Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:48 pm 
Offline
Ken Hands
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 8:09 pm
Posts: 492
Location: Swimmin' in a fish bowl..
https://www.womens.afl/news/93265

:banghead:

_________________
Princes Park - always was, always will be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:27 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 4354
Shame.. and annoying....
Not sure we get much out of any deal either...

I believe they're a set and it was more about whether Gee would go.. But who knows

Go Blues

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:48 pm 
Offline
formerly Fevola

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 4176
Reports of grace Egan and Maddy laughing and singing the Essenscum theme song. Seems more players out the door too, namely Egan. Been deleted of course.

Harford is a big issue and allegedly not all players like him very much.

This club is stuffed. Also various Carlton sights up in arms about the players joking and club wanting tweets removed.

Shit storm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:01 pm 
Offline
Serge Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 3:04 pm
Posts: 975
billc3 wrote:
Shame.. and annoying....
Not sure we get much out of any deal either...

I believe they're a set and it was more about whether Gee would go.. But who knows

Go Blues



Maddy said in her first interview when she got drafted that she was 'still an Essendon* girl at heart' this was always going to happen.

Would have to be the most unsurprising bit of AFLW movement so far. Whilst this league is still a part time amateur league then this stuff is going to keep happening year on year.

Move on. Throw out the moron coach and hit the draft for some more talent, there's plenty there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:46 pm 
Offline
Garry Crane

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 240
We obviously ahve some serious issues in our women group look at the talent thats walked bri, maddie, gee, taylor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:52 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 30553
Location: Half back flank
Agro jr wrote:


Maddy said in her first interview when she got drafted that she was 'still an Essendon** girl at heart' this was always going to happen.




I recall that

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:23 am 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:02 pm
Posts: 621
I don't watch AFLW and will not in the future.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:54 am 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 9903
Location: Melbourne
Why is there so much player movement?

It makes it hard to get invested in a team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:28 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 19971
Location: Bondi Beach
missnaut wrote:
Why is there so much player movement?

It makes it hard to get invested in a team.


correct.

Hopefully it all settles after the vultures (new clubs) stop hovering.

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:28 am 
Offline
Craig Bradley

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 6777
Location: Australia
From the reports we’re hearing there was never any player investment in their teams to start with.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:32 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 19971
Location: Bondi Beach
Hows the headline on AFL.COM.Au

Quote:
BLUES WANT OUT: Star duo heading to the Bombers


That's terrible for a supposedly impartial "Code" website.

The players were lured by money we couldn't match.

Quote:
"Players Lured by big money offer"


Makes me sick...but as Agro jnr posted, Maddy said she was a bomber at heart from the outset.

What compensation do we get for losing our No 1 pick...our compensation for losing Davey?

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:39 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 13084
bondiblue wrote:
Hows the headline on AFL.COM.Au

Quote:
BLUES WANT OUT: Star duo heading to the Bombers


That's terrible for a supposedly impartial "Code" website.

The players were lured by money we couldn't match.

Quote:
"Players Lured by big money offer"


Makes me sick...but as Agro jnr posted, Maddy said she was a bomber at heart from the outset.

What compensation do we get for losing our No 1 pick...our compensation for losing Davey?

I may be wrong but I read that we get nothing because Essendon* are a new team.
If this is true then the system is an absolute joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:54 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 29091
Location: riding shotgun on Agros Karma Train
The whole comp is a farce, they are a bunch of mates all concerned about turning pro rather than winning for their club (interstate clubs exempt).

Selfish bunch that want to be treated seriously but act like amateurs.

They don't deserve to wear our jumper, the ROI is pathetic and always will be.

_________________
Between our dreams and actions lies this world


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:18 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:10 pm
Posts: 2097
kezza wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Hows the headline on AFL.COM.Au

Quote:
BLUES WANT OUT: Star duo heading to the Bombers


That's terrible for a supposedly impartial "Code" website.

The players were lured by money we couldn't match.

Quote:
"Players Lured by big money offer"


Makes me sick...but as Agro jnr posted, Maddy said she was a bomber at heart from the outset.

What compensation do we get for losing our No 1 pick...our compensation for losing Davey?

I may be wrong but I read that we get nothing because Essendon** are a new team.
If this is true then the system is an absolute joke.


I’m a fan of refusing to draft players as a protest or even pulling the team altogether.

The Women’s comp, while improving, is still ordinary and additional teams aren’t going to improve the standard.

Besides, losing your best players to the drug cheats should never be accepted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:07 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:10 pm
Posts: 2097
Also, anyone involved in the ** theme song video should be delisted. No exceptions


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:52 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 16782
Is there any compensation forthcoming?
I love watch Prespakis play. She's a true footballer but the game will leave her behind quickly. Mimi Hill is the future.

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:05 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 12563
Location: Melbourne
I have zero interest in the AFLW but.......I get the move, probably for more money. I guess if you a young you have to make it while you can and while your body is still allowing you to play. Most in the AFLW are getting paid peanuts, so if someone offers you more dollars to do what you love, then best of luck, I say.

Not sure Loyalty comes into it for these girls. For most it is great chance to get that supplementary income to buy that first home.

Regards Cazzesman

_________________
Ricky Gervais - “Everyone has the right to hold whatever beliefs they want. And everyone else has the right to find those beliefs f***ing ridiculous.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:25 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 10652
Location: Brisbane
Game Changers = Club Changers = Dime Chasers

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:24 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 4354
Agro jr wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Shame.. and annoying....
Not sure we get much out of any deal either...

I believe they're a set and it was more about whether Gee would go.. But who knows

Go Blues



Maddy said in her first interview when she got drafted that she was 'still an Essendon** girl at heart' this was always going to happen.

Would have to be the most unsurprising bit of AFLW movement so far. Whilst this league is still a part time amateur league then this stuff is going to keep happening year on year.

Move on. Throw out the moron coach and hit the draft for some more talent, there's plenty there.
Yeah... But you misread my post...
Maddie always wanted to go to them.... But only if Gee went with her.....
:thumbsup:

Go Blues

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:26 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 4354
Blue Vain wrote:
Is there any compensation forthcoming?
I love watch Prespakis play. She's a true footballer but the game will leave her behind quickly. Mimi Hill is the future.
Bang on BV..
Maddie is a gun.. But if the game gets more skilful and quick, she may get found out trying to get to the next contest

Mimi is just a gun... Not as skilful as Prespakis but quicker and bigger tank

Go Blues

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group