Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:56 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
Friday, February 9

7:05pm EDT


Two from two would be nice.

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:27 am 
Offline
formerly King Kenny
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 18417
Might kick 4 goals this week


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
The Normal One wrote:
Might kick 4 goals this week


Yeah - I got my maths wrong. Two by two, not two from two. :grin:

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:24 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:58 pm
Posts: 3202
Location: Procyon II
This game will only be on pay TV, which is a pity (I don't have pay TV). We do NOT have a good record away, so it is important that we really nail this one.

I have to say that Brisbane played a lot better than we did in their game. Hopefully it means nothing. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
beowulf wrote:
This game will only be on pay TV, which is a pity (I don't have pay TV). We do NOT have a good record away, so it is important that we really nail this one.

I have to say that Brisbane played a lot better than we did in their game. Hopefully it means nothing. :)




How does how Brisbane played affect this game?

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 am 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:58 pm
Posts: 3202
Location: Procyon II
bluedog wrote:
beowulf wrote:
This game will only be on pay TV, which is a pity (I don't have pay TV). We do NOT have a good record away, so it is important that we really nail this one.

I have to say that Brisbane played a lot better than we did in their game. Hopefully it means nothing. :)




How does how Brisbane played affect this game?
Nothing in particular. It was just that they seemed to move the ball more effectively than we did. It was something I would prefer to see from Carlton players.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
beowulf wrote:
bluedog wrote:
beowulf wrote:
This game will only be on pay TV, which is a pity (I don't have pay TV). We do NOT have a good record away, so it is important that we really nail this one.

I have to say that Brisbane played a lot better than we did in their game. Hopefully it means nothing. :)




How does how Brisbane played affect this game?
Nothing in particular. It was just that they seemed to move the ball more effectively than we did. It was something I would prefer to see from Carlton players.


We meet Brisbane next week, and I agree, they moved the ball well. Based on the first round performances of both teams, we will have to improve if we are to beat them.

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:39 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:46 am
Posts: 26223
Out: Damien Keeping (illness)

In: Nick Rutley (Ass. Coach)

_________________
WHO WANTS TO WALK... WITH CRIPPA ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
Adrian Gallagher

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:31 am
Posts: 76
Rexy wrote:
Out: Damien Keeping (illness)

In: Nick Rutley (Ass. Coach)

Hope he recovers quickly. That could hurt us though.

_________________
Moderator of /r/CarltonBlues


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
drunkill wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Out: Damien Keeping (illness)

In: Nick Rutley (Ass. Coach)

Hope he recovers quickly. That could hurt us though.



Based on last Friday's game, I don't think it will hurt us.

GWS might, but not the change of coach.

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 28377
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
Good to see it's not just the boys who are at the mercy of the "Carlton Translator"

www.news.com.au/sport/afl/aflw/carlton- ... e38b16f48e

Quote:
CARLTON women’s coach Damien Keeping — who is in hospital with a mystery condition — is in the sights of the AFL for his ultra-defensive game plan.

The AFL is furious with the tactics Keeping successfully employed against Collingwood in the AFLW season opener on ­Friday night and has voiced its dismay to the Blues.

In effect, the AFL has ­ordered Carlton to play a more open brand of football.

One opposition coach described Carlton’s game style as the return of “Rodney Eade’s flood’’, a reference to Eade’s groundbreaking but controversial tactic used at Sydney in the mid-1990s.

It’s believed AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan spoke to representatives of several clubs on Monday and hammered home the AFL’s desire for open footy.

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:29 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 3433
So only Carlton dropped players back? Errrrrrr..... Okay???

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:51 am
Posts: 2689
Location: lygon street
All the best to Damien for a speedy recovery. Good luck to Nick this week with the girls against GWS. A big ask and a drama they didn't need, especially now that the HUN has identified that they are single-handedly ruining women's football

_________________
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
Fancy telling a team what style of play to adopt.

Joke if true.


Friday's game was dull, but I think in part this was due to the amount of fumbling/poor ball use, and subsequent tackling/holding the ball in.

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
The_Cranium wrote:
All the best to Damien for a speedy recovery. Good luck to Nick this week with the girls against GWS. A big ask and a drama they didn't need, especially now that the HUN has identified that they are single-handedly ruining women's football


:grin:

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:46 am
Posts: 26223
If there are coaches going with an ultra defensive style in this competition they should be sakced immediately.

_________________
WHO WANTS TO WALK... WITH CRIPPA ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21759
Rexy wrote:
If there are coaches going with an ultra defensive style in this competition they should be sakced immediately.


Jesus. I agree.

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:53 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21759
bluedog wrote:
Fancy telling a team what style of play to adopt.

Joke if true.


Friday's game was dull, but I think in part this was due to the amount of fumbling/poor ball use, and subsequent tackling/holding the ball in.


Not a joke.

Sell the brand or @#$%&! off.

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 13110
We played a zone. Other clubs are still playing direct match ups. That may give the impression of "dropping players back"
Perhaps we should have focussed more on skill improvement over the off season instead of tactical improvements. Although Collingwood were poor on Friday night. They still moved busted us open and out-played us when they got the ball out wide. Their chains of play were quite impressive at times where we relied more on grunt and direct play.

_________________
I still enjoy footy, just not as much as I did before...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:46 am
Posts: 26223
dane wrote:
Rexy wrote:
If there are coaches going with an ultra defensive style in this competition they should be sakced immediately.


Jesus. I agree.


gawd, this is awkward...

_________________
WHO WANTS TO WALK... WITH CRIPPA ??


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group