Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AFLW2021
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/womens-afl/afl-womens-2021-aflw-2021-sign-and-trade-period-trade-news-blog-wrap-done-deals-latest-news/news-story/13e67ddd8d8f0a7a0c44e1d687c3273d

Quote:
Jess Dal Pos is expected to be traded from GWS to Carlton, while Katie Loynes and Chloe Dalton are likely to end up at the Giants.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ianh wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Collingwood missing the GF and as a consequence, Bree Davey not having a chance to play in a premiership this year.
Thank @#$%&! for that.

The Aaron Hamill of our women’s team.

:roll:

I think it is harsh wwhen the reality is that the offer from Collingwood enabled her to be a professional sportswoman and ours fell short of that. Fair way away from the "do I take a mere $1.1m pa to stay" "dilemma" some of the men are facing.

Nice insight Ian. It look s like Carlton are tight arses.
I know nothing about salary cap constraints, but understand the 3 tiers of pay.

I thought we did really well with the Trade. 2 first rounders???
The team did well with Brianne coming back from a knee reaching a Prelim before covid closed it down.
Maybe the List manger over estimated the quality of our list, and thought the first pick would add value?

Losing the 2 players running rugby players to Olympic duties bloody hurt, but surely list manager could see that coming.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Tayla Harris' manager asking price was asking for $150,000.
The 2 parties couldn't come to an agreement for the Marquee Player

Harris plus pick 44 for pick 32.

Has our Liist manager got rocks in his/her head?

That's a steal.

Why?

Is this typical New age Carlton negotiating?

Its stupid on the surface.

I want answers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

So Tayla wasn't worth Pick 32 to Melbourne.

Geez, her manager had tickets on her.

or

Carlton wanted to see the back of her asap after her dismal 2921 performance.

Edit above. Should read "pathetic" performance on good money. She robbed us, or she would have wanted to make up for letting the club and her team mates down.

I think she gave away more frees than she got disposals

Good luck to dees. I hope she brings them down too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Harris was a liability this season and in all honesty I think for her footy is just a pay-cheque between boxing bouts, take the trade and run.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

And now Hosking wants out.

https://womens.afl/news/72717

Quote:
CHAOS has surrounded the 2pm AEST deadline of the AFLW Sign and Trade Period, with Jess Hosking requesting a trade to Richmond...

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
Harris was a liability this season and in all honesty I think for her footy is just a pay-cheque between boxing bouts, take the trade and run.

I agree.

But, I feel like we should have got more

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluedog wrote:
And now Hosking wants out.

https://womens.afl/news/72717

Quote:
CHAOS has surrounded the 2pm AEST deadline of the AFLW Sign and Trade Period, with Jess Hosking requesting a trade to Richmond...

WTF

What's going on?

I thought we were a destination club.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

WTF is the List manager doing trading Jesse Hosking for peanuts.

Giving away another Top 10 experienced player for Pick 23 & 40 and giving the Tigers 55 & 57.

One of the rare types who are very physical at the contest.

That should be a 1st round pick exchange. Period.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

2 Top 10 Experienced players should have got us 2 First round Picks.

One team topping up for a Flag.
One team wanting to get up the ladder with bonafide Heart and soul player.

Tayla Harris & pick 44 for pick 32
Jess Hosking 55 & 57 for picks 23 & 40

Someone please convince me this is a good deal and the list manager knows what they are doing.
Good luck convincing me.

This club is [REDACTED], Munro thinks they he's playing Monopoly.

You picked up pick 23 and 32. You want me to clap?
WTF are you going to do with those picks?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Jess Hosking to Richmond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/955155/blues-acquire-further-top-end-vic-picks-in-hosking-trade

Quote:
“All our discussions with Jess since the end of the season had centred around her re-signing with the Club however yesterday she informed us of her intentions to seek a trade,” Munro said.

“That was obviously really disappointing as we have strong belief in Jess as a player and her qualities as a person,

and this is how he spins those 2 Trades...

Quote:
“The result is that we now have the opportunity to select three of the best 13 Victorian talent in this year’s draft which is a terrific opportunity.

Yeah? And you want me to believe this?

You've lost me, thinking I'm going to buy that sort of spin.

He gave away the best player in the comp because he didnt want to pay, now this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

"the best player in the comp"

A slight stretch.....

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Seems a strange trade period. Loynes, Harris and Hosking out. Not a lot coming in on face value. At least were consistent across the club. Men's or women's, we're a mess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:

A slight stretch.....

What are you talking about? I'm talking about Brianne Davey.

Brianne Davey just won this years Best and Fairest Award ie the women's version of the Brownlow Medal.

