Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

GWS wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
what tonight's game shows is people love princes park...got the same crowd for carlton v Essendon*** same time last year

so those nay sayers that think princes park cannot be developed to a top quality stadium for the real stuff and we should stay at crapi-had - look at the pictures tonight

And the people who couldn't get in?

I want our club to have 75,000 members.

Are they not supposed to go to the football?

i've said a 50,000 seater could be built at princes park on TC for years. we use PP for all home games except the big teams for MCG

if you have 75,000 members you can't assume they will all attend a game at one time - if they did you wouldn't get into the MCG, as i don't think 75,000 carlton members would be allocated at one time
with AFL members and MCC members to cater for.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

List management!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

The Duke wrote:
Vescio!! YOU BEAUTY!!

There's some serious babes in the Navy Blue :smoking:

...and a light blue strip on the shoulders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Club's OFFICIAL colours are navy blue and white, are they not? Why would they add an extra colour?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Still wondering if Hopes to get a touch was on the field :confused:

Last edited by Lowey_47 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/827465542399258625
Quote:
SING IT LOUD @CarltonFC fans... heck, sing it loud FOOTY FANS! #7AFL #AFLW #AFLWBluesPies #boundbyblue

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
GWS wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
what tonight's game shows is people love princes park...got the same crowd for carlton v Essendon**** same time last year

so those nay sayers that think princes park cannot be developed to a top quality stadium for the real stuff and we should stay at crapi-had - look at the pictures tonight

And the people who couldn't get in?

I want our club to have 75,000 members.

Are they not supposed to go to the football?

i've said a 50,000 seater could be built at princes park on TC for years. we use PP for all home games except the big teams for MCG

if you have 75,000 members you can't assume they will all attend a game at one time - if they did you wouldn't get into the MCG, as i don't think 75,000 carlton members would be allocated at one time
with AFL members and MCC members to cater for.

Never going to happen (unless the AFL get a godfather type offer for the real estate at Etihad Stadium).

:wink:

In fact I guarantee that you'll get media coverage tomorrow from Carlton/Parkville residents whinging about the parking/congestion/disruption.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

"we're the only team from Carlton town...."

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/827463667574661120
Quote:
BLUES WIN! LOOK HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO THEM! #7AFL #AFLW #AFLWBluesPies #boundbyblue

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/827478186128596992
Quote:
Here are the match highlights from tonight's game - there were plenty of them! You can also watch the full replay at http://afl.com.au/womens/video

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

Nice post-match interview with the captain:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2017-02-03/postgame-lauren-arnell

I wonder what people will say looking at, and listening to this in a hundred years from now?

:thumbsup:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:01 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

AGRO wrote:
This is the most physical Carlton side I've seen since 1995.

They may have been even more physical than that. Both teams were amazing in the way they attacked each other and the ball.

Maybe that will drop off, no doubt the crowds will, but I can't imagine anyone who was there tonight didn't enjoy it.

Well done to everyone involved.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

TruBlueBrad wrote:
AGRO wrote:

They may have been even more physical than that. Both teams were amazing in the way they attacked each other and the ball.

Maybe that will drop off, no doubt the crowds will, but I can't imagine anyone who was there tonight didn't enjoy it.

The President of our opposition chose to watch two blokes punch the shit out of each other instead.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:
TruBlueBrad wrote:
AGRO wrote:

The President of our opposition chose to watch two blokes punch the shit out of each other instead.

Yes, I was staggered when I heard that. Regardless of what contractual obligation he has with Fox, no doubt he could've got out of it.

Such an important moment for his club, but clearly he doesn't think it was a priority.

However, I enjoyed every second watching the game and it seemed our team was far better coached than the Colliwobbles. Great defensive discipline and positioning.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
what tonight's game shows is people love princes park...got the same crowd for carlton v Essendon** same time last year

But you said women's footy was shit, but people came regardless.

3 men turn up to see the second tier comp (VFL) at PP and they don't even bring their dogs.

Make the argument for PP but don't use the women's competition as an example because, according to you, it's something nobody wants to watch, [REDACTED].

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

cimm1979 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
what tonight's game shows is people love princes park...got the same crowd for carlton v Essendon*** same time last year

But you said women's footy was shit, but people came regardless.

3 men turn up to see the second tier comp (VFL) at PP and they don't even bring their dogs.

Make the argument for PP but don't use the women's competition as an example because, according to you, it's something nobody wants to watch, [REDACTED].

Nice twisted logic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:04 am 
Geoff Southby

What a great night for our Club, Women's Footy, and Women's Sport in general.
And to think the AFL were only expecting 12-15,000.
The night worked out perfectly (apart from the few thousand who were locked out)
Once again, the AFL will rightly be forced to listen to calls for Princes Park to be used again in some capacity. They can't keep turning a blind eye to it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:28 am 
Ken Hands

Should the AFL have charged adults a tenner and distributed some of the proceeds to the players?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:42 am 
Stephen Silvagni

BlueLife wrote:
Should the AFL have charged adults a tenner and distributed some of the proceeds to the players?

Every new entertainment service has a free trial period these days to hook an audience.
It was the right thing to do.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:46 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Those questioning the standard of the game are missing the point. Try telling a 10yo girl it's s poor standard. To her it's not, and she wouldn't care anyway. This is a brilliant concept for afl generally, and for thousands of young girls who want something more than netball, and crave a role model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:53 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Wow, still think netball is the only girls sport eh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next