Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Josh Kennedy
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:56 am 
Horrie Clover

Taped Bullants vs Williamstown VFL Match of the Day from week before last, but only got to watching it last night.
Watched Josh very closely.
He really is impressive.
Looks the complete footballer. Tall, agile, strong hands, courageous, great defensive skills, good tackler.
Some of his shots for goal were off-line, but he does have good technique and kicks the ball well, was just a typically windy day at Cramer Street.

He is still raw, so the more he can play in the Bullants, the better I think he'll be long term, but the dangling carrot of playing him in the 'Ones' may be too much to resist.

Either way, rest assured, this kid is going to be a very good player for the Blues in future.
I had seen him play during last year's National U18 Championships, and was clearly the best CHF of last year's crop, both from an ability, performance and leadership perspective, and was rapt to get him.
He is still very rangy, and moves very well. Not quite Jarrad Waite-like, but he has that same languid, economy of movement style. He probably lakes the sheer pace and spring that Jarrad brings to the table.

I'd still love to see him bury the Pies on Sunday, but will be happy either way in the knowledge that we have a genuine footballer for the future.