Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2022
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:37 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
We have a couple of absolute guns in Prespakis and Moody and it falls away from there.
The lack of game sense is astounding. I don't know how many times we had a free kick or mark and had no one ahead of the ball to kick to. It's not difficult. If a team mate has the ball, options 35m ahead of the ball must be presented.
Whether in defence, midfield or attack, we were outnumbered ahead of the ball.
Giving away 2 goals from undisciplined 50's and an out of bounds kick across goals killed us.

Harford needs to forget the kumbaya coaching and instil some discipline and mongrel. Instead we still tolerate players hearing footsteps.
If falling over counted as possessions, Vescio would have had 20+.
It was as frustrating as hell. Collingwood continually presented the 20m option and we gave it to them all day instead of showing some accountability.
I like our long kicking economical game style. AFLW is a territory game and players who can run with the ball are gold. We have them. We just need to work harder to get the ball back when the opposition have it.

I agreed BV but it's not necessarily our lack of accountability I think it's just 'smarts' and 'dumbs'.
The players were trying to be accountable for a direct opponent, but they were getting blocked and allowing Collingwood to create space for a player to run into it was happening all game and they just weren't smart enough to do anything about it.
Then you had the 3 goals, I think, from 50m penalties and a goal from kicking across the face under pressure.
That shouldn't be happening.

I don't recall us blocking once. I think we're working hard but a lot of that hard work has been brought undone by simple dumb stuff.

Moody was a weapon... But aside from the ruck dominance, her 60 metre kicks were wasted (as you said, no one forward of the ball!)

And sorry some of the skills are awful, so when Prespakis is running past you you give it! again dumb stuff...
I thought Kez played well too

No idea where Wilson was.. a mate posted/asked on the Facebook Page and didn't get an answer... Hope all is OK

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:39 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

beowulf wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
We have a couple of absolute guns in Prespakis and Moody and it falls away from there.
The lack of game sense is astounding. I don't know how many times we had a free kick or mark and had no one ahead of the ball to kick to. It's not difficult. If a team mate has the ball, options 35m ahead of the ball must be presented.
Whether in defence, midfield or attack, we were outnumbered ahead of the ball.
Giving away 2 goals from undisciplined 50's and an out of bounds kick across goals killed us.

Harford needs to forget the kumbaya coaching and instil some discipline and mongrel. Instead we still tolerate players hearing footsteps.
If falling over counted as possessions, Vescio would have had 20+.
It was as frustrating as hell. Collingwood continually presented the 20m option and we gave it to them all day instead of showing some accountability.
I like our long kicking economical game style. AFLW is a territory game and players who can run with the ball are gold. We have them. We just need to work harder to get the ball back when the opposition have it.

Indeed. We were very ordinary in the way we allowed Collingwood players to lead and mark simply, and not just in the forward line. We didn't pick up our opponents or run off them and make play. Our disposal continues to be sub-par and we didn't make the most of Moody dominating in the ruck.
Spot on!

Go Blues!

Post subject: AFLW 2022
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:41 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Pat's Fitztrick wrote:
bluedog wrote:
bluedog wrote:
Harford would do well to have the players recognise their substantial weaknesses, and not pretend they didn't have said weaknesses. :gift:

In saying this, he himself might realise that the talent factor is limited, and therefore tell the players to play with gay abandon.

I believe most of them already do that.

I doubt Darcy would appreciate being told to be gay, statements like that would lose the playing group.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

A win's a win.

Satisfactory performance against ordinary opposition.

Players laughing when they miss sitters and shank kicks.

Time-keeping rules a complete farce once again:

Player gets own football after it goes into the stands; clock keeps ticking.

Geelong player goes off injured; at least a minute wasted as clock keeps on ticking.

Underwood refers to Vescio as 'her'. Um ah...

Underwood reminds the viewers a million times Varscio is playing against her flatmate.

Well done Prespakis, Gee, Stevens, Harrington and a few others.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:55 pm 
Ken Hunter

So, is the Carlton v Bulldogs game locked in each season, because of the ‘Pride’ factor?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:25 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluedog wrote:
So, is the Carlton v Bulldogs game locked in each season, because of the ‘Pride’ factor?
Seems to be..
From reports by a mate of mine, it's a good day out... Unfortunately at Whitten oval though!

Go Blues!

Post subject: AFLW 2022
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BTW... Great to see some blocking off the ball for the ball carrier and running out into space to receive... Harf may have been reading the comments on here :lol:

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

billc3 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
Seems to be..
From reports by a mate of mine, it's a good day out... Unfortunately at Whitten oval though!

Go Blues!

Then again, maybe not...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:19 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluedog wrote:
billc3 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
Seems to be..

Go Blues!

Then again, maybe not...
Bloody COVID-19, I blame <insert partisan politician's name here>
:lol:

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

Not much to be proud about in that quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

Always going to be hard to beat a pride of Lions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

Not alot of intensity from our girls. Don't look at all hungry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sakc Harford

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Player retention will become a real issue. With new clubs coming into the competition next year, we need to show our players there is an exciting future at the club. At the moment we're bland, structurally inept and tactically average.
Essendon* will come hard at Prespakis and unless significant changes are made, I wouldn't be surprised to see her elsewhere next year.
Our list build is looking very concerning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:54 am 
Bert Deacon

Possibly the most lack-lustre performance I've witnessed from our girls to date. We just looked slow and disinterested. Hard to find players to name in the "best" but here goes - Moody, Prespakis, Jones, Harrington all had a dip, but the rest need a long look in the mirror.

Can't see us winning too many more this season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:56 am 
Robert Walls

snakehips wrote:
Possibly the most lack-lustre performance I've witnessed from our girls to date. We just looked slow and disinterested. Hard to find players to name in the "best" but here goes - Moody, Prespakis, Jones, Harrington all had a dip, but the rest need a long look in the mirror.

Indeed. Very ordinary.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:47 am 
Craig Bradley

snakehips wrote:

Tended to run through the club unfortunately.

Funny how it happens. Last year the men's habit of giving up consecutive, quick goals went to the women's who, most games, gave up consecutive runs of 3 and 4 goals, something you can't do in the women's game as scoring is more difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:42 am 
Ken Hunter

Lions player gets badly injured.

Clock is stopped about 40 seconds into her being looked at then taken from the field.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Player retention will become a real issue. With new clubs coming into the competition next year, we need to show our players there is an exciting future at the club. At the moment we're bland, structurally inept and tactically average.
Essendon** will come hard at Prespakis and unless significant changes are made, I wouldn't be surprised to see her elsewhere next year.
Our list build is looking very concerning.

I am concerned too.

The lack of effort and accountability stood out.

Harford has developed a great culture, but surely the girls expect him to lead them to the promised land...finals.

Is it a case of one step back to make 2 steps forward? I can see the former, but can't see the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

snakehips wrote:

You picked the ONLY 3 players.

McEvoy tried hard, but as a top draft pick in her 3rd year...I'm waiting for more.

Where's the run, the daring, the connection?

Bland football. Forced myself to stay 4 quarters. My boys left ...again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next