Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

Friday, February 9

7:05pm EDT

Two from two would be nice.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:27 am 
formerly King Kenny

Might kick 4 goals this week

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 am 
Ken Hunter

The Normal One wrote:
Might kick 4 goals this week

Yeah - I got my maths wrong. Two by two, not two from two. :grin:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:24 pm 
Robert Walls

This game will only be on pay TV, which is a pity (I don't have pay TV). We do NOT have a good record away, so it is important that we really nail this one.

I have to say that Brisbane played a lot better than we did in their game. Hopefully it means nothing. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

beowulf wrote:
This game will only be on pay TV, which is a pity (I don't have pay TV). We do NOT have a good record away, so it is important that we really nail this one.

I have to say that Brisbane played a lot better than we did in their game. Hopefully it means nothing. :)

How does how Brisbane played affect this game?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 am 
Robert Walls

bluedog wrote:
beowulf wrote:

Nothing in particular. It was just that they seemed to move the ball more effectively than we did. It was something I would prefer to see from Carlton players.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

beowulf wrote:
bluedog wrote:
beowulf wrote:

Nothing in particular. It was just that they seemed to move the ball more effectively than we did. It was something I would prefer to see from Carlton players.

We meet Brisbane next week, and I agree, they moved the ball well. Based on the first round performances of both teams, we will have to improve if we are to beat them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:39 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Out: Damien Keeping (illness)

In: Nick Rutley (Ass. Coach)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:41 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Rexy wrote:

Hope he recovers quickly. That could hurt us though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

drunkill wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Hope he recovers quickly. That could hurt us though.

Based on last Friday's game, I don't think it will hurt us.

GWS might, but not the change of coach.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

Good to see it's not just the boys who are at the mercy of the "Carlton Translator"

www.news.com.au/sport/afl/aflw/carlton- ... e38b16f48e

Quote:
CARLTON women’s coach Damien Keeping — who is in hospital with a mystery condition — is in the sights of the AFL for his ultra-defensive game plan.

The AFL is furious with the tactics Keeping successfully employed against Collingwood in the AFLW season opener on ­Friday night and has voiced its dismay to the Blues.

In effect, the AFL has ­ordered Carlton to play a more open brand of football.

One opposition coach described Carlton’s game style as the return of “Rodney Eade’s flood’’, a reference to Eade’s groundbreaking but controversial tactic used at Sydney in the mid-1990s.

It’s believed AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan spoke to representatives of several clubs on Monday and hammered home the AFL’s desire for open footy.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So only Carlton dropped players back? Errrrrrr..... Okay???

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

All the best to Damien for a speedy recovery. Good luck to Nick this week with the girls against GWS. A big ask and a drama they didn't need, especially now that the HUN has identified that they are single-handedly ruining women's football

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

Fancy telling a team what style of play to adopt.

Joke if true.

Friday's game was dull, but I think in part this was due to the amount of fumbling/poor ball use, and subsequent tackling/holding the ball in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

The_Cranium wrote:
All the best to Damien for a speedy recovery. Good luck to Nick this week with the girls against GWS. A big ask and a drama they didn't need, especially now that the HUN has identified that they are single-handedly ruining women's football

:grin:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 am 
Stephen Silvagni

If there are coaches going with an ultra defensive style in this competition they should be sakced immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
If there are coaches going with an ultra defensive style in this competition they should be sakced immediately.

Jesus. I agree.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluedog wrote:
Fancy telling a team what style of play to adopt.

Joke if true.

Friday's game was dull, but I think in part this was due to the amount of fumbling/poor ball use, and subsequent tackling/holding the ball in.

Not a joke.

Sell the brand or @#$%&! off.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We played a zone. Other clubs are still playing direct match ups. That may give the impression of "dropping players back"
Perhaps we should have focussed more on skill improvement over the off season instead of tactical improvements. Although Collingwood were poor on Friday night. They still moved busted us open and out-played us when they got the ball out wide. Their chains of play were quite impressive at times where we relied more on grunt and direct play.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:33 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

dane wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Jesus. I agree.

gawd, this is awkward...