Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:14 pm 
Robert Walls

A big test for the girls coming up this week. Freo will be the favourites, but it is only their 2nd trip outside WA.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:59 am 
Robert Walls

Freo having to travel is absolutely the X-factor in this game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

This game is HUGE

The Freo girls have a long long flight.

I hope the Docker girls have a mardi gras feel for it...you know...holiday mode...relax...gel...take their foot off the pedal.

AND WE POUNCE.

Carlton girls have to be switshed on from the get go...not 5 minutes in like last week...from the first siren.

Geez I hope something clicks for Tayla. She's physical, but I want that but more class and goals and goal assists.

Go Bluebirds

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Well that was commonly know as an utter fkkkk up. 3 goals up, 6 min to go, and lose.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Egan gives off instead of getting caught with the ball and Carlton probably win.

How's that Freo player who did nothing for 3 1/2 quarters then got lippy when she finally got a couple of touches?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

Oh; and not blaming the umpiring for the loss, that's on the team, but how about a little consistency FFS?!?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:58 pm 
Ken Hands

Wojee wrote:
Oh; and not blaming the umpiring for the loss, that's on the team, but how about a little consistency FFS?!?

The gift in the third for running too far didn’t help.
We had the run of the green in the first with the umps but they made up for that error by burning us for the next 3 quarters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:29 am 
Garry Crane

dablues wrote:
Wojee wrote:

We had the run of the green in the first with the umps but they made up for that error by burning us for the next 3 quarters.

That was awful....12 maybe 13 steps from when Harrington left the square and they call too far.

Umpires at AFLW level have been VERY inconsistent and the interpretation of dropping the ball/incorrect disposal and holding the ball have been wildly unpredictable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:32 am 
Bruce Doull

Blueblood wrote:
dablues wrote:
Wojee wrote:

That was awful....12 maybe 13 steps from when Harrington left the square and they call too far.

Umpires at AFLW level have been VERY inconsistent and the interpretation of dropping the ball/incorrect disposal and holding the ball have been wildly unpredictable.

There was a holding decision paid where Bennett commentated "The umpire has called a holding free, let's see which way it has gone". It's like chooklotto.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
Blueblood wrote:
dablues wrote:
Wojee wrote:

There was a holding decision paid where Bennett commentated "The umpire has called a holding free, let's see which way it has gone". It's like chooklotto.

and, its hard to watch this under 12 standard umpiring. They are real dopes adjudicating. Need psych tests for any umpire fronting for a game which is relayed in loungerooms across the country.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

Our girls are to nice. :lol:

They don't want to beat they other team they are happy to just draw each week.

2 in a row. :yikes:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:
Our girls are to nice. :lol:

They don't want to beat they other team they are happy to just draw each week.

2 in a row. :yikes:

Regards Cazzesman

Some shocking home town umpiring decisions, appeared to be influenced by the crowd at times.