of posters took the option for a week ban.

Let me make it clear, cut out the personal attacks, cross posting and circular arguments. That goes forum wide, not just this thread.

If you have concerns or questions about this please send me a pm. Don't raise it in here.

Thank-you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 109  Next