Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:48 am 
formerly King Kenny

I’d reduce her deal, ex Marketing component, due to poor form. Give that money too Darcy.

Not sure how an underperforming player can be asking for so much marketing money, all because of one photo that made her famous.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Liddle is all about marketing.
She will get what she wants.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 am 
Harry Vallence

I was happy when we got her from the Lions

But really hasnt impacted as I had hoped. Still fun to watch her run and jump at the ball, but not for the money she is asking

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Would have preferred we directed any spare cash we had to keeping Brianna Davey.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:28 am 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
Would have preferred we directed any spare cash we had to keeping Brianna Davey.

Good point.

The dilemma...'premierships' or promotion?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:03 am 
Wayne Johnston

Maybe she’s good with the kids?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:15 am 
Bruce Doull

Talks break down

Can't say this disappoints me. Ridiculous demands, and I sense her teammates won't be too sad about this.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:22 am 
Bruce Doull

Donstuie wrote:
Talks break down

Can't say this disappoints me. Ridiculous demands, and I sense her teammates won't be too sad about this.

Good luck getting another club to stump up $150k for someone whose heart isn't in the game.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:20 am 
Bruce Doull

Wojee wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Talks break down

Good luck getting another club to stump up $150k for someone whose heart isn't in the game.

I sense a GWS/GCS 'ambassador' salary is on the way.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 1:33 pm 
Banned

Huge ego.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 2:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Talks break down

I sense a GWS/GCS 'ambassador' salary is on the way.

As long as Carlton doesn't have to pay it, whatever really.

If she wants $150k direct from Carlton, let her go, give Darcy and Maddy payrises, lure Bri Davey back and throw the whole team a cocktail party with what's left over

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 2:58 pm 
Robert Walls

To be fair, she was completely anonymous this year. The forward line started to click from the moment she was 'rested'.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:00 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I don’t know why we didn’t just stick her a CHB for a few games, I think she would have been difficult to beat….

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

4 goals for the season? Hard to turn that away surely

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

Megaman wrote:
4 goals for the season? Hard to turn that away surely

One statue does not a legend make...

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 4:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sad consequence of Tayla Harris’ $150k AFLW demand revealed
Quote:
According to AFLW reporter Sarah Black, rival clubs simply don’t have the cash to meet Harris’ wishes. It means the 24-year-old may be lost to the game for at least one season — a huge blow to not only the player, but fans who love watching her in action too.

“Probably not at that asking price,” Black told the Credit To The Girls podcast when asked whether other clubs could swoop in and poach Harris, now she won’t be at Carlton.

“She possesses two of the rarest strengths in women’s footy — contested marking and long kicking. So they’re huge attributes for any club.

“But as I’m making the rounds at trade period just asking a whole lot of general questions, I always go, ‘Do you have room for Tayla?’

“(Clubs say) ‘No, no, no, no’. There’s a hell of a lot of no’s out there including the two Queensland clubs. She is a Queensland native but the Lions and the Suns — that’s a no-go there as well.

“It may end up being that she may have to either walk away from footy or lower her asking price.”

It's one thing if the AFLW wants to pay her 'ambassador' money exempt from salary caps (due to her profile and activities outside the game), but to expect clubs to front up the money themselves when other players are already on a pittance is idiotic.

(the issue about whether AFLW players deserve pay rises in general is a separate one)

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

If the asking price is accurate then she's either deliberately pricing herself out of footy so she can concentrate on boxing, or her manager has grossly overestimated her value to individual clubs (which is distinct from her value to the AFL).

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:23 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Wojee wrote:
If the asking price is accurate then she's either deliberately pricing herself out of footy so she can concentrate on boxing, or her manager has grossly overestimated her value to individual clubs (which is distinct from her value to the AFL).

Or they think the AFL will step in and pay the difference so she’s not “lost to football“. The narrative is already gaining momentum….

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:

Lock in B Eddie

Sitting out for a year will just make it worse. She's not a smart player and the draftees coming in each year are superseding the older players, including Harris. She will only fall further behind.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

Off to Melbourne.

See ya.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/womens-afl/afl-womens-2021-aflw-2021-sign-and-trade-period-trade-news-blog-wrap-done-deals-latest-news/news-story/13e67ddd8d8f0a7a0c44e1d687c3273d

Big question is...will this affect the Colgate ad?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next