Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:39 am 
Bob Chitty

billc3 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Is there any compensation forthcoming?
I love watch Prespakis play. She's a true footballer but the game will leave her behind quickly. Mimi Hill is the future.
Bang on BV..
Maddie is a gun.. But if the game gets more skilful and quick, she may get found out trying to get to the next contest

Mimi is just a gun... Not as skilful as Prespakis but quicker and bigger tank

Go Blues

Don't underate Mimi's skills - very clean IMO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:29 am 
Harry Vallence

billc3 wrote:
Agro jr wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Shame.. and annoying....
Not sure we get much out of any deal either...

I believe they're a set and it was more about whether Gee would go.. But who knows

Go Blues

Maddy said in her first interview when she got drafted that she was 'still an Essendon*** girl at heart' this was always going to happen.

Would have to be the most unsurprising bit of AFLW movement so far. Whilst this league is still a part time amateur league then this stuff is going to keep happening year on year.

Move on. Throw out the moron coach and hit the draft for some more talent, there's plenty there.
Yeah... But you misread my post...
Maddie always wanted to go to them.... But only if Gee went with her.....
:thumbsup:

Go Blues

Yeah.. I read it fine tbh

I know they're 'velcro' , but I don't believe there was a chance Maddy was ever going to stay with us once Essendon* got their license.

And I don't believe there was a chance Gee would be the one who would be influencing any decision on moving, she'd be following.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:20 am 
Bob Chitty

At the B&F Maddie was interviewed by the host and given every chance to say something that would indicate that she was staying or going but she avoided the issue very carefully.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Agro jr wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Agro jr wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Shame.. and annoying....

I believe they're a set and it was more about whether Gee would go.. But who knows

Go Blues

Maddy said in her first interview when she got drafted that she was 'still an Essendon**** girl at heart' this was always going to happen.

Would have to be the most unsurprising bit of AFLW movement so far. Whilst this league is still a part time amateur league then this stuff is going to keep happening year on year.

Move on. Throw out the moron coach and hit the draft for some more talent, there's plenty there.

Go Blues

I know they're 'velcro' , but I don't believe there was a chance Maddy was ever going to stay with us once Essendon** got their license.

And I don't believe there was a chance Gee would be the one who would be influencing any decision on moving, she'd be following.

Maddy probably told Effendruggies that if she comes, Gee comes too.

What a coup. Bloody annoying.

More unhappy about losing Gee than Maddy TBH.

Post subject: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

I'm a very loose acquaintance of bec goddard and she is big time Hawthorn which is why she walked away from adulaide. Ill give her some kudos. Long term strategy to coach mens (she did in A.c.t.) and coach Hawthorn!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lowey_47 wrote:
I'm a very loose acquaintance of bec goddard and she is big time Hawthorn which is why she walked away from adulaide. Ill give her some kudos. Long term strategy to coach mens (she did in A.c.t.) and coach Hawthorn!

Interesting. I've heard her commentate and she doesn't come across as knowledgeable, or impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lowey_47 wrote:

And yet when she was in Canberra she walked away from the club her grandfather pretty much started because she didn't like one of the women in the team being better than her. Bec is all about Bec. Always has been.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Agro jr wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Agro jr wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Shame.. and annoying....

Go Blues

Maddy said in her first interview when she got drafted that she was 'still an Essendon**** girl at heart' this was always going to happen.

Go Blues

I know they're 'velcro' , but I don't believe there was a chance Maddy was ever going to stay with us once Essendon** got their license.

bondiblue wrote:
Agro jr wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Agro jr wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Shame.. and annoying....

Go Blues

Maddy said in her first interview when she got drafted that she was 'still an Essendon***** girl at heart' this was always going to happen.

Go Blues

I know they're 'velcro' , but I don't believe there was a chance Maddy was ever going to stay with us once Essendon*** got their license.

Maddy probably told Effendruggies that if she comes, Gee comes too.

What a coup. Bloody annoying.

More unhappy about losing Gee than Maddy TBH.
Yep.. Velcro...
Yep...
And yep... If they didn't, it wouldn't have happened...

In the words of MASH
..... That is all
:WINK:

Go Blues

Post subject: Loyalty? Principles?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

Thought she was an ordinary umpire and ordinary player but winning the first aflw flag as coach makes it slightly awkward to argue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:27 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Was it ever established whether compensation is forthcoming for losing Prespakis and Gee?

It doesn't look like there will be which is staggering to me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/12825 ... -the-blues

You know the AFLW program is desperate for positivity when they're announcing that contracted players are committing to the program.