Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I agree with St Fidelus here. I dont know who the player is but leaving a nightclub at 1am on Sunday morning is asking for trouble if alcohol has been consumed or even if it hasnt. Theres nothing to stop a drunken opposition fan from starting trouble and the headlines wont be "Opposition fan stirs Blues player" let me tell you. Players like Norman should know that they are being scrutinised. Go to a restaurant, friends house anywhere else but nightclubs after midnight should be off limits. These are professional athletes whose public actions affect club reputations, sponsorship deals etc.

On another note, 3AW Rumour file is a disgrace. Giving prizes for the best rumour encourages people to embellish stories and report private matters. As Derryn Hinch said. Ross Campbell (Stephenson) encourages people to dish the dirt on public figures but organised the cone of silence when he split with his wife. A grade hypocrite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

The players have every right to be out at 1am Sunday on the Easter Weekend when Monday is a public holiday...provided we don't have training the following morning.

World is getting a bit tough on them if they can't do this, but I don't think thats the issue.

Karl is a special case given his publicity over the last year. You do think he'd try keeping a low profile, sure go out and have a few drinks, but arguing with his girlfriend is drawing attention to himself that he doesn't need.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:04 pm 
St Kilda Supporter

Look, I hope it's not the case of shooting the messenger....

I heard that it may have been Norman, but out of respect I didn't want to say it in case it's wrong.

It's just that he doesn't need this type of pressure when he is on the verge of playiing in the seniors IMO

Cheers

Fid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:15 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

St Fidelius wrote:
Look, I hope it's not the case of shooting the messenger....

I heard that it may have been Norman, but out of respect I didn't want to say it in case it's wrong.

It's just that he doesn't need this type of pressure when he is on the verge of playiing in the seniors IMO

Cheers

Fid

If you're right about it being Norman I think we'd all agree with you

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just admit it St Fidelius, your stirring trouble and trying to come out looking good. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:17 pm 
St Kilda Supporter

SurreyBlue wrote:
Just admit it St Fidelius, your stirring trouble and trying to come out looking good. :evil:

Yeah what ever you think, just check all my posts on this site and think again

Before you start making accusations :roll:

Just have a good think about it SurreyBlue, I never mentioned the players name in case it was wrong.

If I wanted to cause trouble I would have mentioned the player it’s rumoured to be FFS

Last edited by St Fidelius on Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

TruBlueBrad wrote:
The players have every right to be out at 1am Sunday on the Easter Weekend when Monday is a public holiday...provided we don't have training the following morning..

If you say that then you accept that the public and 3AW have every right to comment on a fight or argument between the player and his girlfriend.
I am not saying he isnt allowed cause obviously we live in a free society what I am saying is that a professional AFL footballer shouldnt put themselves in situations that can backfire on them. Nightclubs at or after 1am are potential trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:24 pm 
Ken Hands

All speculation guys, and really, who gives a rats! Not like he belted someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

Must be a VERY slow news day....

YAWN......

Post subject:
Stephen Kernahan

Whether you like or not this club will survive or thrive on the value of its brand name. Incidents like this do nothing but subtract from the value of the clubs marketability.

Post subject:
St Kilda Supporter

St Fidelius wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Just have a good think about it SurreyBlue, I never mentioned the players name in case it was wrong.

If I wanted to cause trouble I would have mentioned the player it’s rumoured to be FFS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

buzzaaaah wrote:
TruBlueBrad wrote:
The players have every right to be out at 1am Sunday on the Easter Weekend when Monday is a public holiday...provided we don't have training the following morning..

If you say that then you accept that the public and 3AW have every right to comment on a fight or argument between the player and his girlfriend.
I am not saying he isnt allowed cause obviously we live in a free society what I am saying is that a professional AFL footballer shouldnt put themselves in situations that can backfire on them. Nightclubs at or after 1am are potential trouble.

So where do you draw the line buzzaaaah?

Is it OK if your at a nite club at 10pm, 11pm, 12pm....???

An incident such as this could occur anywhere and at any time - ie they arent isolated to be just at niteclubs.

Should we put all our players under lock & key? :roll:

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill here....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

How about we don't get carried away folks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Fiddy and I might have our little heated discussions from time to time, but I reckon you're off the track here Surrey - Fiddy is no troll, if he was, he'd have been blasting the name all over the place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:52 pm 
St Kilda Supporter

Gee thanks Deano 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

St Fidelius wrote:
Gee thanks Deano 8)

No worries Fiddy...

GROUP HUG!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

Geez, ease up guys. Fid's done nothing wrong here. Just discussing the issue and not trolling. Give him a break.

Anyways, if I could pass the following onto Karl that would be great but my advise to him is hand in your Carlton jumper and walk away from the game. If having to give up your life and privacy, like these footy plays seemed to inevitably do, for a measly $80K (and that's probably generous in Karl's case) and be publicly scrutinised just for being out and have a blue with the missus, it is just not worth it. This is absurd. Who gives a flying f@ck!!!!!

I have read elsewhere that the club might consider sacking the player in question. If it is over something as trivial and inconsequential as that then i'll take up knitting as a passtime to fill the void as I wont be going to or following the footy anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

YAWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:59 pm 
St Kilda Supporter

Deano Supremo wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Gee thanks Deano 8)

No worries Fiddy...

GROUP HUG!!!!

hehehe

lets not go that far :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

The story is that "Karl" was involved in another issue, in terms of news worthiness. Lawyers are looking closely at this one before becoming public.