Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: 2022 AFLW B & F
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:54 pm 
Bob Chitty

Had the pleasure of attending the AFLW B&F last night which was again held at the Aviary at Crown. Last year was a cocktail style event (minus the cocktails dammit) but this year they went all out and provided a 3 course meal. In my view far better as you got to meet others at your table (unless of course you booked a whole table) whilst still being able to mingle and catch up with familiar faces. My daughter is due any day now and there was a chance that she might be induced this week, so we didn't know if we would be attending until Tuesday, then discovered tickets had stopped selling on the Monday - presumably so numbers could be finalised for catering. Lucky I have Diesel's number and all got sorted out pretty quickly w3hen he intervened. As a bonus got to thank him directly on the night and have a good chat.

The night was as enjoyable as these sorts of things can be. The count itself is always a bit tiresome but this time there3 was an early bolter in Harrington and a lot rush from Prespakis to keep the count interesting at least. And Mimi the Magnificent (not to be confused with our new car Mimi the MGnificent) came home with a rush that suggests with as full season she probably would have taken the prize from them. And the event was well hosted, Harford though he went on a long while was nevertheless entertaining and informative and Mua kept the crowd entertained.

The players were very available to the fans for a chat, a photo and a genuine thankfulness for the support the fans are giving to the program.

All in all a great night and well worth the $190/head.

Lastly and by no means least noticed that Maddie Prespakis had 2 guests with her both being Brisbane players. I wonder what that might mean - are they possibly coming to the Blues? Are all 3 headed to Essendon*? Will watch that space with interest.

Post subject: Re: 2022 AFLW B & F
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ianh wrote:
Lastly and by no means least noticed that Maddie Prespakis had 2 guests with her both being Brisbane players. I wonder what that might mean - are they possibly coming to the Blues? Are all 3 headed to Essendon**? Will watch that space with interest.

Polyamorous after party apparently.

Mort Sahl