Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:02 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 9906
Location: Sydney
diesel95 wrote:
i don’t know what it costs, but the kids use Slack these days. the app is free and also has web browser access too. i use it for eight different “workspaces”.

also discord. started for gaming but lots of code forums on discord these days.

both might be a bit cheaper than renting hosting for a BB server.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I just googled discord forums pricing and saw 9.99/month floated about (presumably USD). Never used a discord forum so can't comment on quality. I love discourse forums (discourse.org) but they are 100/month so it fails the price test.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Future of TC (and Me)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:31 pm 
Offline
Horrie Clover

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:59 pm
Posts: 359
GreatEx wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
i don’t know what it costs, but the kids use Slack these days. the app is free and also has web browser access too. i use it for eight different “workspaces”.

also discord. started for gaming but lots of code forums on discord these days.

both might be a bit cheaper than renting hosting for a BB server.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I just googled discord forums pricing and saw 9.99/month floated about (presumably USD). Never used a discord forum so can't comment on quality. I love discourse forums (discourse.org) but they are 100/month so it fails the price test.


that’s pretty good pricing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:46 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 9906
Location: Sydney
Well, caveat emptor... I didn't dig any further, maybe 9.99 gives you something crappy like a 50 user limit. Bags user #1!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:03 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 3472
We could run a poll to decide the 50

_________________
Just throwing it out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:05 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 3472
Whatever we end up with hopefully it caters for "likes/emojis" instead of needing to reply and also hopefully we can avoid nested quotes

_________________
Just throwing it out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:14 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 45763
Location: Prison Island
jezzarules wrote:
Whatever we end up with hopefully it caters for "likes/emojis" instead of needing to reply and also hopefully we can avoid nested quotes


:thumbsup:

_________________
*(grow - fun - gah) :fight:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:45 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 9906
Location: Sydney
And a "mute thread" option so Syd can rant about covid to an empty room :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:57 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 3472
grrofunger wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
Whatever we end up with hopefully it caters for "likes/emojis" instead of needing to reply and also hopefully we can avoid nested quotes


:thumbsup:

:thanks:

_________________
Just throwing it out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:59 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 3472
GreatEx wrote:
And a "mute thread" option so Syd can rant about covid to an empty room :D

Obviously we won't tell everyone where we're going

_________________
Just throwing it out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:35 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 36177
Location: seaside
jezzarules wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
Whatever we end up with hopefully it caters for "likes/emojis" instead of needing to reply and also hopefully we can avoid nested quotes


:thumbsup:

:thanks:





Hey…

what’s a nested quote…?


kindest regards tommi

_________________
that'siti'mnotchangingthistagain......!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:47 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 3472
tommi wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
Whatever we end up with hopefully it caters for "likes/emojis" instead of needing to reply and also hopefully we can avoid nested quotes


:thumbsup:

:thanks:





Hey…

what’s a nested quote…?


kindest regards tommi

You're in one now

_________________
Just throwing it out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:58 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 36177
Location: seaside
jezzarules wrote:
tommi wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
Whatever we end up with hopefully it caters for "likes/emojis" instead of needing to reply and also hopefully we can avoid nested quotes


:thumbsup:

:thanks:





Hey…

what’s a nested quote…?


kindest regards tommi

You're in one now





Well THAT’S no good…!


kindest regards tommi

_________________
that'siti'mnotchangingthistagain......!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:41 am 
Offline
Serge Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:04 pm
Posts: 919
Location: Brisbane
A paypal dontate button with a "goal" per month tracker would be a start. Could be used to run the sponsorship as well

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/n ... ate-button

If admin wants to step down, or just have someone esle press the buttons I have experience with most forum software although not this one, but how different can it be from Vbull or SMF?

All run the same database based setups.

Happy to help if anyone wants it

G


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:55 am 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:17 am
Posts: 33102
jezzarules wrote:
Whatever we end up with hopefully it caters for "likes/emojis" instead of needing to reply and also hopefully we can avoid nested quotes


Current versions of phpBB have more of these sort of features.
TC is so far behind that it's not a trivial task to upgrade unfortunately.

_________________
"One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds." - Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:29 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 45763
Location: Prison Island
Sounds like GMCbris is a bit of a legend and our guy !!

_________________
*(grow - fun - gah) :fight:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:57 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:35 am
Posts: 18675
Location: 父 父 父 父 父 父
grrofunger wrote:
Sounds like GMCbris is a bit of a legend and our guy !!
I reckon we should sponsor GMCbris instead of Lochie O'Brien.

_________________
Congratulations CK95


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:10 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 am
Posts: 15969
Location: threeohfivethree
bluehammer wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Sounds like GMCbris is a bit of a legend and our guy !!
I reckon we should sponsor GMCbris instead of Lochie O'Brien.


Seems harsh.

He’s just trying to help.

_________________
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H.L.Mencken (1920)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:04 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:35 am
Posts: 18675
Location: 父 父 父 父 父 父
GWS wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Sounds like GMCbris is a bit of a legend and our guy !!
I reckon we should sponsor GMCbris instead of Lochie O'Brien.


Seems harsh.

He’s just trying to help.
Hey I just said instead of Lochie O'Brien. I didn't say give GMCbris the #10 jumper.

_________________
Congratulations CK95


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:06 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 16786
GWS wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Sounds like GMCbris is a bit of a legend and our guy !!
I reckon we should sponsor GMCbris instead of Lochie O'Brien.


Seems harsh.

He’s just trying to help.


:lol:

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:53 pm 
Offline
formerly Josh Kaplan

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:19 pm
Posts: 2179
Happy to donate to support wherever we move to


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group