Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'm always a chance.... Let's see who ELSE is interested :lol:

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:11 am 
Ken Hands

I'd be interested too, but certainly wouldn't want to cut billc3's lunch (or dinner in this case). I'm conscious of not being a greedy pig, wrt to our sponsorship invites, but I'd happily attend if it turns out nobody else can.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:08 am 
Bruce Doull

There's two tickets, why not both?! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

snakehips wrote:
I'd be interested too, but certainly wouldn't want to cut billc3's lunch (or dinner in this case). I'm conscious of not being a greedy pig, wrt to our sponsorship invites, but I'd happily attend if it turns out nobody else can.
Snakehips.. Don't worry about me!
I've been to the last two because there's been no takers...

They're always good and plenty of Legends rock up as well as all the AFLW crew... and all approachable and chatty. Met plenty of other sponsors too... Salt of the earth Blues supporters...

Take your partner/friend/Carlton Tragic with you :wink:

Up to you and Camel!

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:00 am 
Ken Hands

Well thanks very much billc3, very good of you. I'd happily go along (I'm sure one of my daughters would love to attend). That said, I'll certainly defer to somebody else if there are other takers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:45 am 
Ken Hands

camel wrote:
Great, have a good night. :beer:
Well, it was a good night (thanks camel), another heart-breaking last minute loss aside :cry: I attended the game day function with one of my daughters and we were both very well looked after. The new Matchday Pavilion facilities are excellent, all very modern as you'd expect, with a nice, warm feel to them. Entering via gate 6 is a strange experience, it's a pleasant looking (even a bit of landscaping as you approach), well-designed, modern facility - that's to say not very Princes Park at all! The matchday function room has a pretty good view across the ground if you don't mind watching from behind the glass, and also a small balcony for viewing that gets you out into the fresh-air (though a bit too fresh and wet for us last night). Nice setup though, I was actually quite pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Brian Cook spoke pre-game, it was the first time they'd used the new facility for an actual game. He was a pro, as usual, spoke well, and refreshingly not for too long! Cook did mention that it was the second season in a row that all AFLW player sponsorships had been fully-subscribed which is great for the women (and the club). He was clearly very proud of the facility but acknowledged that he'd merely just come along at the right time to "cut the ribbon" and there were many before him that had made a more significant contribution to getting it to this point. With it being the Carlton Respects game it was good to see ex-board members Kate Jenkins and Patty Kinnersley in attendance, with Kate actually doing the honours out in the middle at the coin toss pre-game. A few other notable figures floating about too including Shane O'Sullivan, Brad Lloyd, Luke Darcy, and none other than Shaynna Blaze, just to name a few.

The game itself I've mentioned elsewhere, but it was actually better than I'd expected given the very difficult wet conditions. Post-game we were taken down to the massive indoor kicking field (for want of a better name). It too was particularly impressive, though never having been inside such a facility previously, I've nothing to compare against. Let's just say it would have been a ripper spot to have a kick had there not been so many people milling about, it had what looked like close to full size goal posts too.

Harford spoke to the players for about 15 minutes or so post-game (once Gabby Pound finally came in from the ground, somebody had to go and get her :razz: ). They were miles away from us at the other end of the indoor field, so couldn't hear any of it, but it had a pretty sombre feel. When he finished up the players were free to mingle with their families and the few interested onlookers like me. We chatted with Kerryn Peterson, who thanked TC for our continued support and sponsorship. I thanked her for getting COVID from the last team function I attended (apparently about 25 people went down with it from the same event back in February :grin:). She looked very disappointed but still found time to exchange pleasantries with my daughter and I. Also chatted with Jess Dal Pos and Maddie Guerrin, who were both excellent company. Maddie about a month in to her ACL rehab and hoping to be back after about 10 months. Hope so, reckon we missed her this season.