She was considered the best player in the comp before she did her knee vs GWS in round 2 2018.
She was our captain.
She captained our team to the Prelim GF, and who knows we were on a roll before the comp was a covid victim.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Carlton's Trade Period rated ar the worst of the lot

Quote:
Recruits: Jess Dal Pos (GWS)

Out: Tayla Harris (Melbourne), Jess Hosking (Richmond), Chloe Dalton (GWS), Katie Loynes (GWS), Alison Downie, Jess Edwards, Winnie Laing (delisted)

Current draft picks: 10, 11, 23, 26, 40, 58

Carlton – having already lost Chloe Dalton and Tayla Harris – was blindsided by Jess Hosking's 11th-hour trade request to Richmond. The Blues, who were already a relatively young side, have now been forced to the draft, having only brought in Jess Dal Pos during the Trade Period. Regardless of her performance this year, Harris will be a loss, having always drawn the opposition's No.1 defender. Dalton is also a big blow, but Dal Pos should slot in with ease considering her pre-AFLW connections to some of her teammates.

Trade rating: 3/10

https://womens.afl/news/72727

Like the mens team, they need more mids to help out Prespakis. McEvoy is one who could step up, but like our mens we need some speed in the midfield group.

They had to get some high end talent to the group for next season to create some momentum and open a window. If not, there's always a chance, like the Hosking girls, Prespakis may want to join childhood team, Effendruggies* for their inaugral year.

This year's trade and the spin is a big fail from me too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:14 am 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

A slight stretch.....

Brianne Davey just won this years Best and Fairest Award ie the women's version of the Brownlow Medal.

She was considered the best player in the comp before she did her knee vs GWS in round 2 2018.
She was our captain.
She captained our team to the Prelim GF, and who knows we were on a roll before the comp was a covid victim.

Sorry, thought you were talking about Tayla.

Still, there's a big difference between giving up the best player in the comp, and giving up a player who became the best in the comp.

It's like saying we gave up one of the greatest FF's of the modern era to get Chris Judd, when the reality is that we gave up a kid with potential but had yet to show any payoff.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

A slight stretch.....

She was our captain.

Sorry, thought you were talking about Tayla.

Still, there's a big difference between giving up the best player in the comp, and giving up a player who became the best in the comp.

It's like saying we gave up one of the greatest FF's of the modern era to get Chris Judd, when the reality is that we gave up a kid with potential but had yet to show any payoff.

Still, its debatable if she is the best in the comp despite winning the Medal. Opinions.

Bottom line, one of the best or the best, Brianne was a game changer, and Munro gave her away because he didn't want to pay the price, prefering to go for a rebuild?? Is this a normal Carlton thing? Rebuild after rebuild, during rebuild?

FFS we were on the cusp of a GF and guess what, they player Munro traded out, Brianne, took the Magpies to a GF, because like SOS with Saad, he was TOO tight and didn't have the nous to know what a good investment, let alone a return (in Tayla and Jess' situation). Thank god they lost it.

Post subject: AFLW2021
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Posted this in the Jess Hosking thread.. Better here...

Wow... We better have a strategy....

Tigers getting tough runners in while we stick with skinny underdeveloped kids!??
(Mmmm... Sounds familiar)

Go Blues

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Carlton's Trade Period rated ar the worst of the lot

Quote:
Recruits: Jess Dal Pos (GWS)

Out: Tayla Harris (Melbourne), Jess Hosking (Richmond), Chloe Dalton (GWS), Katie Loynes (GWS), Alison Downie, Jess Edwards, Winnie Laing (delisted)

Current draft picks: 10, 11, 23, 26, 40, 58

Carlton – having already lost Chloe Dalton and Tayla Harris – was blindsided by Jess Hosking's 11th-hour trade request to Richmond. The Blues, who were already a relatively young side, have now been forced to the draft, having only brought in Jess Dal Pos during the Trade Period. Regardless of her performance this year, Harris will be a loss, having always drawn the opposition's No.1 defender. Dalton is also a big blow, but Dal Pos should slot in with ease considering her pre-AFLW connections to some of her teammates.

Trade rating: 3/10

https://womens.afl/news/72727

Like the mens team, they need more mids to help out Prespakis. McEvoy is one who could step up, but like our mens we need some speed in the midfield group.

They had to get some high end talent to the group for next season to create some momentum and open a window. If not, there's always a chance, like the Hosking girls, Prespakis may want to join childhood team, Effendruggies* for their inaugral year.

This year's trade and the spin is a big fail from me too.

We should calm the farm a little bit - these next few drafts are going to be the girls that have come through playing football from Auskick junior level - the more picks we have the better.

You will see less and less “cross coders” coming through and dominating the competition and hopefully less of them entering the competition and more and more “true footballers” taking precedence.

We’re going to get some really good players with those picks.

It’s the right thing to do.

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next