Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:58 pm
Posts: 3202
Location: Procyon II
The time has come. The Blues will taking on the Meat Pies on Friday evening for the season opener.
Get there early: a decent crowd is expected.

Looks like Vescio is ready to go after last week's game against the Dogs.

It will be interesting to see how many newbies get a go in this, the opening game of the season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:46 am
Posts: 26223
CARLTON'S ROUND 1 AFLW TEAM:
Backs: J. Hosking, D. Hardiman, L. Brazzale, B. Davey, A. Downie

Mids: G. Pound, S. Audley, N. Stevens

Forwards: T. Harris, K. Harrington, M. Gay, D. Vescio, S. Li

Ruck: B. Moody

Followers: S. Hosking, K. Loynes

Interchange: N. Plane, K. Gillespie-Jones, K. Shierlaw, L. Arnell, G. Gee

Emergencies: S. Last, M. Keryk, T. Lucas-Rodd

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-0 ... -debutants

_________________
WHO WANTS TO WALK... WITH CRIPPA ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:12 pm 
Offline
Adrian Gallagher

Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 95
I see Nick Stevens is playing on the wing.....wait a minute....Oh sorry that's Nic Stevens.
Awwww Stevens. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:59 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 41818
Location: SAKC !!
Rexy wrote:
CARLTON'S ROUND 1 AFLW TEAM:
Backs: J. Hosking, D. Hardiman, L. Brazzale, B. Davey, A. Downie

Mids: G. Pound, S. Audley, N. Stevens

Forwards: T. Harris, K. Harrington, M. Gay, D. Vescio, S. Li

Ruck: B. Moody

Followers: S. Hosking, K. Loynes

Interchange: N. Plane, K. Gillespie-Jones, K. Shierlaw, L. Arnell, G. Gee

Emergencies: S. Last, M. Keryk, T. Lucas-Rodd

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-0 ... -debutants


TalkingCarlton curse strikes !

_________________
*(grow - fun - gah) :fight:

I'm bad and that's good, I'll never be good and that's not bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:21 am
Posts: 428
Location: Wandering the Sunshine State
They are pacing the girls so that we finish strongly and aren't impacted too much by injuries. Have faith.

_________________
A Blues Supporter - not a Blues Bagger.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
Collingwood player does shoulder - takes 20-30 seconds to leave the ground - play is stopped but clock keeps a 'tickin'.

Joke.

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Last edited by bluedog on Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline
Horrie Clover
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:04 pm
Posts: 328
Go the girls. We will this off defensive pressure.. nice set up we have going on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:36 pm 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:21 am
Posts: 428
Location: Wandering the Sunshine State
Good first up win against the Pies by 8 points. Coulda/shoulda won by more if we had kicked straighter.

Sarah Hoskin copped a kick to the leg from a Collingwood player. Collingwood player reported.

_________________
A Blues Supporter - not a Blues Bagger.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:41 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 14032
Location: North of the border
It was a win but be jesus its hard to watch.
We need more mongrel girls look a tad soft compared to pies

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4012
Location: Strathmore
China Blues wrote:
Good first up win against the Pies by 8 points. Coulda/shoulda won by more if we had kicked straighter.

Sarah Hoskin copped a kick to the leg from a Collingwood player. Collingwood player reported.


Hey China, she got kicked in the Va China

_________________
31-3-2015 - R.I.P AFL, corrupted lying pricks
12-5-2015 - Go WADA
18-8-2015 - Suffer Hird* u lying flower
12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 5084
Location: Melbourne
The sexists and negative nellies were out in force on social media after the game.
Geeze some blokes are just straight up dumb.
No wonder the divorce rate is as high as it is.

_________________
James Hird and Essendon* FC - #FOREVERDRUGCHEATS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
Sydney Blue wrote:
It was a win but be jesus its hard to watch.
We need more mongrel girls look a tad soft compared to pies

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk



Hard to watch it was.

A lack-luster affair. A tackle-a-thon, with lots of fumbling.

Skill level quite ordinary.

Not sure we outplayed them, but all-importantly we outscored them.

Sucked in Collingwood.

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 24461
Location: riding shotgun on Agros Karma Train
bluedog wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
It was a win but be jesus its hard to watch.
We need more mongrel girls look a tad soft compared to pies

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk



Hard to watch it was.

A lack-luster affair. A tackle-a-thon, with lots of fumbling.

Skill level quite ordinary.

Not sure we outplayed them, but all-importantly we outscored them.

Sucked in Collingwood.
Oh come on, you're just a sexist negative Nellie. Wife should leave you.

What a poor excuse for professional women's sport. Shame women's ⚽ doesn't get the same publicity

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

_________________
Between our dreams and actions lies this world


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:02 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 8201
Location: Brisbane
kingkerna wrote:
bluedog wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
It was a win but be jesus its hard to watch.
We need more mongrel girls look a tad soft compared to pies

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk



Hard to watch it was.

A lack-luster affair. A tackle-a-thon, with lots of fumbling.

Skill level quite ordinary.

Not sure we outplayed them, but all-importantly we outscored them.

Sucked in Collingwood.
Oh come on, you're just a sexist negative Nellie. Wife should leave you.

What a poor excuse for professional women's sport. Shame women's ⚽ doesn't get the same publicity

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk



I do believe (or at least hope) that the overall skill level will improve quite significantly over the next five years. And I actually hope (I think) that the season will eventually double in length.

_________________
THEY LIKE TO SEND UP!!!!!!!!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:22 pm
Posts: 9484
Location: Beijing
Sydney Blue wrote:
It was a win but be jesus its hard to watch.
We need more mongrel girls look a tad soft compared to pies

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk


I agree with the hard to watch bit. Cannot doubt the endeavour and hopefully the skills will improve in time.

_________________
"our electorate seeks less to be informed and more to be validated." Sad times.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:29 am 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 28377
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
Image

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:34 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21759
Goal Fest 2018!

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:29 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:52 am
Posts: 1185

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/Navyblue95 -
my youtube channel tracking carlton news on television and paytv


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:50 am 
Offline
John Nicholls

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 9695
Watched the game, pretty ordinary skills but a win is a win.
They need to score more if this is going to be a success.
One player who really stood out was Chloe Molloy from Collingwood. She is the niece of Jarrod and built just like him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:06 pm
Posts: 3096
The_Wookie wrote:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cChCQIC-4dI

_________________
"In better news for Blues fans, Jarrad Waite was not named on the club's injury list."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group