As usual it was an honour and a pleasure to represent TC at one of these functions, so thanks to all concerned for the opportunity :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

snakehips wrote:
camel wrote:
Great, have a good night. :beer:
Well, it was a good night (thanks camel), another heart-breaking last minute loss aside :cry: I attended the game day function with one of my daughters and we were both very well looked after. The new Matchday Pavilion facilities are excellent, all very modern as you'd expect, with a nice, warm feel to them. Entering via gate 6 is a strange experience, it's a pleasant looking (even a bit of landscaping as you approach), well-designed, modern facility - that's to say not very Princes Park at all! The matchday function room has a pretty good view across the ground if you don't mind watching from behind the glass, and also a small balcony for viewing that gets you out into the fresh-air (though a bit too fresh and wet for us last night). Nice setup though, I was actually quite pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Brian Cook spoke pre-game, it was the first time they'd used the new facility for an actual game. He was a pro, as usual, spoke well, and refreshingly not for too long! Cook did mention that it was the second season in a row that all AFLW player sponsorships had been fully-subscribed which is great for the women (and the club). He was clearly very proud of the facility but acknowledged that he'd merely just come along at the right time to "cut the ribbon" and there were many before him that had made a more significant contribution to getting it to this point. With it being the Carlton Respects game it was good to see ex-board members Kate Jenkins and Patty Kinnersley in attendance, with Kate actually doing the honours out in the middle at the coin toss pre-game. A few other notable figures floating about too including Shane O'Sullivan, Brad Lloyd, Luke Darcy, and none other than Shaynna Blaze, just to name a few.

The game itself I've mentioned elsewhere, but it was actually better than I'd expected given the very difficult wet conditions. Post-game we were taken down to the massive indoor kicking field (for want of a better name). It too was particularly impressive, though never having been inside such a facility previously, I've nothing to compare against. Let's just say it would have been a ripper spot to have a kick had there not been so many people milling about, it had what looked like close to full size goal posts too.

Harford spoke to the players for about 15 minutes or so post-game (once Gabby Pound finally came in from the ground, somebody had to go and get her :razz: ). They were miles away from us at the other end of the indoor field, so couldn't hear any of it, but it had a pretty sombre feel. When he finished up the players were free to mingle with their families and the few interested onlookers like me. We chatted with Kerryn Peterson, who thanked TC for our continued support and sponsorship. I thanked her for getting COVID from the last team function I attended (apparently about 25 people went down with it from the same event back in February :grin:). She looked very disappointed but still found time to exchange pleasantries with my daughter and I. Also chatted with Jess Dal Pos and Maddie Guerrin, who were both excellent company. Maddie about a month in to her ACL rehab and hoping to be back after about 10 months. Hope so, reckon we missed her this season.

As usual it was an honour and a pleasure to represent TC at one of these functions, so thanks to all concerned for the opportunity :thumbsup:
Great work and thanks for the summary!
Finger crossed for a better 2023 (for all the sides.. AFL, AFLW and VFL)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thanks for the recap snakehips. :beer:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:52 am 
Bruce Doull

camel wrote:
Next event as part of our sponsorship is the AFLW B&F…

Quote:
Dear Liam,

After the completion of a second season in the same calendar year, the Carlton Football Club is looking forward to celebrating the achievements of the AFLW playing group throughout season seven.

You currently hold 2 ticket(s) for this event. Please RSVP and fill in your guest details by clicking on the button below. Details need to be confirmed by COB Friday 11 November 2022.

Event details:
Date: Friday 25 November 2022
Time: 7:00pm start
Venue: Zinc, Federation Square
Arrival: Please arrive at least 15-20 minutes prior to start time.
Dress code: Cocktail

LMK if you'd like to attend.

Any advances on a billc3/snakehips double for the B&F?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:48 am 
Ken Hands

I'm still up for it camel, unless bill3c (or someone else) wants to go along.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

snakehips wrote:
Go for it... Up to CB..
SH, you're more eloquent and capable of typing than me anyway :lol:

Enjoy... Plenty of nice other sponsors to meet, as well as all the Carlton legends..

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:40 am 
Bruce Doull

snakehips wrote:

You've got the PM. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:26 pm 
Ken Hands

Nice one camel and billc3 :thanks:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6