Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

well I had those damn electric eels slithering insoide my guts, sending shocks up and down my spine all day, getting worse all the way there. I knew we should win, I thought we would win but I did not feel that we would win. Everything had gone too right and the past few years have made me the biggest doubting Thomas there is. I wanted to stick my hand in the side of the bluebagger team and make sure the heart was still beating fierce.

This feeling was so strong that when my son ummed and ahhed about going I let him off the hook. he spent a day in his gaga land with his mate Chris. I spent it drinking with my two nephews (1 a Roo supporter) and watching for a blueflame that never ignited.

So the game itself.

Yuk!

Gee we should have kicked a few and been clear in the first but we didn't, we made mistakes and I felt that we just didn't have that intenisty evident against West Coast.

The thing with good sides is a) They can turn it on at some point

b) they don't let lesser sides drag them all the way down to their level.

We never did switch on and
we were as bad as the roos.

I think two more runners would have helped the cause so the side will need to adjust to the smaller bench and the limitations this places on the running game (and the kicking in rules also).

Walker going down hurt - it meant every runner had a bigger load.

Livo going down hurt - we had no flexibility and the thing Denis has been working on (among other things) is flexibility - when things are not going right he tosses them around, when things are working he tosses different aspects around.

He was denied these options. This is not making excuses. I still think we should have won but we couldn't eke out one of those mongrel wins with those two down. We needed to play really well, our stars shining bright. And this never happened.

The stars of the whizz fizz fizzled like drunkards at the end of a party. They gave nothing after promising the world.

I think perhaps we did get ahead of ourselves. I think everyone expected it to happen. Just thought the intensity, the skills, the speed would manifest. Many things went right during the wizzfizz cup but T-Bird's injury was a warning - nothing lasts forever boys. We ignored the warning and crossed into Russia in the middle of winter.

The roos gave us Siberia and our forward line froze.

I think we will be much better nbext week. The boys will learn this lesson, will not expect things to happen but will go out their ready to make them happen. We will be intense and switched on next week.

Go Blues!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:16 pm 
Bruce Comben

What i still cant understand, even after watching the replays, is if Fev is getting double and triple teamed that means that we must have had somebody clear somewhere on the ground. Where was that option, and why was it never used??
Yes i know Colbert was the loose man in their defence, but we still could never find a loose player to carry the ball, or pass it to.
Hoe things fall our way a little better against the Bumbers, if not i am never getting a membership again.
I think i am jinxing the club.
:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

monkee wrote:
What i still cant understand, even after watching the replays, is if Fev is getting double and triple teamed that means that we must have had somebody clear somewhere on the ground. Where was that option, and why was it never used??
:?

Not sure those players who's men ran off worked hard enough to put themselves in dangerous positions. As Dannyboy said there was not the intensity that had been displayed during the wizzfizz cup, they were as flat as an ironing board.